the effects of myspac

Prae1Boston

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It all really depends on how people use it.

There is certainly more bad than good when it comes to the mental quality of the people who use it.

If you remove that large portion (which is extremely large), there is a lot of good qualities to that site.

What are the things that bother people the most about it?

yo makros, those Out of This World pics are cool.

Myspace is only bothersome to me when I see oodles of humans (for lack of a better term) on there who live and die by what others think of them.

Some people use it as a communication/networking tool, much like AIM or MSN or whatever, whereas others use it in the hopes that people will see their friends list/blog/comments and think of them as cool.

Originally posted by Herbivore@Mar 8 2006, 03:05 PM

You know what else was a cool game? Flashback. Made by the same people as Out of This World.

The 1992 game Flashback, or the 1995 game Fade to Black (both also from Delphine), were often mistaken for sequels because of similar gameplay and graphics. However these games have nothing to do with Another World, except said similarity in graphics or gameplay, and had completely different stories.

Eric Chahi returned to the concept after leaving Delphine. In 1998 he and his new company Amazing Studio made Heart of Darkness, which is in many ways very similar in spirit to Another World, although it too has a different storyline.

Eric Chahi disappeared from the game industry for some years, but may have recently regained interest in making games. He attended the Game Developer's Conference in 2005 (see here), perhaps indicative of his renewed interest.

Today Chahi is working on a version of Another World with vector animation rendered at a higher resolution and more detailed background graphics. Despite criticizing the games industry for no longer supporting much creativity, he says he is "still very excited" to start working on an entirely new game.

-------------------------------

From wikipedia.

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666@Mar 8 2006, 02:39 PM

If you remove that large portion (which is extremely large), there is a lot of good qualities to that site.

Agreed. My friend's band has built a fanbase and gotten big shows booked almost solely on myspace all around the Chicago area. As for me, I moved to Detroit so I keep in touch with my old friends on myspace and talk to them between visits. If they're a close friend though I'm more likely to just talk to them on the phone.

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666+Mar 8 2006, 07:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kr430n5_666 - Mar 8 2006, 07:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

The advertisements, the perpetuation of whore-ism, the frighteningly large amount of underage kids taking slutty pictures of themselves, the related pedophilia aspect where you see older guys hitting on these girls and you get repulsed, the advertisements, the hoards of shitty bands, the good bands that put up a page and make me think less of them for it, the obscene ego inflation, the false idolism, the advertisements, the people who think that everyone cares about every miniscule and boring detail of their lives, and the advertisements.

<!--QuoteBegin-Herbivore@Mar 8 2006, 08:05 PM

You know what else was a cool game? Flashback. Made by the same people as Out of This World.

Flashback is one of the best 2-D scrollers ever made.

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666@Mar 8 2006, 11:39 AM

It all really depends on how people use it.

There is certainly more bad than good when it comes to the mental quality of the people who use it.

makros add me

Originally posted by LEE KUMENS EL SEGUNDO@Mar 8 2006, 10:54 PM

DAW MYSPACE IS THE BEST U FUCK MAD HOES FROM MYSPACE DAW...ITS MAD EASY TO RUN GAME TO BITCHES ON MYSPACE .....IF DEY FAT, UGLY SKINNY HAIRY GOT BIG TITTIES LIL TITTIES ...U DONT GOTTA TELL NO ONE BOUT IT U LET DEM HOES SLOBB U UP AND DATS IT MYSPACE RULES

call your mom, you need a ride home :(