THE GREAT CITY OF OPA-LOCKA

Opa-locka is a City of 4.2 square miles located in the north western area of Miami-Dade County, Florida. It has a population of approximately 14,700 residents, a large general aviation airport, 3 parks, 2 lakes, and some of the most unique buildings in the country. Because it was based on the Arabian nights theme, we have streets with such names as Sabur Lane, Sultan Avenue, Ali Baba Avenue and the original Sesame Street. Although the name of the city - Opa-locka - sounds Arabic, it is a contraction of the native American's name for the area, "Opa-tisha-woka-locka", meaning a dry place in the swamp with trees. Obviously this would not readily fit on a letterhead and be rather difficult to remember. Hence it was shortened to Opa-locka. Opa-locka Airport (OPF) is located only 10 minutes from Dolphin Stadium (home of the Miami Dolphins and the Florida Marlins), 35 minutes from Downtown Miami, 30 minutes from Miami Beach and only 20 minutes from Miami International Airport. Designated as a reliever to Miami International Airport, Opa-locka Airport features no landing fees and quick and easy access. The airport offers full FBO service; aircraft repair and maintenance on airframes, power plants and avionics; and US Custom Service on the airfield. The airport is also home to the busiest U.S. Coast Guard Air/Sea Rescue Station.

http://www.cityofopalocka.org/index.htm

0006in.jpg

06bd.jpg

arys4ei.jpg

baler8jj.jpg

benchinreport0078mo.jpg

benchinreport0083lb.jpg

benchinreport0093hl.jpg

benchinreport0105jr.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definately blowing shit up for other people. you should think next time before you act.

if this is to me id like to say again not one of these pictures where taken in opa-locka and i havnt done anything wrong nor did i blow any spot that anyone couldnt find by usin google or on any railfan site hate it or love it im just take pictures, hope yall like it i dont wanna feel like im wastin my time...be easy and be safe everybody

myflorida.com

:cool: