Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Football Factory

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Europe, Oct 11, 2004.

1. El Producto

El Producto Senior Member

yep

fucking wicked film..did you notice all the neas joeb dpm tags in the last fight scene?? :king:

(also an insa character and a few other dubs)

2. bruceforsyth

bruceforsyth Junior Member

fukkin loved the film!!sik fights,looked fukin raw

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Didnt see it.

Sounds interesting though.

Im a huge fan of the Hooligan mentality.

4. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

5. sneak

sneak Guest

potent film, its fucking messy.
    i saw it again last night, and the cricket bat scnene -
    fucking hell!!

6. few re tags in the background to.. personally I don’t rate this movie, maybe if you got rid of the stuff with the to pensioners it would help, don’t get me wrong I think they didn’t a reasonable job emulating terrace culture, the cloths, the types of characters involved, I even know one relatively notorious ‘top boy’ who works at a flower market, but the plot was pretty weak, the cinematography etc was nothing to write home aboyt and the whole thing just reaked of some one trying to cash in on a subculture (beat street?). I get the feeling the people who made it just wanted to create something that pays homage to that scene, they weren’t to bothered about showing the realities rather showing the romanticised version, I know a lot of people that really look up to that culture and love this film…im waffling…cut you first you mug!!!

7. El Producto

El Producto Senior Member

i didnt think it was glamorising hooligans or anything like that..i thought it was fairly realistic..also, the making of the film on the dvd extras is a good watch

8. sneak

sneak Guest

a friend of mine is good mates with the young mixed race kid drug dealer type...the one who shoots he brere in the end of the film.

apparntly, there were a few actors on set who had real experience of being football hooligans (ie. it wasnt acting, get me) while others had fuck all knowledge of football and hooligans....

9. crave

crave Veteran Member

A couple years back I caught some special on A&E (I think) about the hooligan scene. I thought it was pretty interesting.

So this flick doesn't have any sort of documentary value to it? Either way I'd like to catch it.

10. I found it entertaining and it caught alot of the great atmospheres in supporting culture well. But its also just a film. Sorta like Trainspotting, but about hooligans instead of drugs.

11. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 Member

millwall bricks :mean:

12. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Oh shit! This is only my favourite book of all time! How can I find out if there are any screening over here?

The book is part of a trilogy......Football Factory, England Away, and Headhunters. All revolve around the same group of hooligans, and all are absolutely phenomenal reads......

13. Step8

Step8 Senior Member

Trust me, the book is much better then the film, but that's generally the case with most books turned into movies. I loved all three books in the trilogy as well, although his other book 'Human Punk' was pretty shitty.

I haven't heard anything about the film being screened over here yet. You can download a workprint version of the film off of www.suprnova.org though (thats how i saw it).