1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The downfall of Channel Zero, and perhaps why it happened:

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by test pattern, Mar 16, 2004.

1. test pattern

test pattern 12oz Elite Member

The downfall of Channel Zero, and perhaps why it happened:

Discussion started by test pattern - Mar 16, 2004

what the fuck is with this place now? some one year ago channel zero was thriving with good information and interesting reads. it contained funny, interesting topics and a good cast of users. these users, which became known for certain aspects of their writing, have all gone somewhere else for the most part. that, or they're unbannable (tease, PGW). some users became favorites. i know i had personal favorites. most of them are no longer here. 12oz used to be grounds for sometimes intelligent and very informative dialogue. there were always good music threads, great book threads, funny threads about things that happened to people, photo threads, directional threads, everything. these are becoming more and more scarce. you might have a hard time understanding, well, personalizing, what i am saying.

channel zero is full of bullshit text trends now. what the hell is with that? it's becoming a contest. people want to be known. don't ask me why--they just do. deep down, they want to be able to come here, post, notice it is quoted, and they want to be recognized as the user they are. they want to have some sort of sway in opinion and they want to be recognized when their name is mentioned. instead of going about this the way older, good users might have done, they try this with "text trends". i think this is the entire purpose of the text trends. i don't think anyone's typing in center thinking "oh, this is going to look so cool!!!". i don't think anyone's typing in other colors for aesthetic pleasure in what they write. i just don't see that happening. because this is not the case, i think they must want to be noticed by means of their text whoring.

the sudden rush of stupid, lazy ignorance is pathetic. there have always been stupid users and things like this, i know, but this is sad! there are more idiots posting than normal. it's really lowering the quality of channel zero.

it looks like all it takes to be the talk of channel zero is an attractive female. don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about the ladies, but christ! alright, there have always been devilush and dee. others, too, but you get the idea. they've had people on their unit for a long time. i assumed it was because they were attractive females who have been around for a long time and generally put a lot of good input to channel zero. this could still even be the case (i don't know devilush as much, but dee's a very cool and interesting person to talk to), but the fatalist issue is horrible. she's got, like, 20 posts? all most of the guys can do is bitch about not getting to see her tits. this shit is pathetic. tits aren't hard to see. get in your car and go get some.

i can't be the only one noticing this. anyone else?

test pattern - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. j

j Guest

j - Replied Mar 16, 2004

Ch.0 goes through phases.. ups and downs. I think we could use a bit more funk sometimes, but there's also a lot of awesome threads abound.

Every once in a while this subject gets brought back up. It all goes in cycles 'round here.. [​IMG]

3. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Mar 16, 2004

fuck an a test pattern, iquit and myself are just fucking around with one another about the fatalist thing, it's a joke... FUCK! don't wet yourself, son!

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter 12oz Senior Member

Rodney Trotter - Replied Mar 16, 2004

BOOGIEHANDS

Rodney Trotter - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Mar 16, 2004

oh and i vote Boogie Hands!
    you want some old school 12oz, there...boogie hands, better now?...

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. test pattern

test pattern - Replied Mar 16, 2004

well, i also considered the fluctuation.

7. cmeup

cmeup 12oz Veteran Member

cmeup - Replied Mar 16, 2004

the problem is everyones trying to "e-diss" everyone else instead of just interacting with people.

its cool when people kid around in a buddy buddy fashion, but when people are constantly talking the same old shit, saying the same stupid ass disses over and over to the same people it gets old and boring and annoying rather quickly.

and about achieving some sort of "e-fame" hahaha... that shit is silly to. I find it pretty funny that people try to get noticed online. I get a lot of attention but I dont strive for it, I merely post what im thinking about when it comes to that particular thread and most the time i have a funny outlook / opinion about the topic. I'm not trying to make people laugh, or get any reaction out of them honestly, but if they find what I say to be funny, that's great.

/dont believe the hype.

cmeup - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. j

j Guest

j - Replied Mar 16, 2004

And yeah, the "text trends" are getting tired.. they'll fade away eventually. Just imitators.

What makes Ch.0 special (and I'm sure this has been said infinite times before) is the sense of community that we have. Over time, the annoying new jacks will fall off.. and new ones appear undoubtly. But the veterans of the board will always hold things down around here.

9. test pattern

i don't want some old school.
    i don't want some pink font.
    i want valid input. if you're going to get defensive, get defensive.

10. test pattern

yes, definitely. i really like the sense of union that channel zero provides. that's probably a huge part of the reason it's so successful.

11. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

Pfffffffffft - Replied Mar 16, 2004

one things for sure...

12oz doesnt need the "elite" style attitude..thats just as gross as the moronic people who flood this place with threads that go no where.

you gotta look on both sides of the issue, sure there are some people who dont have anything constructive to say, but those are the same people who have had me laughing so hard at their sarcastic humor..its about entertainment and well as useful information.

Pfffffffffft - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  12. test pattern

i said this. i hope i'm not coming off as an elitist, either. i'm not trying to and i don't think that way.

13. j

j Guest

j - Replied Mar 16, 2004

There will always be new people that stick around long enough and contribute enough that eventually they become a solid part of 12oz. This is not a closed community by any means.

14. Æ°

Æ° 12oz Senior Member

Æ° - Replied Mar 16, 2004

How many channel zero heads does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One to screw in the light bulb and 2 to argue about how much better the old one was.

Æ° - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. cmeup

cmeup 12oz Veteran Member

cmeup - Replied Mar 16, 2004

http://www.tiffanystar.com/members/emo.jpg'>

"EMOOLOGY 101"

cmeup - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: