the deftones played

Future Droid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Deftones have always been pretty decent, although I'll admit that I was wary of listening to them when the whole rap/rock scene was getting big, on account of all the aforementioned douchebaggery.. Example: Korn played a free show here, last night..Ugh. It's all promo for that stupid "Family Values" tour..Deftones, alone, I can enjoy.Chino's got some balls to do some of the things they do on stage, and his voice is just plain ridiculous..White Pony and the Self-Titled record were light years better then the first two records, the 80's shoegazer and pop influences really showed...

team sleep is really good. its a deftones side project.

Team Sleep didnt take off as anything big or successful but are very 'slept' on. In a way Im glad it didnt get all out of proportion to where every other kid has a Team Sleep button on. I think the less people know about it the more special it seems to be.

The Deftones are never a let down.

I wish I wouldve been more into going to shows a few years back when Deftones toured with glassJAw. That wouldve been a nutbuster.

I never understood why they got lumped into that rap/rock catergory, Chino don't rap! He covered Ice Cube's wicked with korn, but that wasn't even on a deftones disc. I haven't listened to them in a minute but I got all their CDs. Watching Chi getting hammered on the White Pony CD is fucking hilarious. The interviewer is all like "So how's the new CD?" and he's just like "IT FUCKING SUCKS." then bounces outside and pisses all over a fence in broad daylight.