Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the HORSE the band thread because i dont want to hijack the g.s.y.b.e. thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by iloveboxcars, Sep 4, 2003.

1. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

so.. there are parts in thier songs (granted, ive only listened to 2) that are pretty amazing.. and there are other parts that are just so-so.

but this is definately something i would listen to. its like listening to hardcore and classic rock (at points) while playing nintendo.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/35/horse_the_band.html

2. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

the keyboard part in cutsman from about 315ish to the end is awesome. Horse is very good, they're just fun to listen to. I might be seeing them tuesday if i can figure out rides and such, hopefully i can make it.

3. CAPiTA

CAPiTA Member

HORSE is epic. Yes, it is exactly like listening to hardcore while playing nintendo...hence the genre, NintendoCore.

4. lovestick

lovestick Junior Member

They're good live. For as lame as it might sound on recording to some, they do produce an excellent live show.

Though they are from socal, and as far as it goes for hardcore bands that's usually a detriment.

:rolleyes:

5. im not witty

im not witty Guest

they have alot of bad material, especially as far as production and recording goes. and alot of the time i want to punch the singer in the face, because he is like talk/singing and it annoys me.

but despite all that, some of thier songwriting is amazing. the drummer especially. the shit is just brutal.

songs i think are good.

cutsman. ..i really like the keyboard stuff in this one. could do without some of the vocals at the beginning.

the hammer of optirominilinkus. ..this is a quality song through and through, i just wish the singer had a better voice for those kind of pop punk harmonies at the end.

purple. the rough mix.... i dont know if there is another version of this song, and this is the rough mix, but this shit is hardt. no sissy talk/singing in this one. all screamy and the fucking drummer owns your soul on this shit from start to finish.

im also really pissed that i just found out about this band like 4 days ago and they played like 30 minutes frim me about a week ago. oh well, that was probably my chance.

6. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

In all my years of 12oz, I never hear them mentioned once. Then me and Mr. Chupacabra start talking about them, and suddenly, they're are the coolest band on 12oz......weird.

7. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

well, i never even heard of them up until yesterday.. so..yeah.

8. CAPiTA

CAPiTA Member

...and Chup is a good friend of mine (actually friend in real life, not a fake internet friedx0r), so I heard about them from him...you guys have started a revolution, I guess

9. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

*hides from dr. dazzle*

10. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

hey does anybody here listen to journey?

thats the best band ever!!!!:p

but could somebody explain to me what the fuck emo is

i've been in a metaphorical k-hole of nothing but d&b, sly and the family stone, punk, early eeeearly gothic/punk, gabber,dubstyle for the last few years so uhm ya...

no i arent bein ignorant but what is the difference? is emo kinda like morrisey/smiths, cure type ish?

11. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Dirty Dozen Crew

if u were being serious "emo" is short for emotional music. songs which lyrics are depressing and sad. bands like juliana theory,saves the day, thursday are what you might call emo.

12. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

yes i was completly seriouse

so it would be an offshoot of *hardcore* then?

thank ya......i dont know i'd rather drink gin and listen to smashing pumpkins and portishead

13. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

The first time I ever heard the term "emo" was about three years ago on here, when everyone used it to describe Creed. So draw your own conclusions about that...

14. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

yea so did i, i used to see all these flyers with punk , ska, emo nights on them. i never bothered looking into it till now

the name emo makes me think of little highschool girls dressing gothic and listening to jack off jill

15. im not witty

im not witty Guest

so yea, could we get back to how completely radical horse the band is.

for those who care, i found a bunch of their stuff on soulseek , and hardly any on kazaa