The Football Factory

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_sofarok

few re tags in the background to.. personally I don’t rate this movie, maybe if you got rid of the stuff with the to pensioners it would help, don’t get me wrong I think they didn’t a reasonable job emulating terrace culture, the cloths, the types of characters involved, I even know one relatively notorious ‘top boy’ who works at a flower market, but the plot was pretty weak, the cinematography etc was nothing to write home aboyt and the whole thing just reaked of some one trying to cash in on a subculture (beat street?). I get the feeling the people who made it just wanted to create something that pays homage to that scene, they weren’t to bothered about showing the realities rather showing the romanticised version, I know a lot of people that really look up to that culture and love this film…im waffling…cut you first you mug!!!

Originally posted by sofarok@Oct 11 2004, 08:30 PM

few re tags in the background to.. personally I don’t rate this movie, maybe if you got rid of the stuff with the to pensioners it would help, don’t get me wrong I think they didn’t a reasonable job emulating terrace culture, the cloths, the types of characters involved, I even know one relatively notorious ‘top boy’ who works at a flower market, but the plot was pretty weak, the cinematography etc was nothing to write home aboyt and the whole thing just reaked of some one trying to cash in on a subculture (beat street?). I get the feeling the people who made it just wanted to create something that pays homage to that scene, they weren’t to bothered about showing the realities rather showing the romanticised version, I know a lot of people that really look up to that culture and love this film…im waffling…cut you first you mug!!!

i didnt think it was glamorising hooligans or anything like that..i thought it was fairly realistic..also, the making of the film on the dvd extras is a good watch

a friend of mine is good mates with the young mixed race kid drug dealer type...the one who shoots he brere in the end of the film.

apparntly, there were a few actors on set who had real experience of being football hooligans (ie. it wasnt acting, get me) while others had fuck all knowledge of football and hooligans....

Guest imported_Europe

I found it entertaining and it caught alot of the great atmospheres in supporting culture well. But its also just a film. Sorta like Trainspotting, but about hooligans instead of drugs.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Oct 12 2004, 12:39 AM

Oh shit! This is only my favourite book of all time! How can I find out if there are any screening over here?

The book is part of a trilogy......Football Factory, England Away, and Headhunters. All revolve around the same group of hooligans, and all are absolutely phenomenal reads......

Trust me, the book is much better then the film, but that's generally the case with most books turned into movies. I loved all three books in the trilogy as well, although his other book 'Human Punk' was pretty shitty.

I haven't heard anything about the film being screened over here yet. You can download a workprint version of the film off of http://www.suprnova.org though (thats how i saw it).

Originally posted by Step8@Oct 11 2004, 11:13 PM

Trust me, the book is much better then the film, but that's generally the case with most books turned into movies. I loved all three books in the trilogy as well, although his other book 'Human Punk' was pretty shitty.

I thought Human Punk was pretty good. Probably could have done without the whole part about him being in Hong Kong, though.

He has another book called White Trash, it's OK, probably his weakest one in my opinion. But still worth checking out if you are a fan.....

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by b0b+Dec 9 2005, 01:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (b0b - Dec 9 2005, 01:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dowmagik@Dec 8 2005, 03:21 PM

ITS SOCCER YOU FUCKING TERRORISTS

No it's football you fucking idiot

[/b]

thought you hated footy b0b?

and yep, its not soccer!!! gawd damnnit

Originally posted by MrJackDaniels+Dec 9 2005, 11:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrJackDaniels - Dec 9 2005, 11:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by b0b@Dec 9 2005, 01:26 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-dowmagik@Dec 8 2005, 03:21 PM

ITS SOCCER YOU FUCKING TERRORISTS

No it's football you fucking idiot

thought you hated footy b0b?

and yep, its not soccer!!! gawd damnnit

[/b]

well reallly it is football, but us aussies call AFL our football, soccer isnt an australian sport.

bout this movie, is it a pom movie too, it looks it? any one know?