the downside to records...

vinyl junkie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest serpent of the light

my friend has an immortal record picture disc. it looks really cool when it spins around. woooooooooooooo wooooooooooooo, ya know?

BLACK METAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest HELLSATAN

i dont mind flipping them over for 12"s but i hate listening to my 7"s thats why tapes are good same with run on sentences

they do make players that flip them over, but they cost much money... i used to have one that would hold 2 or 3 records and drop another one down on top of the first when it ended, but that ended after a night of rough sex... (don't ask...)

in a perfect world i'd have the record player that angelina jolie has in tomb raider, but that one costs more than my truck... also, i doubt anyone but me noticed it, i'm a vinyl junkie... :lol:

haha kaes i had the same problem and for a while i didnt know it..so i was used to hearing bands a certain way on my player but then i would hear them on others or live and be like "what the fuck is this guy doin, his voice is so much lower than on the record"....to this day atari and youth of today both sound better faster than normal

Originally posted by Vanity

also..

they're damn heavy.

werd... and they're not portable for that reason, but like hellsatan said:

Originally posted by HELLSATAN

thats why tapes are good...

in the end tho, flipping them over is the only thing that really pisses me off...

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

they do make players that flip them over, but they cost much money... i used to have one that would hold 2 or 3 records and drop another one down on top of the first when it ended, but that ended after a night of rough sex... (don't ask...)

i'd like to ask...... so............

my first turntable was one of those that held 3 records, it was an old Technics. I got it for cleaning out some gutters, find a cheap one at a pawn shop or something. I hate falling asleep with a record on, then you wake up hear the needle go round and round (well actually the record is going round and round) and your too tired to get up and turn it off, oh that shit bugs me.

i only buy vinyl, never cd's...vinyl beats them hands down for these reasons among many...

the buzz of finding a record you've been hunting for (especially if it's cheap/2nd hand)

the artwork...art on cd covers doesnt have any impact at that scale, which is why nobody really bothers their arse designing good covers anymore

the smell of original 60s & 70s vinyl, that funky musty smell if you stick your nose in the sleeve

i only have about 10-12 cd's (mostly freebies) but i have more skips on those few cd's than scratches in over 500 records

record players...i got a fly silver technics 1800 from the 70's for nothing, it looks 10 times better than any cd player, 1200's are just enough to look at in themself, beautiful piece of design

dj with cd's? how many turntablists scratch with cd's? end of story

one of my favourite pro-vinyl ploys was steve albini having the vinyl version of shellac's

'1000 hurts' lp in a box with the cd free inside...for the same price as buying just the cd...genius

oh yeah, the only downside to vinyl...i fall asleep with records and my needle grinds itself away through the night, damn i hate that...

Originally posted by aederone

i'd like to ask...... so............

you asked for it... before i start, please note that any action i describe was asked for, and very welcomed... here goes...

so i'm doing my ex from behind, and slapping her ass repeatedly (i have a very good picture i'll try to post soon...) if i hit her hard enough she would start to get a little woozy (she blacked out a few times...) and i was hitting her hard, and several times... so she's a little out of it, and her ass and lower legs are sore and going numb... suddenly she pulls off me, turns around on her knees and tells me to hit her... so, i pull back, make a fist, and...

as i swing towards her face, she's wobbleing, and through her own wobbles, her numb ass and legs, and me shifting the mattress through swinging, i don't connect and she tumbles backwards... she hit her head on the bedframe, blacks out, and practically skewers her leg on the post of my record player (it would hold multiple records, so the post is about 4 inches long...) the record player tumbles down, snaps off the needle arm, bends the post, and makes the platter turn on an angle... she ended up with a concussion and a nasty little puncture wound on the front of her leg...

and that's how i lost my record player through a night of rough sex...

Originally posted by optimodub

i only buy vinyl, never cd's...vinyl beats them hands down for these reasons among many...

the buzz of finding a record you've been hunting for (especially if it's cheap/2nd hand)

the artwork...art on cd covers doesnt have any impact at that scale, which is why nobody really bothers their arse designing good covers anymore

the smell of original 60s & 70s vinyl, that funky musty smell if you stick your nose in the sleeve

oh yeah, the only downside to vinyl...i fall asleep with records and my needle grinds itself away through the night, damn i hate that...

artwork-- hell yeah! and picture discs... i'm all over that shit...

the smell... i thought i was the only person who did this... my whole rooms smells like old records...

as for falling asleep, my player takes the needle off the platter automatically, but i have a few records with lock grooves... those are a bitch... i left one of those playing for an hour once...

ha ha i fell asleep with the cLOUDDEAD lp on the other night. i woke up had breakfast went to town came home to notice the record still going round that must have been about 15 hours Stanton came through though shits ok! one thing that annoys me is the lack of underground hip hop on vinyl at the moment damn cheap cd writers!

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

I haven't bought a cd in about a year. My tables are next to my computer so if I really want something on cd, I'll just hook my mixer into my computer and make a cd of it, It makes me feel good, that warm sound of vynl. Mmmm...I'm gonna go drop the needle.

Thats 963!

Guest platapie

whenyou but ti you feel liek you own somthign. a cd is jsu so dumb and crappy. unless its fo rfree. then tis alright

Archived