Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

THE DRAFT IS COMING

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fiberoptical, May 26, 2004.

1. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

Please read and send to as many people as possible.This is a bad scenario.

The Selective Service will reappear in approx. 12 mos. and it will be very difficult to evade this draft...read on (Link & text follow):

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues...=ua_congressorg

Soapbox Alert from Congress.org
    Pending Draft Legislation Targeted for Spring 2005
    The Draft will Start in June 2005

There is pending legislation in the House and Senate (twin bills: S 89 and HR 163) which will time the program´s initiation so the draft can begin at early as Spring 2005 -- just after the 2004 presidential election. The administration is quietly trying to get these bills passed now, while the public´s attention is on the elections, so our action on this is needed immediately.

$28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS) budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005. Selective Service must report to Bush on March 31, 2005 that the system, which has lain dormant for decades, is ready for activation. Please see website: www.sss.gov/perfplan_fy2004.html to view the sss annual performance plan - fiscal year 2004.

The pentagon has quietly begun a public campaign to fill all 10,350 draft board positions and 11,070 appeals board slots nationwide.. Though this is an unpopular election year topic, military experts and influential members of congress are suggesting that if Rumsfeld´s prediction of a "long, hard slog" in Iraq and Afghanistan [and a permanent state of war on "terrorism"] proves accurate, the U.S. may have no choice but to draft.

Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, http://www.hslda.org/legislation/na...s89/default.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services.

Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era.

College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada´s minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

Even those voters who currently support US actions abroad may still object to this move, knowing their own children or grandchildren will not have a say about whether to fight. Not that it should make a difference, but this plan, among other things, eliminates higher education as a shelter and includes women in the draft.

The public has a right to air their opinions about such an important decision.

Please send this on to all the friends, parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and cousins that you know. Let your children know too -- it´s their future, and they can be a powerful voice for change!

Please also contact your representatives to ask them why they aren´t telling their constituents about these bills -- and contact newspapers and other media outlets to ask them why they´re not covering this important story!!!

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

ok, leave him alone guys...he didnt know.

3. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Whatever, if it goes down, I'll hop on over to Canada. But then again, what's the cut off age for the draft? I think i'm old enough not to even care much less worry. That just means they'll draft folks like Tease to go over there.

"Private Teaseola! Front and center!"

ola
    ola
    ola
    ola
    ola

4. 23578

23578 Elite Member

i believe there is a twist to this one fat bastard, but i admit that i didn't read the last two threads about this.

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

If the draft came after me, i'd avoid it.

I didn't want this war. I don't like the way it's being fought. i don't like the way I feel when I watch the news and wonder to myself if what i am viewing is the whole truth (of course not)

World War 2 was a conflict that was a genuine contest between tangible forces of good and evil. What we're fighting in the middle east is a muddled sand war with shady objectives and a rising body count.

I believe i will have something to contribute to society one day and I won't be able to do that if I go over there and get killed and for what? God? He's not listening. My country? I wouldn't be remembered nor would anyone care of my sacrifice.

WHat people care about is the gas in their cars, the t.v. in their living room, the fast food on their way to work. They give a cursory glance at the body count numbers on the cover of USA today and that's it. There is no longer the support and respect afforded to the members of the armed forces as there was fifty years ago.

War changes men and women forever. Lose a limb, your sight, become disfigured, lose your mind, lose your future.

"An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind" Ghandi

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

"i dont like this war either but seriously if i am gonna reap the benifits of living here, it is my duty to this country...even if bush is a douche."

bush is more than a douche, and if people really cared about the country they would stand up and change the political climate we create for the whole world, they wouldn't just blindly serve it's leaders under the false guise of freedom. our current government has done more to strip us of freedoms than any other time in history, i don't owe them shit and following their orders is just being an accomplice to the crime. create change, not enemies.

seeking/aint no viet cong ever called me nigger

7. TheTruthHrtz

TheTruthHrtz Junior Member

Still gotta pass the drug test so count me out...
    besides, I'm too old anyway.

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

yeah...what is the age cutoff on the draft? I'm positive I'm over it...but I'm wondering about the brother.

9. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

I think the ages are from 18-26

10. 8onus

8onus Banned

saying you dont owe this country shit is ridiculous, how fucking spoiled and ungratefull can you be?..i am assuming you went to public school, well then you owe your education you owe them for the water you drink etc the list goes on.

but living here, you dont get to choose when to serve or who to serve under. it dosn't matter either.

if you want to change shit, vote. it seems like such a small thing right? 1 fucking vote. but compared to the rest of the world it's fucking huge. and it makes all the difference. and its all we can do.

11. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

You fucking douchebag. My tax money PAYS for the school I went to, as my parents did before it. The water I drink is PAID for by me. Everything this country gives me I could get anywhere else with cash.

I'm assuming you're not old enough to work or pay taxes or bills yet?

Idiot.

12. 8onus

8onus Banned

if you really think taxes pay for every thing you are the ingnorant one you dumb shit, taxes pay for a fraction of the costs, it takes to run everything.
    and if not that you owe them your fucking freedom asshole.

i am assuming you're in your 20's like me (so yes i work and pay taxes ass hole)...jesus christ my generation can be the most selfish motherfuckers i know.

13. 8onus

8onus Banned

mother fucking word

we'll tag team thier asses

14. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

hahaha.... they say that Canada isn't an option?

Just say you're going to the Olympics in 2010
    and you want to get a head start on the training.

but hell..... after the Greeks bungle up this olympics...
    they might not be having them anymore.

(no offence ninja)

15. metallix

metallix Elite Member

SAVE TEH S0V1ET EMPIRE

WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN USSR NEED YOU?

[​IMG]