The Embarrassing Friend

Weapon X

For real, this is getting ridiculous. I really don’t think it’s me.

I have a friend who I kick it with from time to time. This dude is in his late 20’s and is still wearing diapers, one could say. I’m not going to get into that, though.

He is a nice guy, and pretty smart, too. The problem? Well, for starters, he has bug eyes, a unibrow, and is very overweight. He has terrible social skills. He is slow (yeah, he reads and stuff, but he catches onto things very retardedly), is a loudmouth, and has the nerdiest laugh imaginable. Dude is very boisterous, in a very bad way.

He eats with his mouth wide open, and no matter how many times you tell him to keep his mouth closed, he won’t do it. He yells everything, because he doesn’t know how to keep it down. Countless times I’ve had my girl and guy friends who are absolutely not superficial laugh at him and tell me that I should ditch the dweeb.

Buddy also says “yeah, yeah, yeah, trussme, trussme, trussme, trussme, trussme, true, true, yeah, yeah, true” while someone else is trying to talk. That is actually what he’s famous for. People lose their train of thought because of this, and many have told me that they have given up on attempts to talk when he’s around. He’s also famous for asking the same exact questions every time he sees someone.

Now, I never really care of who I’m seen with. I’ll smoke weed with a homeless, scraggly, crackhead in front of the mall. I really don’t give a fuck. But this guy is extreme. Too many times on the subway, I’ve had that extreme rush of annoyance/embarrassment because of his nerdlinger ways. His stupid “huh huh huhhhhhu huhuhuhhh!” loud laugh, among other things.

It seems like I should fight him and get it over with, I know, but I can’t. This has a lot to do with him being in diapers and such.

I’m not asking for help, really. I just wanted to get this off my chest. I’ve tried whatever I can. Buddy’s little brother (who got all the good genes, it seems) constantly calls him loser boy, and tells him to stop his annoying habits, but it just doesn’t happen. No one else has the guts to say something, because he’s a good hearted person.

I am one of his only friends. The others use him, I’m sure. I actually chill with him, but once it gets to be over an hour, and it’s just me and him, I go clinically insane. The last time I chilled out with him where it was just me and him, I can’t even remember. I just can’t do it. I feel bad, though, because he is the way he is, and he can’t seem to change.

If anyone knows that embarrassing person, please share.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my roomate.

she has a tendency to only talk about herself.

She will give her entire life story to anyone who will listen.

Most people are too nice to tell her to shut up, but not me.

For example, we were all at a bar with a girl who was getting married the next weekend.

My roomate cornered her and started yapping.

an hour goes by and do you think the wedding even came up? NO!

most people talk about random funny junk, mostly bullshit, some deep, some deep bullshit.

If your only topic of conversation is yourself, then please try reading the newspaper.

ive had friends like that, where ill be on of their only friends and whatnot and we'll be hanging out and he'll just get overly annoying at some point, and other people have told me this shit too, ive stopped hanging out with him for one reason or another:mean:

Guest BROWNer

i know the type and i'm annoyed just thinking about the guy.

think of it this way, the dude bugs the shit out of you.

the longer it goes on the more likely you're gonna stop hangin' with dude, no?

on the other hand, you could straight up tell him the problem

and provide examples and maybe he'll smarten up and keep being

a good friend...or.........it's over, in which case, you're just solidifying

the inevitability of the first scenario.

one of my friends brother used to want to tag along with us to the mall and pretty much everywhere we went for a while. I used to hate going anywhere with him cuz he would wear bright colored sweatpants and the same austin 3:16 shirt everyday. now im not talking like designer sweatpants. im talking hanes shit in a bright orange or purple. and some funky ass reeboks....bad funky. he was also 16. its about 5 years later and i havent seen the kid in a while but hopefully he changed that shit around. i dont know where else to go with this but yea.

i shouldnt be talking though, when i was in junior high i used to wear those god awful jnco jeans with the huuuuuuuuuge fucking leg openings. oh god i hate myself for that.

Understood, browner. Thing is, I remember one time when these two guys were going to him, “yeah, yeah, true, true, pure, pure, pure, trussme, true, yeah, yeah.” And buddy didn’t catch on. Furthermore, the little brother makes sure to tell him exactly what’s wrong. I can imagine that the parents have said things, too. This dude is fucked. I really feel sorry for him, but when there’s a hot girl checking me out on the subway, and buddy here is saying THE most embarrassing shit, with the ol’ “huuhuuhhhuhuhuhhhhuh” laugh out loud, I wanna ice pick his cortex. I pretty much have stopped hanging out with him one on one. It’s just too unbearable. I don’t mind the unibrow, neck hairs, bug eyes, obesity so much. It’s his traits, you know?

Haha, murdersluts!

I have a friend who’s been complaing about something like what you’re talking about. We have a mutual friend who brings his little brother out. The kid wears sweat suits from Zellers, and is mad overweight. He acts terribly immature at the bar, and they’ve been kicked out because of it. He doesn’t drink, he just plays video games. He is 19, but he looks like he is an uncool 13 year old kid. I’m glad I don’t usually go out with them.

^ now that's harsh!

I just remembered, this guy is also the guy who will say something like “Yo, Punisher the movie sucked! Trussme trussme..” Then I’ll say, “Nah, I thought it was pretty good”, and he’ll reply “yeah, yeah, trust me, Punisher was pretty good!”

Why AM I friends with him? Hmmmmm…

I have a "friend" who isn't so much embarassing as he is a complete fag loser who I hate. Allow me to vent, because I can go on about this kid for hours.

OK, I met this kid in junior high, so that was what like 8 years ago? We smoked weed together a few times and became pretty good friends. He was cool back then, so I didn't see the problem. He was always a little selfish, he'd whine about shit but you could always make him go through with it, but he was still a good friend.

Anyway fast forward a few years to say, Grade 11 probably. By this time the guys annoying tendencies had gotten too much on my nerves and he had gone from a good friend to an acquantance. At this point he had clung himself on to my friend Matt. Now really, this kid was pretty much Matt's bitch for the rest of highschool, and it was great. We all enjoyed it. It was very funny. Good times had by all.

So highschool finishes, Matt moves to BC, so this kid, being the parasite that he is, latches himself on to my good friend Ryan. It's been that way ever since, the only problem is somewhere along the line, this guy gre some balls.

This guy is the most annoying, conceited, arrogant, selfish, condescending loser in the world. He has this completely skewed perception of his life. He thinks he is the coolest, most popular guy in the world, and is completely oblivious to the fact that EVRYBODY hates him. He has no actual friends. He thinks he is best friends with Ryan, even though Ryan hates him and is just too nice to tell him to fuck off. Hell, he thinks I'm one of his best friends, even though I seriosuly can't even stand to look at him, and only see him maybe once every couple months, and that is purely by accident because he happens to be at a party or something where I am. He always finds a way to slip in some snide comment about how much better he thinks he is than you, or you being fat or dumb or gay or whatever. This guy has this ugly girlfriend who he constantly brags about, and always slips in comments about how he fucked her, or how good the sex is, even though I know for a fact that they have never even slept together. He is a complete bitch to her, and when she moves away for school he'll probably kill himself. He told us how he cried when she said they should go on a break, like he was proud of it. What a fag.

This guy thinks he's smart but he is really an idiot. All he can do is recite shit that he's learned from textbooks. Get in a conversation with him about something else he is completely clueless. He's been in college now for 4 years, taking 2 classes a semester, has yet to pick a major and still complains about how much harder his shit is than yours. He is the kind of person that likes whatever you like, just so he can fit in. He will hear you casually mention a band you like, then go out and get their CD and pretend like he's been a fan of there's ever since. I remember on day he heard me and a friend talking about a bunch of bands. A couple days later we were over at his house, and lo and behold all the bands CD's that we mentioned were conveniently stacked on his coffee table. He manages to somehow go to shows that we go too, even though he is completely clueless about them.

I mean, I wouldn't have a problem with him if he was a nice guy. But he literally has no redeeming qualities that make you want to hang out with him. That's why he literally has no friends, yet for some reason, thinks that he does. He's a pathetic loser who will amount to nothing, and I will seriously be glad when I never have to see his ugly face again.

Sheesh.....this is some Degrassi Junior high type gayness. I apologize......8 years of pent up frustration just came out. There's so much more I could go on about him, but I'll spare you all.

Sorry.

Release the frustration! That’s what I’m doing in this thread.

Haha, I know a guy that is very much like him! Pathological liar, ignorant like crazy, never shuts up, never lets someone speak, gets incredibly obsessed with ANY person anywhere remotely near his life, and a ton of other things. He jumps from one ‘social circle’ to another every 5 years or so. No one likes him, though, and deep down inside, we know he knows. Haha, funny as hell!

Originally posted by Weapon X

Release the frustration! That’s what I’m doing in this thread.

Haha, I know a guy that is very much like him! Pathological liar, ignorant like crazy, never shuts up, never lets someone speak, gets incredibly obsessed with ANY person anywhere remotely near his life, and a ton of other things. He jumps from one ‘social circle’ to another every 5 years or so. No one likes him, though, and deep down inside, we know he knows. Haha, funny as hell!

Dude, you just hit that shit right on the head. That's exactly what this guy is like. I know deep down he knows too, I've seen him at his most vulnerable when it's obvious he's having some sort of epiphany. It makes my day when I see him reflect on how shitty his joke of a life is....

Damn that's pretty harsh.....

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i have a friend who cock blocks me non stop.

and i use to kick it with this cute indie girl who fell in love with me, but would throw fits of emo crying in public, so im in the process of burning that bridge.

I have the liar friend. His shit is so fucking rediculous that he says its just entertaining. For example i had him and this girl i had just met come over to my house one night just to chill. I broke out some greenie and smoked with them. She didnt know me so she started asking me questions. I am a fairly honest person and will tell people what they need to know so as not to scare them out of my house. Well after i answer her questions her and liar boy start talking. He starts telling her some story and I zone out in my own little world for a little while.

When I tune back in to reality here is where the conversation was going:

So i was in my uncles Lincoln navigator driving through the middle of the desert. We were ridin on 24's and they were gettin all scratched up but i was like fuck it cuz i can get new ones....

I zone back out.......3..2.....1...... and im back.

So then we are chillin with the indians and drinkin mad peyote and getting wasted im seein all kinds of crazy shit...

........3..2........1....... and im back again

<span style='color:black'>Now we're all trippin on peyote still right and i just ate 9 sheets of acid and 15 cops are chasin us. Its a high speed chase and the flashing lights are totally fuckin with me. I pulled some crazy driving manuvers though and we ditched like 11 of the cops then there were those orange and silver cones on the side of the road and they were totally fuckin with me. We couldnt lose the last couple cops but luckily my boy had his pistol with him.......

I dont remember how the story ended but this girl was eating this shit up. I was just like "Come on!! Are you serious?" The thing im starting to think is that he actually believes in what he is saying.

I had a friend of mine tell me that he told the liar a story about some shit that had happend and like a week later he over heard him telling some girl the same story only he had added himself in there.

Its very strange. He is now around for entertainment purposes only. I dont feel bad about that at all.</span>

Originally posted by Vanity

i have this friend that has a few problems with me, so instead of coming at me like a man...

In most cases, I am always vocal about my problems with friends. We’re always busting balls, and if we have issues with each other, they’re out in the open.

For this guy, though, it’s different. Me and several other people have told him, and his brother has told him to cut it out many times, but to no avail. I have watched other people make fun of him like crazy, like “yeah yeah yeah yeah pure pure pure true true pure pure” and he doesn’t get it. He just says “…uh yeah yeah true.” For someone who is in their 5th year in University, he is incredibly retarded. I’ve told him that, too. He’s lost a lot of friends over the years, and it’s no surprise that people tell me to not bring him around.

And he still doesn’t get it. But really, he's a nice guy.

Originally posted by Vanity

i have this friend that has a few problems with me, so instead of coming at me like a man, he goes and bitches to all his e-friends. :rolleyes:

quit being girls... girls.

shit this sounds just like my man...it's very upsetting and creates a lot of tension between you and his friends....