The Evolution of Writing

Guest j

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

There was graffiti in ancient greece before that, people would tag their name on marble.

...that site has my ancient greek knowledge confused, its either me or them that are full of shit...

more later

Guest imported_El Mamerro

How come they skipped cuneiform and all the really ancient writing forms?

Other than that, there's some blingin' ass calligraphy there. Good find.

Originally posted by MineWonr

My Latin teacher was tellin me the other day that the Latins were the first to start Graffiti.. He said people wouldnt have like names and shit but they would go along a scribe shit into tablets and painted posters.. the first roots of Vandalism..

No one started graffiti/vandilism. This started as soon as monkeys turned to men and we realized we can inscribe names/messages/whatever on our surroundings and have others see, and be influenced by.

Have you ever seen the inside of a caveman's cave? Do you think they were Latin?

Originally posted by Tesseract

There was graffiti in ancient greece before that, people would tag their name on marble.

...that site has my ancient greek knowledge confused, its either me or them that are full of shit...

more later

I read this article in National Geographic about the first ‘writer’ a few years ago. It was interesting. I’m not sure, but it might have had to do with the Greeks. Something to do with a recent discovery of engravings done by someone (quite possibly a soldier) in a trench in the ancient times. Not to take anything away from any culture, but I think it may have been about a Greek.

Either way, you done know graffiti is as old as spitting and self-pollution.