Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Exorcist: The beginning

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by High Priest, Aug 23, 2004.

1. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

http://images.killermovies.com/e/exorcistthebeginning/poster.jpg'>

Sorry if there was already a thread on this, but Holy shit did this movie suck. The first 30-45 min of it were pretty solid, but damn when the devil humps the priest's crotch and mentions anal sex it kind of kills any chance of taking the already mangled film seriously...

*sorry for producing another shit thread.

2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

So......you saw the title of this film, and the previews, yet you still needed to pay and sit through it to know this movie would suck?

Why don't you see Anacondas 2 while you're at it?

3. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

i had free tickets to this shit but it looked stupid

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

funny you should mention that, i was at the movies last night and they played the preview for that movie. everyone around me was all like "whoa, sick" while it was playing (of all the luck i get a cinema full of dickheads). when the preview finished and all was quiet, i turned to my friend and said in a loud voice "that movie looks fucking shit". i love to fuck with idiots

5. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

6. colour

colour Member

movies that "looks fucking shit" are the best ones. just sit and watch shit happen, no plot necessary, just have cool shit happen.

7. El Producto

El Producto Senior Member

http://stockimg.free.fr/wallpaperlinks/divx/cinema/jasonx.jpg'>

my freind lent me jason x on dvd recently..he was like "this is one of my favourite moves ever..its fucking wicked"..i watched it and i seriously think its one of the worst films ever...definately the worst ive ever seen...and that new film "hellboy" looks fucking weak aswell

8. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

It can't be worse than AvP! 2 fight sequences yeah real battle there!

9. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Boy do i feel you on that. When they played the preview for White Chicks the whole theater was guffawing and laughing at that stupid shit. I turned to my gf and said pretty loudly "Fuck that shit. What a stupid movie."

Ah, it sucks being a connisuer of good film because when everyone around you is cheering on an obviously horrible flick it makes you realize how many shallow/retarded people go to the movies.

10. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Try working at an art house for 3+ years and then seeing shit like that in a theater full of idiots for 10 dollars.

I still can't get over commercials being shown in the theater. As if we don't have enough car commercials already. Total bullshit.

Here is the imdb.org list of the movies the director of Exorcist 4, Renny Harlin, did:

# Northmen, The (2006) (announced)
    # Land of Legend (2005) (announced)

# Exorcist: The Beginning (2004)
    # Mindhunters (2004)
    # Driven (2001)
    ... aka À toute vitesse (2001) (Canada: French title)
    # T.R.A.X. (2000) (TV)

# Deep Blue Sea (1999)
    # Long Kiss Goodnight, The (1996)
    # Cutthroat Island (1995)
    ... aka Île aux pirates, L' (1996) (France)
    ... aka Corsari (1995) (Italy)
    ... aka Piratenbraut, Die (1996) (Germany)
    # "Gladiaattorit" (1993) TV Series
    # Cliffhanger (1993)
    ... aka Cliffhanger - l'ultima sfida (1993) (Italy)
    ... aka Cliffhanger, traque au sommet (1993) (France)
    # Adventures of Ford Fairlane, The (1990)
    # Die Hard 2 (1990)
    ... aka Die Hard 2: Die Harder (1990) (USA: video box title)

# Prison (1988)
    # Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master, A (1988)
    # Born American (1986)
    ... aka Arctic Heat (1986)
    ... aka Jäätävä polte (1986) (Finland: alternative title)
    # Huostaanotto (1980) (as Lauri Harjola)

Not a good one in the bunch. Cutthroat Island is supposed to be one of the worst movies ever and lost a ridiculous amount of money. I can't believe that they even let this guy work again, let alone direct a pretty well respected series like the Excorcist. The second one was suppsoed to suck, too, but at least they got an Oscar nominated director on that. This guy can't make a decent film to save his soul.
    Paul Schrader was the original director and I believe writer who was canned after the studio execs saw an incomplete cut of the film and thought it was too cerebral and not scary enough". At least he has some solid films on his resume, and I'd take cerebral over Hollywood schlockfests any day of the week.

Not that the Exorcist really needed a sequal anyways, although part three was pretty decent. Movies like ETB are made for all the idiots of the world who have no sense of taste or history. These are the people who think that Ronald Reagan should be on the dime.

11. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta Veteran Member

good quote.

I saw Jason X on cable and god damn was it shit, you know when they fuck up a franchise fully and have ran out ideas when they send shit out to space I mean WHAT THE FUCK IS JASON DOING IN OUTER SPACE?!?!?!?

Although when Jason sees those 2 topless girls in the sleeping bags and there talking about wanting to have premarital sex or whatever and he bashes the fuck outta had me in stitches.

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

There's a rumor going around that Freddy Vs Jason 2 will also include Ash. There goes any hopes I had for good movies coming out. Freddy Vs. Jason was just so god awful.

Back on topic, The Excorcist: Beginning looks like crap too. Why can't people stop going back to old films and remaking or doing a prequel to them. Please for the love of all that is sacred, make a movie that has good content and not shit full of mindless actors and big explosions.

14. Milton

Milton Senior Member

Modern film is dying my friends. Movies like Anaconda are slowly ripping its beating heart from the body. It's sad but true. There is no quality, no story development, no artistic cinematography. Instead there are a thousand cheap thrills an hour designed to keep the "I can't concentrate on actual character development, or anything else for that matter, for more than 15 seconds at a time" crowd happy. I hate you all you fucks...

It used to be that the movie would make you jump out of your seat once an hour when you weren't expecting it. Now it's so obvious that it ceases to be terrifying and instead becomes a satire of itself at how rediculously predictable it has become. I saw Exorcist last night, my impression was that it was pretty scary, but now that I think of it, it was really a bunch of cheap gimmicks and recycled themes from the first, with less substance. The plot had more gaps in it than the busiest of brothels. I hate you all...

Good day...

15. Lately, nothing has been more annoying to me than self-proclaimed "film connoiseurs" (no offense Lens) who think they have all figured out in terms of what makes good cinema and bad, and think everyone else who doesn't share their patience and tolerance for "brainy" cinema must be a moron.

There is plenty of good cinema being made, for all kinds of audiences. Watch the stuff that interests you and you should have no problem enjoying film.