THE DEAD WRESTLER THREAD

john_gacy

These guys drop left & right, I figure why not have a thread for them instead of all the individual threads each time. Do any of these guys ever die from old age? They sure don't die from DDT's and Suplexes.

Latest to go:

UMAGA!

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/10476172

I find it amusing that this was covered under sports news. It was also entertaining to read the idiotic comments back & forth below the story, although I only read the 1st page worth.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there was an article in Maxim a few years ago about this.

to answer your question No. They dont die of old age.

What i took from it was that these guys wrestle very often.

its not like football where they play to compete once a week.

They may be getting throw around 5 or 6 nights a week.

Even tho its all theatrics they are still taking hits and getting

they asses beat. As a result they take shit loads of narcotic

painkillers just to get into the ring. On top alot of them

do a bunch of coke and take steroids.

They mostly die of heart attacks and drug overdoses

there was an article in Maxim a few years ago about this. to answer your question No. They dont die of old age. On top a lot of them do a bunch of coke and take steroids. They mostly die of heart attacks and drug overdoses

:lol: Thanks for the educational moment, but that was a rhetorical question.

The founders of the family, Reverend Amituanai Anoa'i and his wife Tovale, had nine children: six sons, Afa, Afoa, Tumua, Peteroni, Sipa, and Sika; and three daughters, Matalima, Lia, and Vera, who died April 25, 2008.

* Afa and Sika became wrestlers, forming the tag team the Wild Samoans.

* Afa's three sons are all wrestlers — Samula (best known as Samu), Afa Jr. (known as Manu) and Lloyd (best known as L.A. Smooth). The oldest brother Afoa is father to Rodney Anoa'i also known as "Yokozuna" who died in October 2000. His daughters are Komiti Panama & Bernadette Anoa'i. His 3rd eldest daughter Monica Anoa'i is the widow of wrestler Gary Albright. His youngest daughter is Lynn Tovale Anoai. His oldest sister Elevera Fatu gave birth to four sons, who all but one would become wrestlers: Sam Fatu (known as Tama and Tonga Kid), Solofa Fatu Jr. (as Fatu and Rikishi and Junior Fatu ) and Eddie Fatu (known as Jamal and Umaga who passed away on December 4, 2009).

* Sika's older son Matt Anoa'i wrestled under the name Ro'Z and Rosey, while his younger son Joe played football for Georgia Tech and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Minnesota Vikings.

* Afa and Sika's father considered Peter Maivia his "blood brother", a connection that continued to Afa and Sika, who regard Peter as their uncle. Peter Maivia and his wife Leah Maivia had a daughter, Ata Maivia, who married wrestler Rocky Johnson. The couple became the parents of Dwayne Johnson, who was better known as The Rock before establishing himself as a successful actor. Peter Maivia's youngest son Toa is in training to wrestle. Maivia's oldest son Peter Fanene Jr is in the real estate business.

* Hollywood stuntman Tanoai Reed (aka Toa on the 2008 version of American Gladiators) is the great nephew of wrestling promoter Leah Maivia (Peter Maivia's wife)

* Boxer David Tua, actor Solo Siaopo are also related to the Anoa'i family.[citation needed]

* Linked to the family by marriage but not actually a blood relative is wrestler "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka. Snuka's son Jimmy Snuka Jr. used to wrestle for Raw as Sim Snuka.

* In an Article in Pro Wrestling Illustrated Samoa Joe claims to share a distant ancestor with the Anoa'i family, but well before Reverend Amituanai Anoa'i, so he is not a member of the family.[citation needed]

* It was announced on October 21, 2008, that Leah Maivia died at the age of 81.[1]

* As of June 8, 2009, it has been the first time no Anoa'i family member has been a member of the WWF/WWE roster.

* But not for long, Jonothan Fatu, a son of Solofa Fatu Jr. reportedly signed a WWE develomental contract in early November[2]. He has been assigned to FCW and works under the name of Jimmy Uso. The first of a new generation of the Anoa'i family legacy.

* It was announced on December 4, 2009, that Eddie Fatu, also known as Umaga, died at the age of 36.

The sons of Rikishi Fatu, Joshua Fatu and Jonathan Fatu (now Jimmy Uso in Florida Championship Wrestling), are pro wrestlers

• 1 year later...