the fraud

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

how come there aren't any threads about the war

on here anymore? nothing even remotely related

has been up here for some time...........................

is it too touchy or something?

information overload?

come to think of it, the last couple of things i did see, most of you didn't

even weigh in with anything to say......maybe myself included..

are people too opinionated and/or misinformed and/or insensitive

to even bother trying to communicate and talk about this shit?

its depressing i know.....but are people even doing their own

reading outside of 12oz?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think a lot of people have just lost interest, BROWNer. Not to say that people don't care, but like the O.J. trial, we've been saturated with information, and now we're sick of it all. I can barely stand to watch the news lately. Not to metion that, much like the Gulf War, this is a rated PG conflict as far as the media is concerned. They don't show all the dead Afgans in the street. The don't show the soldiers celebrating the death of "the enemy." They don't show the press conference with General Joe Shmuck say, "We're gonna go out an' kill some sand niggers today." They don't show the truth. It's not like Vietnam, where there was free media documentation. Every image shown to us, has been filtered through the government, so as "not to offend the American people with the harsh reality that is war."

i just feel that everything has fallen out of the eyes of the media. whats happening with teh world trade clean up? whats happening with the search for bin laden? where ar ethere things going? there not going to just fade away... i ant to know more. any thoughts on the canadian military entering the war?

Canada has a military?! hehehehe

As a Canadian, do you feel threatened by what's happening in the U.S. and abroad? Is that the general concensus of the Canadian people? If the answer is yes, then I think that Canada should consider at least a small defensive roll.

Guest BROWNer

i don't know if your average american citizen has been 'saturated' with

information.......maybe 'overkilled with the same basic information'.....

there's a professor in the states that has been dedicating 14hours everyday

to combing for foreign reports from all over as too how many dead civilian afghans there are......his tally so far i think is almost double that of the wtc.

tt....i don't really have any thoughts on it. i don't really know whats going on with it...

unless i missed something......as far as i'm aware they are finally going over there, but nobody knows for what...

Guest beardo
Originally posted by alkaline

I think a lot of people have just lost interest, BROWNer. Not to say that people don't care, but like the O.J. trial, we've been saturated with information, and now we're sick of it all. I can barely stand to watch the news lately. Not to metion that, much like the Gulf War, this is a rated PG conflict as far as the media is concerned. They don't show all the dead Afgans in the street. The don't show the soldiers celebrating the death of "the enemy." They don't show the press conference with General Joe Shmuck say, "We're gonna go out an' kill some sand niggers today." They don't show the truth. It's not like Vietnam, where there was free media documentation. Every image shown to us, has been filtered through the government, so as "not to offend the American people with the harsh reality that is war."

yeah, that.

Guest BROWNer

alright, but one of my questions was are any of you still trying

to get information outside of the american press? or are you

just fed up with it, resigned to the fact its all fuckt, and just

humming along catching the 'latest' on cnn or the radio?

OTTAWA - Canadian troops are preparing to ship out to join U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

INDEPTH: Target Terrorism: Canada's Military

About 750 of them, based in Edmonton, are expected to be fully deployed in the Kandahar area by mid-February.

On Tuesday, Defence Minister Art Eggleton rejected charges that operating under U.S. command jeopardizes Canadian sovereignty or harms the country's reputation as peacekeepers.

"Yes we are good at peacekeeping, we will continue to be good at peacekeeping but we can fight when we need to. We did that in Kosovo," said Eggleton in an interview with CBC TV.

"If we are serious about collective self-defence we should be there with the Americans. We've trained with them (on) many occasions, we're very interoperable, Canadians and Americans. That's why American commanders in the field in Afghanistan asked for Canadians to be part in this mission."

BACKGROUND: The Patricias go to war

The force will include two companies of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, who were first put on alert in November.

Eggleton said the force would also include a reconnaissance squadron from the Lord Strathcona's Horse. That company will take with them 12 of the Canadian-made Coyote vehicles.

The Americans specifically requested those vehicles be included, he said. The way the state-of-the-art Coyotes had performed in Kosovo had impressed the Pentagon, he said.

Also joining the group will be a logistics group.

Canada already has a naval force with five ships patrolling the Arabian Sea, and 40 members of the specialized JTF-2 anti-terrorism unit in Afghanistan.

After its efforts to join the British-led International Security Assistance force failed, the government turned to the United States, offering to join its operations to re-establish rule of law in Afghanistan.

The Canadian troops will go beyond the typical peacekeeping role, possibly getting into combat with Taliban or al-Qaeda forces, Eggleton said.

"This mission is not without risks," he said. "But our troops are trained, are equipped and are ready to carry out these important tasks."

Written by CBC News Online staff

What they'll do

Destroy remaining Taliban and al-Qaeda pockets

Provide security in the Kandahar area, including at the airport

Explore sensitive sites such as abandoned caves and al-Qaeda training camps

Military demining

Support humanitarian assistance efforts

stolen from cbc.ca

theres something to read. and it explains a little about what theyll be doing over there. and i support our troops being sent over there. i think canada and america have a good relationsip and i support it 100%, why shouldnt we back the us up? as we all know that america would do the exact same if this had happened to canada. so i feel that we should be helping our neighbors. weve done it in every other war so why not this one?

Guest BROWNer

i just saw a news conference clip with bush talking about the pakistan/india

tensions.....he went on to refer to them as 'the indians and the paki's'!!!!

the paki's!!!! bush is so classic.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Personnaly i'm sick of the whole discussion thing as far as 12oz go.

We spend our energy on trying to clarify what is our view on the matter.How bad or good we worded it.At the end the few that stayed on that kinda agree, but more on a basis of respect that the other party isnt as dumb as the majority of people that took part on that conversation.I dont leave in the states so my whole view on subjects like this are filtered on whole different way.In order to bridge views and ideas i'd have to argue a lot, and still do shit. There are few people that in my opinion have an interesting point of view that concerns me as a non america citizen. These people could be friends of mine but this is intercontinental internet talk so why bother? You'd be amazed on how the rest of the world copes, but frankly do you care? do you have a reason to do so?

I guess not.

Guest beardo

wake me up when you catch him.

frankly, i think the info the media gives us is insulting. its not news, its just more. theyre just keeping it alive with tidbits and statistics.

Originally posted by beardo

wake me up when you catch him.

frankly, i think the info the media gives us is insulting. its not news, its just more. theyre just keeping it alive with tidbits and statistics.

good point. i agree. theyre almost desperate, its just as if theyre stringing it along waiting for something to happen. there are really no new events hapening. but really, i guess i didnt expect too much from afghanistan anyways, i think this bin laden character thought he was gonna start a world war III but didnt have the military or the man power to back it up. i compare him to a really shitty version of hitler. but yeah, the media are just grasping at any statistic to keep this thing alive.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by T.T Boy

i think this bin laden character thought he was gonna start a world war III but didnt have the military or the man power to back it up. i compare him to a really shitty version of hitler. but yeah, the media are just grasping at any statistic to keep this thing alive.

I wouldnt rest on that, do you think that anything id really destroyed and controled? for how long? that religious platform knows about hate and surviving, its a tough crowd TT

The whole area is bathed in blood for centuries

Originally posted by Tesseract

I wouldnt rest on that, do you think that anything id really destroyed and controled? for how long? that religious platform knows about hate and surviving, its a tough crowd TT

The whole area is bathed in blood for centuries

i agree tess to an extent. i do know they will be able to withstand years of harships and yeah there have been wars and blood baths for centuries, but i just dont believe that any militry force in the middle east could really take down any of the modern powers. is this what were discussing here? im a bit confused at some f your wordings, i know about the language barrier, so pardon my ignorace of your terminology. would you like to restate your opinion or is this what we were discussing? once again sorry.... ill bet im not making any sense either.

Guest BROWNer

...its funny that people that basically, by most of our standards, barely

have a pot to piss in. but yet, they manage to 'escape'. methinks thats the

way its wanted.

i guess this thread is moot.

Guest imported_Tesseract

huh...now i'm confused to...

I think that this isnt what we're talking about here at all, i just made a comment on your comment thats all.

Dont know if its on point or not but i think that it is written clearly...as it may not, anyway:)

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by BROWNer

...its funny that people that basically, by most of our standards, barely

have a pot to piss in. but yet, they manage to 'escape'. methinks thats the

way its wanted.

i guess this thread is moot.

What do you mean? sorry;)

Guest BROWNer

i'm confused too....there's 2 posts there, one

for me or tt, the second for me?

at any rate, i'm just babbling....

throwing things out there to kickstart some responses...

i was getting the impression noone

felt like discussing this.............hence 'moot'.

when i refer to 'people', i'm referring to

binladen, alzwhiri(sp?alive?), mullah omar etc...

having the big bad guys still at large has

its advantages to many in and affiliated

with the 'coalition'.

i've been keeping up as much as i can. the nation has been key for me, and i highly recommend it. as far as TV goes, almost all is rubbish, but in my search i've found that MSNBC is the best of all network news. they are the most willing to take risks in doing on the scene reporting overseas and for the most part the most objective. but i can't give them too much credit. more words later. but for now, this, already an american classic.

http://thenation.com/images/homepage/covers/20001113_big.jpeg'>

Archived