the gypsy blackbook.

pooh_rock!

hey,

i know this thread doesn't have any pics and might be slandered and ridiculed by many, but i think you will all find this idea quite interesting. i don't know if anything like this has been attempted before, but it's worth a try.

i am proposing that i buy a blackbook, slap a piece onto the first page or so, then pass it along to anyone in the country (or the world for that matter) that wants to show their talent. i envision this book travelling the globe, completing a book full of worldwide talent. there would be some prolems with this is think. first i would probably have to realize the possibility that someone may jack my book for their own.

i only want serious artists, no damn toys. email me a sample of your pieces if you are interested along with your address (elfurioso1980@hotmail.com). i am dead serious about this. whoever gets the last page must send it back to me. i would then pursue getting someone to publish the book for everyone to see. lets work together as a community and get it poppin. let me know what you think.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

see also, "passaround, passbook, etc" in other words, it's been done, being done, will be done...good luck, though...this thread will be moved and or closed before tomorrow at this time...why don't you post up some of your work so heads here can see what your skill level is. then they'll decide if they are interested in piecing in your book...and uh, don't have it published, just scan and post here...like other people do...too many money issues with publishing. unless you really want to do that...and get all the writers permission, and pay royalties...

good luck

someone beat you to it. there was already one started but is lost. then there's one that platipie started but got lost in the mail. so i started a new one. i don't know who has it right now, but let me bump the thread. woot.

I used to think pass-arounds were a great idea. UNTIL........circa 1993 I started a book with a few pieces, then passed it to a good writer in town I knew, he did a burner, then passed it to another, then it was passed to another ,and so on. I heard the book was getting pieced by all the local stars. This was great, I thought, until someone else who received the book thought it was great also, and decided to KEEP the book for himself. END of PASS-AROUND idea.

yea some toy decided to piece in my book and then disapered it was ok cause it was my very first book and not too many good people got down in it, but like everybody said there is a big chance that it could be stolen.and if your willing to take that risk then go for it but we dont wanna hear any bitchin when the wrong guy gets a hold of it and pockets that ish.just my 2 shiny pennies

Archived