The fate of graff?

villain

I was just checking out this book called "Free Agents: A history of washington DC graffiti" and I must say I was shocked and appalled by the number of artists that got busted. Why every profile I read on an writer had stories about being busted. This seriously bodes badness.

Then the other day I was strolling around artcrimes and I noticed that every site I went to of about 15 or so was down or hadn't been updated in at least 4 years. What the hell is going on here? I am seriously worried.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hmmm, well, i guess every scene has it's ups and downs with the times.

Just look at skateboarding....it gets big every few years and then dies down for another 3-4.

I wouldn't worry too much about graffiti going anywhere anytime soon.

about the website thing, it may just be that the people running the sites lost interest..

a couple years ago i ran a site for my area, and lost interest in the upkeep nessesary in favor of painting, so dont be discoraged by the fact that you cant see whats goin on through the net', because i'll bet that whatever area you wanted to look at is still being painted, so if you want, travel a bit :)

that and maybe the sites brought unwanted attention and were closed or abandoned for personal security reasons...

oh yah, about the getting busted, it happens to the best of us. comes with the territory you might say

graffiti does nothing positive for your personal life, it drains you physically and mentaly yet gives you nothing back. except a bunch of court cases, a police record, ruined clothes, beef with fools, hatred from your fellow "peers" and chances are, lack of women around you.

other then that you got a bunch of pix of stuff you wrote on.

Thanks for the input yall. I see this is a trend that is as widespread as I feared. Hopefully shit will cool off soon. I'm sure heads are out there keeping it real. I know I fell off but I never lost love for the game.

I don't know I just feel all apocalyptic about everything. I happen to see hip hop as being a synthesis of all things as the highest evolution of art and graffiti as the ultimate social propaganda. A lotta things have been changing very fast but we haven't had any significant new subcultures in about 30 years which is kinda odd considering the evolution of music here in the last 100 years or so. Let's see if we can pull ourselves out of this shit.

Originally posted by villain

I was just checking out this book called "Free Agents: A history of washington DC graffiti" and I must say I was shocked and appalled by the number of artists that got busted. Why every profile I read on an writer had stories about being busted. This seriously bodes badness.

Then the other day I was strolling around artcrimes and I noticed that every site I went to of about 15 or so was down or hadn't been updated in at least 4 years. What the hell is going on here? I am seriously worried.

just because websites are down doesnt mean the scene is dead there...websites shouldnt be as big a part of graffiti as they are today...all the info and photos you see on sites can be found in the streets if you just go for a nice walk...

so then how will graff be effected by the recent terrorist attack on the commuter trains in spain. the world has become paranoid to the poiont of war mongering due to terrorists and the white house is leading the charge. i am sure that there will be some kind of homeland security proposals for safe guarding the rails in the near future. what will this mean for the already choking craft of railway graff? will terroism cripple an entire culture that is already seemingly on the brink?

Originally posted by DirtySanchez

graffiti does nothing positive for your personal life, it drains you physically and mentaly yet gives you nothing back. except a bunch of court cases, a police record, ruined clothes, beef with fools, hatred from your fellow "peers" and chances are, lack of women around you.

other then that you got a bunch of pix of stuff you wrote on.

AMEN to that

devils work

the stupid thing is that the terrorism has given the governments the exuse they were waiting for...

I mean in london the terroroists would have to be dum to try and hit the underground.

The government know that with all these undercover police all over the underground the terrorists will probably hit something else like a supermarket or bus.

but they wanted to tighten their grip on peoples movements sooner or later and this is their chance.

Its all bollocks, if they wanted to protect peoples lives in england they would have not backed bush full stop. If they went to war to save iraquis then why didnt they kill saddam years ago and save millions more iraqis.

However the terrorists and the leaders of the western world represent the different heads of the SAME evil serpent.they are all anti-human.

one would have us work ourselves into mindless robots and the other would take away our freedom of expression and free thought and choice.

This is the war against humanity's freedoms and we are being attacked from both sides, terrorists making it easy 4 the system to lock us down and the government making us targets for terrorism and mass slaughter

Unfortunatly mass protest has to become HUGE in britain and america to change anything and that wont happen until people are really desperate.

look at Poland they had a revolution about 6 months ago,no one died nothing got burnt...Because the numbers of people were overwhelming for the authorities...That is the only real weapon we have.

What I am saying is of cource nothing new, but I needed to say it.

Fuk this slavery (work)for us, and for them poverty and hunger.

Im waiting for the Martians to take me to live on the moon

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived