The history of 12 oz.

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ohh man i remember this one time...okay i better start off at the begining.....i knew him for like 10 years before i even i had the idea of him being it..well as it turns out he did and i was so its all good:)

theyve been around for quite a while...ive been with them for 3 or 4 changes in their webpage....i think ive been with them since my freshman year in highschool...maybe my sophmore year..so that would be like late 97 early 98....im in college now and all i do is visit this message board to pass time...im a loser...

Guest THE LAW
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Cool, who are the original owners....or whatnot. I just think there is such a good thing going on here, that alot of "graffiti" sites do not have.

from the magazine to the website, Raven runs the show.

dont be so sure....

12oz has been around for a few years. raven owns and operates the whole show. he's a better designer than your whole family put together, and the issues he put out in the 90's are still better than anything that anyone is doing today. what else is there to know?

beware topic tangent ahead:

dood, first of all ive read that book twice, and really i get about 10-15% of it...but that being said, that 10-15%, has completely changed my view of the cosmos and space...it was a tough read for me, and i did have to jump start once or twice...but really at points, its almost like reading an insane ee cummings poem, you have to enjoy just becoming lost in it, and the language of physics certainly has some kind of poetic feel to it...also after awhile i had to accept the fact that some of it was just to dam complicated for me just to read without a physics major there to shed some light for me and to just move along...which by the way ive noticed a fair share of heavy physics majors on this site too, mamero being one off the top of my head...buit i think he does a good job with it...i mean its not for the scholar and its not for the john grisham reader (yeah pelican brief good, but i mean come on) its really right in between...they said for every formula his readers would drop in half, so he decided that sales werent important as a non-waterdown subject matter...sink or swim is how he felt....my boy also just finished his other one, something 'black hole and baby universes', and said it was even trippier...anyways whats the moral of this story, give a fuck, and stay away from alleys where kids ride bikes, tag on garbage cans and midget walls, and wear hooded sweatshirts (see tagging thread)....

-looking at stars

Originally posted by mental invalid

"it just sort of happend. its similar to the 'big bang' theory. one day it didnt exist, the next day it did. POOF."

read brief history of time, it will put all of this into perspective and answer all your questions that you pose...

r.

Seriously though?

outside of shakespear and the bible, thats the biggest selling book in europe or some shit like that. they've sold one copy for every 750 people on the planet or soem ridiculous shit. i'd have to read the forward again. i'll get around to it, i just gotta be in the right mood on the right day...

...you certainly have to be comfortable in being able to say "i dont get it", because really the end result of that, is an acceptance of exactly how fucking tremendous this universe is...basically by me saying that 85% of this over my head, means that i dont really understand 85% of whats going on around me, which created this wonder inside me, that i didnt know shit and the universe the took on a look like it did when i was five, and all i can do now is look at it and sigh and wonder at its history, function, beauty, and above all mystery, and thats better then thinking i knew what was going on when really i didnt have a fucking clue...the flip side of that is that once i realize i dont know, i end up examining the subject matter deeper, and thus get a better understanding of whatever was previously lacking cause i thought i knew my shit....moral of the story, the dumber you are the smarter you become...i think...hahaha

...now the story of 12 oz, well its a tale that i dont think even mr. hawking could begin to theorize about...i understand youre interest though....

-looking at stars

I remember when a homie copped issue #3. I ordered from the 7th heaven and spent like 150$ on tips, videos, posters, (can I reorder the obi1) streaks uniwides. The package came to my work and I was having the shittiest day. I went and fucked up the city. I think three streaks were used within a week. Gosh those good old days were fun. So when can I get the lates issue? Oh I forgot its what everyones waiting for.

Archived