Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

~THE DOCUMENTARY SUPERTHREAD~

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by shitting, Apr 5, 2007.

1. shitting

shitting Veteran Member

I've seen some docus lately that have really impressed me.

I got the Errol Morris collection, which has "the thin blue line", "vernon, florida" and "gates of heaven."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    gates of heaven is about two pet cemetarys. hilarious weirdo pet lovers are featured in this film

[​IMG]

These three are seriously ridiculous. Must watch

=========

The highlands trilogy is unreal. Set in the PNG Highlands and shot over ten years, First Contact (1983), followed by Joe Leahy's Neighbours (1989) and Black Harvest (1992) have won 30 national and international awards

[​IMG]

FIRST CONTACT
    This documentary presents footage of the first contact between the highland tribes of Papua New Guinea, and European explorers. In the 1930s three Australian's, Michael, Daniel and James Leahy were the first white people to venture into the vast New Guinean interior. They searched for gold and found 1 million highland tribespeople who had previously had no contact with the outside world. Amazingly, they took a film camera with them.

JOE LEAHY'S NEIGHBOUR'S traces the fortunes of Joe Leahy, mixed-race son of Australian explorer Michael Leahy and a highland woman, and follows his uneasy relationship with his tribal neighbours, the Ganiga. Raised in the village but educated by the colonial whites, Joe has his feet in two cultural camps.
    BLACK HARVEST charts the progress of Joe in convincing the Ganiga tribes-people to join him in a coffee growing venture. He provides the money and the expertise; they supply land and labour. But on the eve of success, the world coffee price collapses and tribal warfare erupts in the valley.

========

"Highworn highway" is pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTGKzWDakK8

2. roadpig

roadpig Dirty Dozen Crew

hmm..sounds interesting.

i just seen this about 2 weeks ago...pretty good.

[​IMG]

i want to buy a copy of this soon..

[​IMG]

3. Issac Brock

Issac Brock Elite Member

4. viperface

viperface Elite Member

Some time ago I saw a good documentary about american independent folk/country music, and the mentality around it.
    There can't be many of those around, maybe someone here knows what documentary I'm talking about.

5. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

what's that one called that makes you think it's all about cannabalism but
    it's actually about a homo whitey fucking tribal doodz? It was pretty good.

6. coffeedependency

coffeedependency Senior Member

7. coffeedependency

coffeedependency Senior Member

8. Southern Smite

Southern Smite Member

Heartworn highway is really good. If you like that you should check out "Be here to love me." It's a documentary all about Townes.

9. fat ralphy

fat ralphy 12oz Loyalist

[​IMG]
    DARK DAYS

the 24hours on craigslist was pretty boring...just my opinion though...that part with the gay massuese who was in all the homo fisting videos pretty much killed the film for me

10. LiliStCynical

LiliStCynical Dirty Dozen Crew

11. fat ralphy

fat ralphy 12oz Loyalist

PEICE BY PEICE...san francisco graf history documented...that one is soooo sick

12. Theo Huxtable.

Theo Huxtable. 12oz Loyalist

13. IOU

IOU 12oz Loyalist

Saw part of this just yesterday...

One for my want list...

14. Omniscient

Omniscient Senior Member

15. JambaJuice

JambaJuice Senior Member

I know his son...