The Dancer Upstairs

Guest chicken bone

Guest chicken bone

http://www.mostradelcinemadivenezia.tv/2002/images/dancer%20upstairs.jpg'>

In light of Tesser and Browner's talk of this film I caught it as soon as it was available. I've always enjoyed John Malkovich's acting as well as Javier Bardem's. Glad to see Malkovich stepping it up and providing something absolutely intense and involving.

Awesome story, awesome premise.. Some beautiful shots. Great acting coming from all the cast.

*There is also really nice use of music and dance and sound in this film..

Shot on location in Spain, Ecuador, & Portugal.

I base my props on the fact that the movie had me by the balls the entire time... Even got me a bit paranoid and freaked out. Totally transports you into this crazy world.

*For those of you who don't know, the film is set in Latin America during one of the weirdest and craziest secret revolutions. Hundreds of dogs hung dead on lamposts with messages pioneering the coming of "La Presidente Ezekiel!"

Color coded fireworks exploding in the sky as a form of secret code..

Little kids with bombs attached to their backs running into buildings and blowing up.. .Dogs with dynomite attached to their tails and running through the city, etc..etc...... And all in the middle is Bardem, who plays a sort of detective guy set out to track down 'Presidente Ezekiel'.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest chicken bone

By the way, the film is based on a novel by Nicholas Shakespeare. The screenplay was adapted by him as well.. Turns out all the events were based on historical events in Peru during the 1980's.

Guest chicken bone
Originally posted by Kilo7-

It's on my 'must-see-list'.

so how's the film nerd thing going :chicken: boner?

Goin goood.. Really really busy though. I like to pretend i'm a sponge and I can soak up the multitudes of information being shot at me 9-10 hours a day but I catch myself slipping every once in a while. Shit is intense to say the least.

I gotta shoot you an email sometime, today I attended a short seminar at the film fest goin on here. Checkin a couple movies too. The whole 'DV revolution' seems to be the biggest rave and gossip at the moment.

Every fifth word seems to start or end with 'digital intermediary' and the like, or any other catch phrase that involves DV to 35mm transfers..

We should all start a co-op between me you and brownski. We'll conjugate in Alberta and the Yukon and make documentaries on fly fishing, bestiality, and Canadian priests.

Originally posted by chicken bone

We should all start a co-op between me you and brownski. We'll conjugate in Alberta and the Yukon and make documentaries on fly fishing, bestiality, and Canadian priests.

Just give me a call. I got the hookups for that shit 'round these parts.

yo yo yo...

caught it tonight~quite tight.

bardem is the man. although he fuckin'

destroys in before night falls, he was

pretty good in this too..and i saw his pee pee.

it just finished about 15 ago, so i'm still soaking

it up. i had a bit of a time understanding some

of the dialogue though..

overall truth be told though, 'stevie' has still got me

on lock.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Word chickenbone...glad you digged it...What i loved about the film is the awesome atmosphere it has...shot in a great way..another thing is the anorthodox way this revolution operates...its really sucks you in. Its not the kind of movie that you'll be thinking about all the time..but it sure gives you a dope 2 hours and enough moments to ponder upon.

Brownman....i really dont feel like suggetsing films to you:tongue::dazed: haha

• 3 months later...
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Just finished watching it... A+ all over the place. Great fucking film.

I thought Yolanda was sooo fucking hot for some reason...