THE FISHING THREAD

TROUTFISHING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK 2 VEIWS AND NO REPLIES?I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS GONNA BE HOT!!!!!!WELL ANYWAY I GUES ILL START IT OFF.I MAINLY FISH THE TRIBUTARIES OF THE GREAT LAKES FOR RUNNING SALMON AND STEAL HEAD,IM INTO LIGHT ACTION FLY AND SPINNING RODS,RIGHT NOW IM RUNNING A 11'6 G LOOMIS NOODLE ROD WITH A SHIMANO STELLA 2000 REEL WITH 6LB TEST FOR FLOAT FISHING AND FOR LURE CASTING I USE A ST CROIX 9'6 MEDUIM ACTION WITH A SHIMANNO STELLA 4000 AND 8LB TEST.......LIKE I SAID I MOSTLY FISH FOR STEAL HEAD AND SALMON BUT SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF MY FISHING CAREAR INCLUDE LANDING A 9 FOOT GREY STURGON IN OREGON ON THE COLUMBIA RIVER AND 36 INCH STEALHEAD OUTA TRAIL CREEK IN MICHIGAN CITY INDIANA,I WILL POST SOME FLICKS LATER

i saw this hefty big mouth bass in my imagination . but no one else could see it not even a pitiful red x . but oh well I guess the whole forum will have to go without a fishing thread

and oh yeah . post flicks "HERE" to get replies ^

You have entered 1,419 Bills worth $8,816.

Bills with hits: 69

Total hits: 78

Hit rate: 4.86%.

George Score: 706.

Your rank (based on George Score) is #2479

(out of 13,003 current users with a George Score.)

money tracker

Guest imported_El Mamerro

http://www.barrymeyer.com/images/tarpon.JPG'>

http://www.fishfla.com/Leon-Tarpon-Jump.jpg'>

I'm all about the tarpon fishery on 12-lb line. But I'm actually a lot more into the heavy beer ingestion that goes on during this affair, and which usually renders me incapable of catching anything rather quick. beer,

El Mamerro

Freshwater:

Largemouthbass,rainbow/brown/brook trout, bluegill,sunfish, channel catfish.

Mostly on lures. Except the cats - cut bait.

Saltwater:

Mackeral, bonita, whitefish, rock cod, sheepshead(ten pounder my frist time out), barracuda, sand/bay/johnny/blue/calico bass, yellowtail (reached my limit) Sculpin (Bagged about 20 off a public pier once) thornback ray (tossed 'em back) surf/blue perch, treefish, White Croaker (Thrown back because of nasty disease that follows them) Smelt. Lizard fish..

I like to fish Bonefish with a fly, but I'm not much of a fly fisherman yet... I can catch them with cut bait sometimes, still I know where and when they run... I think someday I might guide but it can be a tough business...

where I go alot they fish snook w/ shrimp or cut bait and a lure, a really tough fighter, it's pretty fun...

I can catch fresh fish all day, won't come out on the lunks but I can work structure and get a nice dinner in not too long...

I never fished up north lakes for things like Pike and I wonder... I expect my 1st Montana Trout expidition isn't too far off, maybe a couple yeas before I can learn to fully fly cast and afford to outfit myself...

Tarpon is much fun and truly the fish of fish, I've never caught record breakers but I've fought and caught a few decent ones... nothing huge, 35-40 lbs... and Dolphin is a GREAT catch, I've had a 27 pounder and a 31 pounder... nothing huge... still... good eats

hese days my best friend does more fishing than me, he's a spearfisherman so it's alot of Grouper and Snapper

• 2 years later...

Fuck yes, it's about time. Fishing is the best shit ever.

Around my neck of the woods (somewhat north-western canada), the word is Northern Pike (or jack) and walleye.

Repro-7a-Pike.jpg

Pike are great because they'll take anything you throw infront of their face. A sure fire setup is a simple "red-devil" or "5 'o diamonds" spoon, but plastic jigs/grubs work perfectly well too. Shit, they'll hit anything, really.

grant%20and%20walleye.jpg

Walleye are pretty much the same story as the pike... they're not too picky, and can get fucking HUGE in the northern waters

The Bow River is only a few hours south of me, and the fly-fishing is top-motherfucking-notch. If you like chucking flies for trout, then you're due for a trip to the bow in the near future.

picsbg_02.jpg

F1010028.jpg

some of the biggest browns i've ever seen come out of that river..

grayling.jpg

fly-fishing for grayling is great also, but gets unreal the further north you go..

I'm pretty new to fly-fishing, so i've just started to tie my own flies too; fuck paying for that shit. It's a good time killer in the winter when it's too cold to paint, but i feel like such an old man when i do it.

adams.gif

If you're not into fly-fishing but like to fish for trout anyways, a great setup i've found is to suspend a bead-head nymph (small, size 14-22ish; pheasant tail nymphs work well) under a tiny micro bobber. Just toss that shit out to wherever the rises are, and you'll be reeling 'em in in no time. It works well especially when the trout are really skittish and the fly-line spooks em.

flybhpt.jpg

fuck yes, this has gotten me all excited to go fishing. I'd be down at the river fishing right now if i didn't have fucking finals to cram for.

edit: none of those pictures are mine, i don't usually care enough to take a picture of the fish unless it's a monster..

Archived