Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The healthy eating thread - Keto, Paleo and more...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by misteraven, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Deine Mudder

Deine Mudder Senior Member

Haha, well put!

Oh, wow.
    Yea this really sounds like you should consider drinking a bit less coffee and a bit more water
    : ]

2. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Yeah, was going to comment on that. Knew someone who drank coffee like that before, regularly. One day they start getting heart palpitations, other symptoms, went to the ER thinking it was a heart attack. Diagnosis- WAY too much coffee. Hope you're not using the coffee as a counter for depression to get you up and moving, imagine that could bite you in the ass later. Sure you know it's a diuretic too?

3. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Its not the coffee but rather the caffeine. Coffee in itself is actually considered healthy according to many trusted sources. Personally I've been drinking a ton of tee. I start with a morning latte, but not unusual to drink 5 or 6 mugs of tea that for all intents and purposes has probably as much caffeine in it. Still a far cry from 20 I guess.

4. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Oh yeah, I'm now down about 25 lbs. Its certainly slowed down and seems somewhat stabilized, but if not I'm going to have to figure out a way to bulk up a little.

5. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Well yes, but thought that was a given re: caffeine being the culprit... don't know many people who would put down 20 cups of decaf! Tea is great for you too but can also be overdone. Never felt a cup of tea the same as a cup of coffee, no idea how the caffeine levels compare, but at 5+ mugs of tea you supposedly start to push it, think the concern was about the kidneys? Wonder if other cultures pound coffee/tea the way we do, Asians definitely do not in my observations. They have some great tea.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  6. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

@One Man Banned Your comment inspired me to look up the general info on consuming large amount of tea or caffeine. Seems its a bad idea to have 5+ cups regularly with high blood pressure being one of the main repercussions. It obviously varies by the amount of caffeine in the drink, with coffee being highest, followed by black tea. Green tea and most herbal tees have much less caffeine (and usually less taste as well), so you can have a bit more of that.

That said, black tea followed by coffee are the most consumed liquid besides straight water.

7. belmonts

belmonts Senior Member

Smaller portions of healthier food(compared to what I used to eat) throughout the day are making me feel great. Better sleep, more energy, and the idea that I'm making the healthy/smart choice is helping my attitude. Now I just need to quit smoking!!! I know I'm over it but it's second nature.

misteraven likes this.
  8. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Mental state definitely has a lot to do with this. Both in terms of jumping in and in terms of what you take back out.

Currently down about 27 lbs and finally seems to have stabilized. Still eating as much as I want, though admittedly I've gone hungry a couple times holding out on picking some shit up in favor of sticking to a clean diet and waiting until I can get home to my fridge.

Having a tough time finding (good) fatty foods and wondering if I'm eating way too much protein.

9. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

Yea I realise coffee isn't the best thing to consume lots of.
    Haven't had issues with heart palpitations or high blood pressure. I am planning on seeing the doctor for an overall health check up. Almost 40 and not looked after myself very well over the last 25 years.
    I'm still healthy and in shape which I put down to not driving and walking everywhere.