the HORSE the band thread because i dont want to hijack the g.s.y.b.e. thread

iloveboxcars

so.. there are parts in thier songs (granted, ive only listened to 2) that are pretty amazing.. and there are other parts that are just so-so.

but this is definately something i would listen to. its like listening to hardcore and classic rock (at points) while playing nintendo.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/35/horse_the_band.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

they have alot of bad material, especially as far as production and recording goes. and alot of the time i want to punch the singer in the face, because he is like talk/singing and it annoys me.

but despite all that, some of thier songwriting is amazing. the drummer especially. the shit is just brutal.

songs i think are good.

cutsman. ..i really like the keyboard stuff in this one. could do without some of the vocals at the beginning.

the hammer of optirominilinkus. ..this is a quality song through and through, i just wish the singer had a better voice for those kind of pop punk harmonies at the end.

purple. the rough mix.... i dont know if there is another version of this song, and this is the rough mix, but this shit is hardt. no sissy talk/singing in this one. all screamy and the fucking drummer owns your soul on this shit from start to finish.

im also really pissed that i just found out about this band like 4 days ago and they played like 30 minutes frim me about a week ago. oh well, that was probably my chance.

hey does anybody here listen to journey?

thats the best band ever!!!!:P

but could somebody explain to me what the fuck emo is

i've been in a metaphorical k-hole of nothing but d&b, sly and the family stone, punk, early eeeearly gothic/punk, gabber,dubstyle for the last few years so uhm ya...

no i arent bein ignorant but what is the difference? is emo kinda like morrisey/smiths, cure type ish?

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

but could somebody explain to me what the fuck emo is

no i arent bein ignorant but what is the difference? is emo kinda like morrisey/smiths, cure type ish?

if u were being serious "emo" is short for emotional music. songs which lyrics are depressing and sad. bands like juliana theory,saves the day, thursday are what you might call emo.

Guest im not witty

so yea, could we get back to how completely radical horse the band is.

for those who care, i found a bunch of their stuff on soulseek , and hardly any on kazaa

Guest im not witty

these are all good songs....

thus spake the kangarooster

the hammer of optirominilinkus

purple

in the wake of the buntalufagis

the legend of the flower of woe

im not sure about the spelling on all those but those are the gist of the titles. i found them on slsk. theres one more i cant think of i look it up when i get home from work

• 4 weeks later...

Horse the band has produced some of the most amazing things i have ever seen in my life. 1 being this picture:

http://www.asssnake.com/horsetheband/pics/hairpart2vegas.jpg'>

another one being this live footage:

http://www.geocities.com/scullmanbootlegs/.../downloads.html

scroll down and download cutsman.

Thank you for your inspiration HORSE THE BAND. You make me happy.

But you started it, then they did it to you and you continue it.

The "they started it" argument is BS, because you can always ignore them and stop it. Also you are the only person on this board that pople do that to. Which means that you are pissing people off. You cant really argue against the fact that you are pissing people off, cause you are. You should think about what you do to make everyone mad. Thank you have a fun day.