The epic tale of the Colton Harris-Moore

Soup

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/colton-harris-moore-barefoot-burglar-10222379

Not too long ago, Colton Harris-Moore hopped islands on twin prop airplanes, leaving boxes from stolen pizzas and thoughtful donations to veterinary hospitals in his wake. Then some jerks snitched on Harris-Moore and police finally caught him in the Bahamas. Now, Colton is a real-live American legend. Like Jesse James before him, Colton joins the lineage of compassionate outlaws who break stupid rules on principle. As the Times put it, “Mr. Harris-Moore seemed untraceable and unknowable, part high-tech Huck Finn, part cunning criminal.”

Sure, he stole some food and ruined a few planes along the way, but it’s clear Colton meant no harm to anybody: When the police finally cornered him at the end of a speedboat race through the Bahamas, the cops shot at Colton, but he never fired back. The details of his escapades paint the portrait of an intelligent kid with a complex personality and a firm, if unconventional moral code.

With Colton in custody and his adventure winding down, the media engines are revving up to dismantle and examine every angle on this 19 year-olds life. Interviews with his mom show that she may be a negligent boozer who drove her son away, inspiring in him fantasies of adventure and escape. Does it really matter, though? A person’s character amount from more than just their upbringing, however rotten. Please ignore whatever the armchair Freuds concoct to explain away his inspired, imaginative outlawry. Again, from NYT:

““He wasn’t really trying to get away,” said Kyle Ater, who found bare footprints drawn in chalk on the floor of his natural food store on nearby Orcas Island on the morning after the police say Mr. Harris-Moore burglarized it, destroyed the alarm system, and ate an entire blueberry cheesecake from the cooler.”

Read the Times article. If you need a login for their site, try one of these so you can go untracked as well.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That comment was more regarding the responses every thread gets nowadays. Theo Huxtable clone post, Theohuxtable clone post, Fail post, Free Post, Theohuxtable clone post, disregard/acquire post, epic something, ________.jpg post, blah blah blah.

they really need to just let that big little white nigga live.

Problem he has is he made too many police look stupid and if theres

anything the police hate more than anything its when they are made

to look as stupid as they actually are. Fact that people are intimidated

by their authority allows them to be idiots with a cloak of anonymity.

Nobody who knows any better pays them any attention so they are

free to just be fools. This Colton Harris kid came along and all the sudden

he was making the police look bad. The fact that someone was

doing it publicly made it all the better. I mean... Its a bad idea to make the

police look bad because they can and will make your life miserable... then

this kid came along.

If i was rich i would contribute to his defense fund. I hate the police and i love

when someone makes them look bad