The Horror!

RumPuncher

crash_051105.jpg

A 19-year-old woman from Mississauga has been charged with careless driving following an accident this morning that dumped 2,184 cases of beer onto Highway 401, forcing its closure during the morning rush.

OPP Sgt. Cam Woolley said the woman, who is in hospital with minor injuries, was served with the papers this morning.

Police allege she swerved out of her lane and into the path of the Molson beer truck at 6:30 a.m., causing the rollover in the eastbound lanes. The woman's flipped over as a result.

Woolley credited the woman's seatbelt and the car's airbags with saving her life.

Molson spokesperson Nathalie Masse said the driver was hauling the load for delivery in Oshawa. He has a "stellar record" of more than 25 years, Masse said. The truck driver wasn't injured in the crash.

Police said the road would be cleared in time for the afternoon rush.

The remaining beer will be returned to Molson, for destruction, authorities said.

The entire load of beer was spilled, creating what one police officer described as a "sea of beer."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest spectr
Originally posted by Seldoon@May 11 2005, 01:35 PM

eh it's only canadian beer.

:( :( :(

yeah but molson is still better then bud and its beer who cares what type it is you drink enough of it and everything will get better.

Originally posted by <KEY3>+May 11 2005, 06:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (<KEY3> - May 11 2005, 06:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fatalist@May 11 2005, 02:23 PM

well at least it wasn't a truck full of dos equis....

you have to tip over a lot of donkeys to spill that much beer.

[/b]

HAHA, DON'T HATE!

sure you can hate on molson's canadian.... BUT

It just wouldn't be May 24* without a Canadian or ten.

* only some people truly understand the May24.

I've got a 4 day weekend for it this year! wheeeeeeee!

and just because it was a Molson Canadian truck.... doesn't mean it was filled with shit beer.

just think of all these brands getting destroyed too!

(it's enough to make me cry!)

mb_boh.jpgmb_blacklabel.jpg

mb_rick-red.jpgmb_marca_bavaria.jpg

mb_molsondry.jpgmb_heineken.jpg

mb_mgd.jpgmb_cafferys.gif

^ all distributed by Molson's.

I'd cry over the Caffrey's. That's about it.

This makes me remember painting back in 1998, when the Budweiser plant used to send boxcars packed to the gills with cases and cases of beer. We'd just pop the lock off the door, cut through all the paper packing and snag a couple cans for the night. Good times, good times.

They don't send beer through here anymore because the yard was in the hood and dudes would rob the boxes completely empty. Locks, bulls, nothing stopped it. The plant wound up switching to truck service because of it.

you know what kills me....

50 is one of the most popular beers out there now.

labatt50.jpg WHY ???????

what's next? Stock ale?

176.gif

^ pure hoser beer.