The creators of break Dancing

KINGofTOYS

i was watching TV one night when a show on some martial arts style was on. it is the style were slaves disguised the fighting into a dance. well they were talking and they took full credit on starting break dancing. i have seen a couple Bboy videos and i cant remember there fighting style ever coming up. drop some knowlege on the subject if ya know.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I believe you're talking about Capueta. A martial arts from Brazil. I remember about 5 years ago I was riding the bus in L.A. and I overheard some old-school cat that seemed well-informed and somewhat educated was talking about Hip Hop and its origins. He then began talking about breakdancing and how it came from Capueta, a dance-style martial arts. I haven't read much into it, but I have seen Capueta being done and it does look similar to breakdancing, so the connection isn't out of the question. I'm just glad you brought it up because the first and last time I heard this was on the bus 5 years ago.

... eh fuck it.. not in the mood to explain what i know and then add in my theory as to the history

its a ;arge mixture but you can see "breaking" in its early stages around the 50-60s...eh i kinda wish i had payed more attention to my pops when he rambled on about his wild youth in gary indiana..

its a bit interesting ehrn you find out about the differnt styles of urban..dance and how they are changed over and over through the years..

and please people...if your see a fool crip walking and he/she isnt a crip....you have my permission to slap the fuck out of them

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BUT GUESS WHAT I JUST FOUND. A CONDOM THAT I USED LIKE THREE MONTHS AGO AND I PUT IN A LITTLE BOX. I JUST FOUND THE BOX IN MY DRAWER AND IM LIKE OOH WHATS IN HERE.. FUCKING STANK SOOOO BAD..

ALSO I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT 'THE CREATORS OF DONKEY KONG' UNTIL I LOOKED A SECOND TIME. CAN SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT DONKEY KONG?

well i brought the history of breakdancing up with my aunt..

she told me the style of floor moves to contemporary music goes back to the 20-30s with jazz dancers and swing dancers..and is somwhat related to tapdancing.. wich makes alot of sense to me from the footage i have seen..

that and she wouldnt wire me any money either..whys pops and his sister gotta be so stingy b?

moogs??//makin 40k a year but would still rather live at his mommas house....rockin the dsl in his 5 year old sisters name..

and what

Originally posted by MOOGLE?@Dec 30 2004, 09:42 AM

she told me the style of floor moves to contemporary music goes back to the 20-30s with jazz dancers and swing dancers..and is somwhat related to tapdancing.. wich makes alot of sense to me from the footage i have seen..

If you want to see more footage of similarities in dancing and martial arts, check out the video Detours.

If you're really interested check out The Freshest Kids dvd. And Ken Swift had a web site some where talking about the beginning of breakdancing and hip hop and yadda yadda yadda. I still think that someone slipped and did a backspin or someshit. I also saw a few kung fu variation of moves that looked similar to breakdancing. And I don't think capoiera had anything to do with breakdancing (read this somewhere).

die hip hop, die!

edit*

okay, so i didn't read the thread. so what?