The Holy Trinity of Canadian Cinema

RumPuncher

Yep... these are the three most important works of film to ever be produced in Canada.

1.) A Christmas Story

It's Christmas time and there's only one thing on Ralphie Parker's Christmas list this year: a Red Ryder Carbine Action, 200 Shot, Range Model Air Rifle, but many obstacles stand in the way of his dream because every adult that he confronts keeps telling him he'll shoot his eye out. Meanwhile The Old Man just got a Major Award, a leg lamp, and Mom is making sure The Old Man doesn't come near her turkey, Ralphie's friend get's his tongue stuck to a phone pole, and Ralphie utters the f-word infront of his father. "The F-dash-dash-dash-word." Christmas is drawing nearer and Ralphie visits Santa at the mall in hopes of asking him for his dream gift. Will he receive it? Let's hope so.

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/christmasstory.jpg'>

2.) Porky's

We follow a bunch of high school kids through a period in their puberty. Their lives mainly consist of watching the girls in the shower and making life a living hell for their teachers and for each other. The movie is packed with practical jokes and eccentric characters, like Pee Wee with the short dick (which he measures every morning) who met up for sex with the school "mattress" Wendy already wearing a rubber, or the fat teaching bitch Beulah Balbricker who is determined on making life a living hell for the boys. The name "Porky's" is the name of a striptease bar the boys get thrown out of and humiliated in in the beginning of the movie. They have their minds set on revenge, but that's not easy as the owner's brother is sheriff. Only by forgetting their internal differences can they defeat Porky and his gang.

http://www.dvdmagico.com/imagenes/porkys.jpg'>

3.) Strange Brew

Something is rotten at the Elsinore Brewery. Bob and Doug Mackenzie (as seen on SCTV) help the orphan Pam regain the brewery founded by her recently-deceased father. But to do so, they must confront the suspicious brewmaster and two teams of vicious hockey players.

http://www.prolefeed.com/features/why-the-hell/strangebrew.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I went on set of Police Academy III and got to meet the original Bones Brigade.

Tony Hawk, Cab, Lance Mountain etc. That was incredible for a young skater kid.

why? Becaue My Pops had a hand in making the flick.

He was on all 3 that I listed plus 2 that ese listed.

Guest im not witty

that opening scene in police III with the bones brigade was soo fucking sick back in the day.

you probably know the person I was named after I bet. or your dad does at least. he's a career bit part actor in toronto. he's been on all kinds of cbc shit (riverdale was the latest), ttc ads, tv movies, even a few bit parts in real movies (detroit rock city is the last I can remember). If its shot in toronto and requires a middle aged cop/janitor/teacher/civil servant, he's the guy they call.

oh, and one of the scenes in police academy was filmed in a store my dad worked in. memories...

Originally posted by Kilo7-

haha... I know your name. CB ??

;)

damn. I'm still kinda suprised you do know actually. he was best friends with my dad from way back. they don't talk anymore. he was back in town a year or two ago and is unfortunately still an alcoholic. my dad quit drinking years ago, and didnt really feel like going to meet him at the bar for a few drinks. too many years gone now...

but I still owe him for hooking me up with a ttc map from one of the cars, and a big blue jays "watch the game here" labbat sign (shaped like the scoreboard at exhibition stadium with changable parts to show the date of the next game and team they were playing) when we left town.

Originally posted by !@#$%

the night i lost my virginity i saw "a christmas story"

hilarious

(i shot my eye out ;) )

I lost my virginity while wathing 'she's gotta have it', ain't that some funny shit?

but i don't think that was made in canada......

IMDB like woah. it was a running joke with my parents that you could judge how bad a movie was by his inclusion in the cast. if we saw him it was usually a sign we needed to take the video back and get somthing else :D either that or it was canadian made.

Archived