Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the GORILLAZ

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by iced out mocha, Sep 4, 2001.

1. what does everyone think of em? i didnt like em at first and now they are trendy as hell but theyve grown on me i like em alot now.

2. TOY

TOY New Jack

ive always like del but i dont know if i really like the group as a whole. they have 4 music videos on toonami on cartoon network. i just found that out a couple days ago.

3. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! Member

i love them. i bought the CD the first time i heard that 'clint eastwood' song. i thought it was all going to be del and more hip hop influenced since it was produced by the same guy who did dr. octagon.. but it's actually got a real mellow groove feel to it, it almost reminds me of Beck sometimes. anyway, it's an all around good album.

i got sunshine in a bag...

------------------
    PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

4. dsel.ufd

dsel.ufd New Jack

Is the del your talkin about del the funky homospapien?

5. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

..yeah..that del...so you guys recommend it its not just pop chew it garbage, that is way to overfucking played...dont lead me astray...r

6. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

i like the groups members with their individual careers...just dont know how they mesh. i've only heard the single

7. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Guest

they got del on a track, so its gotta be worth a shot..
    the same guy that did dr octagon produced it? do you mean kool keith or the guy that produced dr octagon??

8. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

i like del personnaly....i dont feel the gorrilas though, or del in the gorrillas.
    dan the automator produced Doc Oct...hard for me to believe he produced gorrllas though....

9. *ZEMONEDOE$

*ZEMONEDOE$ Veteran Member

i heard del wasnt even on the whole album.i would never cop it.he was my man since if you have white nipples but yo that song is playyyyeddddd.they play it on the rock stations here.del deserved to blow but fuck that stupid shit.
    i gota solar eclipse in a sack fucka.
    ice cubes cousin caant hang wit the dirty half dozen.
    he'll get frozen,in time and space.like that shit he write.only gettin one mic.
    thas why his white bitch went dike.
    licken mad carpet just like me.
    wanna tes the boi holla and see.

10. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

sound check is a great song

11. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

i really liked it for the artwork.

i mean.. its not bad music.. nothing amazing.

but artwork.. and ad scheme..i thought was kinda kicking

but i was a fan of tank girl back in the day.. i even went to the theatre to see the movie.

shiiiiit donkey dickerooo.

12. niseNSF

niseNSF Member

its a great fuckin record...dont believe the hype.... i hate that people cant like shit if its popular, thats some immature shit...if its good, its good. and the gorillaz is good. in fact, anything dan the automator puts together is usually incredible, and this is no exception...its fat cause its a made up band, a made-up phenomenon....the guy who draws 'tank girl' does all the videos, and nakamura (automator) does all the production...every band "member" is just someone plucked from another genre...in fact, theres someone from every "scene" kinda represented on the record. its fat. dont sleep. and del, as always, is the fuckin man....if any of yall slept on the DELTRON record (another nakamura project) than cop that and the gorillaz tommorrow....you wont regret it...unless youre still concerned that anything popular cant poosibly be cool....in that case, crawl back into your 16-year-old head and let us all know how the "underground" is doing.
    you could be real original while your down there and read some marx too. zzzzzzzzzz.

13. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! Member

^ yeah what he said. [​IMG]

------------------
    PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

14. Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth Senior Member

I'm with tow and nise....they pretty much summed it up for me.

15. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

check out Kid Koala's personal stuff

banger