the flow

mr.VIRS

yo ppl wasup i know i most of you will give me beef for this thread but wtf maybe ill get help

for every sketch i do i get this comment " the letters dont flow" i dont get it wut is that flow you all talk about ??? it's been driving me nuts so please if somone wunts to help and explain it i would appricate it i added my sticker for you to explain on it if at all

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/virstovirsone.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

flow is when the letters go nicely togoether and "flow". It's somethin that doesn't flow is a straight letter, wavy letter, a crazy wildstyle letter, and then one handstyle letter. They are all differnt and all just don't fit well together and don't "flow". Flow is when like each letter has the same style to it and they all work well with each other makin the piece look good.

That make sense? I can't explain it much better... and I also can't see your pic, but whatever... I don't care and I'm very tired, i just woke up.

yo man, you cut off your fuckin pinky? You act like it's nothin too... wtf? How does closin a door actually cut the fucker off? You mean you just like cruised it bad or somethin shit? Or do you straight have your finger in one hand and a stub on the other? Cuz for real, you should be goin to the hospital and gettin that shit sewed back on if it was actually cut off lol. you wouldn't be on 12oz askin about flow let alone even gettina sketch by the end of this week or even month... lol

no i dont have a pinky on my right hand any more

i cant post a flick of it cuz fatcap is down the door was slamed on it and my finger was beteen the door to the bars that hold it and it just got cut off they tried to sew it back but the tissues died ny the dime we got to the hopital the finger was dead and now its unrepairable its not a joke you dont laugh about shit like that and it happean last night so the just sewed the hole gave me a pain killers and sent me home i was out till 5 pm today

damn virs... see i didnt knwo fi you were serious or not, but shti that sucks. Cept I don't get why you'd come to 12oz after gettin it cut off. Who cares about fuckin flow when your missin ya damn pinky. Well yea, fele better or whatever man... and at least it wasn't your thumb, pointer or middle. Those fingers are way mroe important.

sorry about your finger

you dont need the pinky to draw though. Mine just hangs out in space, like drinking tea or wine ya know:lol:

flow is when each letter "flows" into the next one and each relies on the other. So if you remove one letter from the set it feels incomplete as a whole. Your letters, however, seem to feel like they are independent and done individually. It's good that they stand alone, but they need to work together as a system, as a single form, rather than 4 seperate forms.

Originally posted by belton_uk

someone cant tell u how to get flow, flow will just happen wen u are at home wiv your letters, plus dont post ever skecth uve done sketch for like 3 months then come bak wiv wat shud be gettin there and quite decent

this is stupid, post every sketch in order, so you can get tips, who cares if it makes poeple mad, just post everyone you do in when you do them, that way you get pointers, plus, the letters flow in that sketch