1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Grandparents Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fatbastard, Feb 2, 2004.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard 12oz Elite Member

The Grandparents Appreciation Thread.

Discussion started by fatbastard - Feb 2, 2004

How dope are grandparents? I have one set left and they are no doubt the homies.

So the other day my grandparents come over to visit me, and stayed and chatted about virtually nothing for about a half hour, for some reason it was real fun, they crack me up...as they were leaving and i kissed my grandma goodbye my grandpa grabs my arm and says to me "hey dont kiss my wife or i'll kiss yours" :lol: he cracks me up.

Grandma.

no doubt the kindest and most innocent person in the world, has 10 children and 19 grandchildren, and 1 great grandchild she still gives all the grandchildren money during birthdays and holidays but has a rule, once your married your cut off from the presents list. :) she gives me more money than any other of her grandchildren. This woman has spent her whole life caring, raising and loving.

Grandpa

This guy is in his late 80's and has lost the plot over time. He sleeps 17 hours a day and when his awake he has a OCD thing about the doors being unlocked so every hour when his awake he does a few rounds of the house making sure all doors are locked and that the computers off and all the un-used lights are off as well. he used to watch sale of the centuary and he didnt know what was ever going on he just liked to watch peoples scores go up and down, but when they took that off the air the tv became usless to him.

Ok so share some stories, about your grandparents.....tell us about them. are they homies, or are they absolute dicks? i know mr.yuck has a few funny stories to share.

fatbastard - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. BOZACK

BOZACK 12oz Member

BOZACK - Replied Feb 2, 2004

when my great grandmother was in a nursing home, she used to fake seizures and dizzy spells all the time cos she liked the drugs the nurses gave her. she was quite the troublemaker.

BOZACK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Feb 2, 2004

Yeah, I only have my mum's parents left. They had 8 children, and fuck knows how many grandchildren there are. Plus there's a couple great grandchildren thrown in for good measure. They're the coolest, nicest, and at times trippiest people, all you have to say to my grandad is hello and he just talks for hours. Plus his war stories are fucking killer.....

It's just too bad I only get to see them every few years. I hope I get to see them again before they're gone.

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Feb 2, 2004

my mum's parents are the dopest humans to ever walk the earth. raised 15 children, have at least 60+ grandchildren (more on the way) asd about 10+ great grandchildren (more on the way). they're the nicest kindest most selfless people on earth.

my father's mother on the other hand is completely bonkers. you will never get a word in edge-ways with her. ever. she talks sooooo much, falls asleep at really random times (even mid-conversation) and does the loudest farts i've ever heard.

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

Neskoner - Replied Feb 2, 2004

My grandparents are the best people,on my dads side i only got a grandpa tho,grandma died when my dad was like 9 years old,but gramps is pure thug,he has a bunch of false teeth,hes missin like 2 fingers,has a 3rd grade education,worked on a farm all his life,but hes still a smart,funny and great guy,he lives in Kansas soo i never see em,but my moms parents are the nicest people in the world,the love gettin drunk,all the family get togethers are at their crib,n if they didnt listenin to classical music they would be thugs,g-ma drives a cadi...and they both make perverted jokes that old people shouldnt be talkin about,Soo yea..no doubt I love my grandparents alot..Theyre just great people.

Neskoner - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. Crimsøn

Crimsøn 12oz Senior Member

Crimsøn - Replied Feb 2, 2004

My Grandpa farts all the time, and thinks nothing of it.
    He is awesome. :lol:

Crimsøn - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. fatbastard

fatbastard 12oz Elite Member

fatbastard - Replied Feb 2, 2004

thats gold!

hahahah i love crazy old people! tell us some things that she says? i working at a nursing home one day amd we were having a "quiz night" (at 2 in the afternoon, which is late for them considering they get up around 5:30) and this lady who kept falling asleep wakes up randomly and goes:

"we used to have pet wallabies, a dog and a cat...and they all lay amongst each other"

then she fell asleep for no joke another 30 seconds wakes up again and goes "on the mat"

fatbastard - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE 12oz Elite Member

EyeforAnEYE - Replied Feb 2, 2004

I have one grandmother left, my dads' mom. She is 93 years old, and acts like she is 60. She stood in line for a Britney Spears autogrpah for me and my sisters, for reaosns I have no clue of. She came off the boat from ireland. She is JUST starting to lose her memory, which is amazing, shes 93 and still goes out and shops all the time. I hope i get that longevity gene.

EyeforAnEYE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Feb 2, 2004

never had a chance to meet them

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  10. BOZACK

BOZACK 12oz Member

BOZACK - Replied Feb 2, 2004

oh yes i forgot this one....this same great grandmom had a birthday party at said nursing home and i went with my family. she got her birthday cake and was all excited and started eating it VERY SLOWLY. then she'd forget it was there. then 15 minutes later she'd look down and see the cake and get all excited like "oh! birthday cake! how nice!" and start eating it again. this process was repated over a span of almost 2 hours.

BOZACK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Feb 2, 2004

I only had 3 to start with, lost my grandmother and my Nana, Nana was the bomb... Papa doesn't like me or something, haven't heard from him in a few years...

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. Telo

Telo 12oz Elite Member

Telo - Replied Feb 2, 2004

My only grandma left is pretty cool.. she chills.. except the fact that whenever i visit her, she insists 8pm is bedtime. THen i have to sit in the dark in achair for about3 or 4 hours till im tired.. not very fun times..

Telo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube 12oz Veteran Member

26SidedCube - Replied Feb 2, 2004

Without a doubt, grandparents are the whip.

Not only are grandpas almost ALWAYS the wittiest,
    most consistantly on-point motherfuckers they've
    also got some knowledge to drop when you least
    expect it. Words like a motherfucker when it
    comes to women.

Grandma's are like moms times a thousand...
    giving when you tell them not to be, cook the
    bomb grub, will help you out anytime you're
    in a jam for a hug and a kiss.

The best is when they make fun of each other
    like old friends, someday I want a girl I can
    trade blows with like that... maybe when I'm 60.

26SidedCube - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Feb 2, 2004

i honestly would not know where to start. you prolly know i've been overseas for a few years. i roll up at her place xmas 02 on a 3 week stay and she's all "how have you been?". i get about 2 sentences into telling her what's been going on and then she just cuts right in and begins to tell me everything that's happened to her since the minute i left until the minute i arrived. i sat there for 5 hours straight listening to her talk. keep in mind i only arrived after a 24 hour flight at 7 am that morning and hadn't slept since i left dublin and had the most insane jet lag in history. thank god my brain wasn't working or i would have slapped her.

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  15. Fuck Ya'll

Fuck Ya'll 12oz Member

Fuck Ya'll - Replied Feb 2, 2004

Too bad all my grandparents are dead.

Fuck Ya'll - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: