The downfall of Channel Zero, and perhaps why it happened:

test pattern

what the fuck is with this place now? some one year ago channel zero was thriving with good information and interesting reads. it contained funny, interesting topics and a good cast of users. these users, which became known for certain aspects of their writing, have all gone somewhere else for the most part. that, or they're unbannable (tease, PGW). some users became favorites. i know i had personal favorites. most of them are no longer here. 12oz used to be grounds for sometimes intelligent and very informative dialogue. there were always good music threads, great book threads, funny threads about things that happened to people, photo threads, directional threads, everything. these are becoming more and more scarce. you might have a hard time understanding, well, personalizing, what i am saying.

channel zero is full of bullshit text trends now. what the hell is with that? it's becoming a contest. people want to be known. don't ask me why--they just do. deep down, they want to be able to come here, post, notice it is quoted, and they want to be recognized as the user they are. they want to have some sort of sway in opinion and they want to be recognized when their name is mentioned. instead of going about this the way older, good users might have done, they try this with "text trends". i think this is the entire purpose of the text trends. i don't think anyone's typing in center thinking "oh, this is going to look so cool!!!". i don't think anyone's typing in other colors for aesthetic pleasure in what they write. i just don't see that happening. because this is not the case, i think they must want to be noticed by means of their text whoring.

the sudden rush of stupid, lazy ignorance is pathetic. there have always been stupid users and things like this, i know, but this is sad! there are more idiots posting than normal. it's really lowering the quality of channel zero.

it looks like all it takes to be the talk of channel zero is an attractive female. don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about the ladies, but christ! alright, there have always been devilush and dee. others, too, but you get the idea. they've had people on their unit for a long time. i assumed it was because they were attractive females who have been around for a long time and generally put a lot of good input to channel zero. this could still even be the case (i don't know devilush as much, but dee's a very cool and interesting person to talk to), but the fatalist issue is horrible. she's got, like, 20 posts? all most of the guys can do is bitch about not getting to see her tits. this shit is pathetic. tits aren't hard to see. get in your car and go get some.

i can't be the only one noticing this. anyone else?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the problem is everyones trying to "e-diss" everyone else instead of just interacting with people.

its cool when people kid around in a buddy buddy fashion, but when people are constantly talking the same old shit, saying the same stupid ass disses over and over to the same people it gets old and boring and annoying rather quickly.

and about achieving some sort of "e-fame" hahaha... that shit is silly to. I find it pretty funny that people try to get noticed online. I get a lot of attention but I dont strive for it, I merely post what im thinking about when it comes to that particular thread and most the time i have a funny outlook / opinion about the topic. I'm not trying to make people laugh, or get any reaction out of them honestly, but if they find what I say to be funny, that's great.

/dont believe the hype.

And yeah, the "text trends" are getting tired.. they'll fade away eventually. Just imitators.

What makes Ch.0 special (and I'm sure this has been said infinite times before) is the sense of community that we have. Over time, the annoying new jacks will fall off.. and new ones appear undoubtly. But the veterans of the board will always hold things down around here.

one things for sure...

12oz doesnt need the "elite" style attitude..thats just as gross as the moronic people who flood this place with threads that go no where.

you gotta look on both sides of the issue, sure there are some people who dont have anything constructive to say, but those are the same people who have had me laughing so hard at their sarcastic humor..its about entertainment and well as useful information.

There will always be new people that stick around long enough and contribute enough that eventually they become a solid part of 12oz. This is not a closed community by any means.

How many channel zero heads does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One to screw in the light bulb and 2 to argue about how much better the old one was.

Yes this has been brought up before. I know what your saying.

How about some sociology?

Ok with tribal societies you have basically an ideal society, everyone is online with one another everyone is like one big happy family. Then you get to agrarian societies where all of a sudden farmers can produce more and more food and more and more people have to worry less about food and are free to pursue other avenues. While this was a dream come true for craftsmen and whatnot, this new ease in way of life, and separation of people by specializations caused rifts also in the social harmonies. And industrial society or what I like to call the death of the imagination, this was a deadend for the craftsmen, like us, we probably would have been craftsmen, all of a sudden machines could do the same work in less time with better quality. We were put out of business and soon instead of the machines working for us, we were working for the machines. Now as the machines grow stronger and start to become "self-aware" they will soon realize they don't need us at all and we are just a burden to their taking over of the universe!!!!!!!!!!

Haha... no but really.... up till recently our society retained alot of tribalistic qualities. Our human qualities... you know what i mean, respecting elders, being kind to your neighbor... this whole "i want attention cause I'm the best" attitude, this is capitalism. Every wants and needs to be some kind of damn superstar. Our heros arent mom and dad, it's justin timberlake and britney spears. And what kind of role models are they? All we've got that's what cause mom and dad are both at work to support the household. If they are even still together that is. Our moral collapse has alot to do with the vacuum science left in religion. Poke a couple holes and people want to throw it out cause they think it's no good anymore. Not only that but morality gets in the way of profits. And it should be quite clear to everyone that profits mean everything in society today.

Paleolithic man... why can't i be?

speaking of boogie hands, i know that white trash bitch in real life, he use to live right down the street.....he is a backstabbing, lying snake who blows at graffiti...thats REAL...i wouldnt bullshit on that...

anyways..i feel better

test pattern....

you did come off that way a little, but you probably didnt mean to, your just ranting about the current situation here, which is ok

but you do know what i am talking about right, as far as some of the attitudes of the people with 876487468764876348764 post under their name

villain, i agree with the issues on capitalism. i don't feel they'll be easily defeated, if ever. they might be replaced by something worse years down the line.

i can't say i agree with the utopian ideas of a smaller society. i'm not saying it doesn't work in a small commune or something, i'm just saying i'd need more to be satisfied. i'd probably go stir crazy.

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft

but you do know what i am talking about right, as far as some of the attitudes of the people with 876487468764876348764 post under their name

oh, god. yeah, i do. i could even give examples, but that's not what this is about.

i have to agree with you on those types, too.

yeah... this topic comes and goes every few months.

I personally think we're on a bit of a high point right now.

why?

-potential upgrades for paid members

-much slicker looking threads with crazy code

-tons of photothreads with travel pics from all over

-more girls that ever before (which gives a great new angle to all the old topics)

-mods who started as simple users and love the place without being jaded

-the 'unbanables' arent really as annoying as say 'marlboro red'

-the 'serial posts' like Rob'oscope and ABC's TGIF are always above average.

-there's many more ways to get feedback to the admins now and it seems like they listen and respond.

-there's WAY less flooding and people out for 'e-fame' than before (thanks again to the mods for that)

yesh... I think ch.zero is in a decent place now.

To be honest, if I want to interact with people on any kind of cognitive level and have discussions, I do it in real life. Primarily I come to 12oz for Metalheads and Brickslayers, to look at and talk about writing. Channel Zero is just somewhere for me to kill time whilst I'm on the payrole, crack jokes, and take the piss out of people. Now and again, like now, I might feel like typing out some kind of serious response, but that doesn't happen very often.

test pattern....why do you hate me so much? i just dont get it.

sure we dont know each other but why do you have to hate on me?

i've been here for a long time now....devilush isnt even the first screen name. i've put in my dues.

*devilush is always being picked at like a damn scab.*

Originally posted by Devilush

test pattern....why do you hate me so much? i just dont get it

sure we dont know each other but why do you have to hate on me?

i've been here for a long time now....devilush isnt even the first screen name. i've put in my dues.

*devilush is always being picked at like a damn scab.*

what? when do i hate on you?

we've never really talked, regretfully, and i only remember telling you i hoped you'd have better days sometimes.

sorry if you got the wrong impression, though i'm not sure how you did.

please explain.

Originally posted by test pattern

villain, i agree with the issues on capitalism. i don't feel they'll be easily defeated, if ever. they might be replaced by something worse years down the line.

i can't say i agree with the utopian ideas of a smaller society. i'm not saying it doesn't work in a small commune or something, i'm just saying i'd need more to be satisfied. i'd probably go stir crazy.

Well depends on what your looking for i guess. who says you can't travel in a more localized society? I'm just talking about more power on the community level. Instead of this enormous weight that's being accumulated at the top of the pyramid threatening to crush us all.

Besides what are you looking for really? Everyone eats, pisses, shits, sleeps, fucks, just the same as you. Perhaps you are looking for answers. Well outward experience can shed light on what already lies inside.

Archived