1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Hitchhiking Thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by RoboThruster, Dec 20, 2004.

1. RoboThruster

RoboThruster 12oz Member

The Hitchhiking Thread

Discussion started by RoboThruster - Dec 20, 2004

So recently one of my friends gave me a copy of that book "Bomb the Suburbs". So far I've mostly looked at it with alot of cynicism (sp?) and not taken alot of it too seriously. But one thing I did find interesting just on a more general tip was his talk of hitchiking across America.

It didn't even occur to me that people actually did this, I always picture that movie stand by me when I think of it. Aside from the axe weilding rapist factor it seems like it would be dope way to collect some adventures and meet some interesting people with less organising and hassle that would normally come with back packing. So I was wondering have any of you actually done this shit? Or know anyone who has? Any horrible near axed to death experience's ? Or humorous stories? Thoughts on it in general ?

For now I'll leave you with a photo of this german hitchhiker who came up when I googled it .

[​IMG]

On his site he says "I have been hitchhiking since 1996, since I was 18. Since then, I have traveled about 85,000 kilometers this way. I love it, I have met a lot of interesting people, had a lot of surprises, andgot a lot of important ideas while hitchhiking. I HAVE INFECTED SOME MORE PEOPLE WITH THE VIRUS" :shook:

Discuss crackiggas

RoboThruster - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. why write?

why write? 12oz Veteran Member

why write? - Replied Dec 20, 2004

bomb the suburbs is a decent book...worth the rack

but my hitchhiking story:

one time it was raining real real bad and this car pulled up and asked me and my friend if we wanted a ride...so we said alright and then we get in the back and shit...the people are saying 'ohh we know what its like to walk in the rain'...then the passenger was like 'too bad this isnt our car' and looked at the driver and started laughing at eachother, me and my friend just looked at eachother like uh ohh..

another hitchhiking story:

one time me and the same friend were trying to get home so we were hitchhiking for about 20 minutes then a car pulls up and my friend is like 'nicee, we got ourselves a ride' turns out to be a cop haha, he just told us its illegal to hitchike, we just said we didnt know and thats it.

why write? - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton 12oz Senior Member

JohnnyHorton - Replied Dec 20, 2004

^ the cop didn't offer to drive you home? what a prick... cops around my way offer you a lift if you're walking late at night

JohnnyHorton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

Neskoner - Replied Dec 20, 2004

one day me n my boy were skatin around our old spot,and my friend decides he has to shit badly,and the nearest place with a bathroom was about 3 or 4 blocks away,and the only car in sight was a fuckin cop car,luckly he gave us a ride without question,my friend straight up said,he man i got the shits help me out with a ride..that worked out pretty well,i have a couple more storys but they are all about the same,just from walkin in the rain after painting or something.

Neskoner - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

fermentor666 - Replied Dec 20, 2004

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. ledzep

ledzep 12oz Junior Member

ledzep - Replied Dec 20, 2004

^^haha yes! great fucking series.

ledzep - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  7. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Dec 20, 2004

Hitchhiking is far too unreliable to travel great distances. And hardly nobody gives rides these days. Well unless you are a girl and then you have other problems. You will walk more than you ride.
    Hopping trains is more reliable but you have to have a pretty good idea of the railsystems or you could wind up way the fuck out somewhere in the middle of nowhere with no food, water nothing.... and/or freezing your ass off.

But fuck this shit. Rely on yourself. I don't understand this fascination with backpacking. I've spend plenty enough of my life living out of a bag already.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. alcohol swab

alcohol swab 12oz Member

alcohol swab - Replied Dec 20, 2004

i will never hitchhike again after i got stabbed and raped by some fat soccer mom.phewww

alcohol swab - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder 12oz Elite Member

kaesthebluntedwonder - Replied Dec 20, 2004

while in brazil recently i was waiting with my brother and two friends for a bus to take us to the center, when this guy in a car pulled up and said "same price as the bus to the center", so we were like fuck it, and got in, and he took us to the center and we got out and paid him the same price, which in dolars is -$.90 or so.

my pops biked across germany, france and england with some friends after he got out of school, and stayed in inns along the way. now that would be the shit.

kaesthebluntedwonder - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. villain

Yeah they got that kind of thing here in the states... some places call them jitneys.... some places call them cars.... they call it cars around here... There is some kind of hand signal to hail them but I forgot what it is now.... But they are cheaper than taxis and generally respectable as a business.

Biking across europe would be awesome... staying in inns...
    yeah that would be cool.
    But hitchhiking still sux.
    Actually couples have an easier time than either a man or a woman alone. But it still sux.
    Only "special" people pick up hitchhikers these days. Especially benevolent, or especially malevolent....

11. kaesthebluntedwonder

fuck that, it's too much of a gamble, you never know whose car you're gonna get into and what that person's history is and what not. no thanks.

12. villain

that's what i'm saying.... takes a special kind of person.

13. kaesthebluntedwonder

[​IMG]

14. dobsilla

dobsilla 12oz Senior Member

dobsilla - Replied Dec 20, 2004

i was hitching from austin to temple to get to a yard there and this guy picked me up with this raunchy crackwhore in some beat up ass van. he said he would take me the whole way but he had to run some errands first. so first he drove me into the woods and he ran outta gas so he went and stole some from some house we were parked by. then he pulled up to a house and told the whore to go make him some money, she knocked on the door and came out 5 minutes later with 20 bucks. then he stopped got some gas, got a flat tire. we stopped at some sketchy ass place and he traded a battery for a tire. then we left there and he asked what i was doin for money and i said "im just winging it man" and he said "well shit you can grab my weeny and make 30 bucks. i was so caught off guard that i just said "nah tahts cool" and he took me to the yard and dropeed me off. it was fucking weird, the whole time i thought he was gonna shoot me.

dobsilla - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Dec 20, 2004

my mom was doing ti asa teenager w/ her sister... they dangled my aunt out the van's side door on the highway.

careful w/ rides from cops... a guy around the way got a ride from a cop late one night... cop pulls off the road and under a bridge near a river.. ol' boy freaks out and starts kicking the back window.. finally busts it and gets out, running up to the highway... to stay there until some other cops came. he currently has charges pending for destroying police property and evading an officer

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: