The Coup

old*824

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anyway, the reason i bring it up is cause i got this track on repeat about what its like to live in poverty and work to get yourself no where and be broke just the same.....

"work for 8 dollars an hour to you pass out and still be assed out"

if youve ever been on theverge of eviction with your bills gettin turned off and no recourse....you know what im sayen...

maken six an hour living off fast food and sleeping on a back porch while your a step away from jail time with your girl who had the ghetto oven blow up on her and get sent to the hospital only to have her credit ruined for the ambulance bill.

fuck luxury.

ok, well it was covered up back porch..but that shit was still a porch...with a window....so maybe it was room. but there was still lots of murders on that hood and the oven did blow up on her.

hah, we bought sysco one night and that shit was so nasty we sold it to the first bum that walked by.

the mental bin next door. shootings stabbings rapings beatings gotta watch your step for the dirty needles in the alley. crack heads, skin heads, bone heads, beatings and robbings, thuggin and muggin.....

ahhhh......to be 18 again.

this was a nice neighborhood to.

sactown one two.

oh and the body count for one summer......

one white kid we knew was shot in a robbery.

one had his throat sliced

a hooked got stabbed, the way we heard it she was running down the alley naked in blood with the killer chasing her...

another shooting....

i dont recall the last one....but im pretty sure it happened.

anyway....that was april through october.

and like i said....this was the nice part of town....

the gay speed freak hookers two blocks up.....thats where that throat slashing happened.

the bakery two blocks over is where the robbery happened.

Tupac got shot that summer.

its been almost 8 years....the memorys rusty.

ok, i am drunk.

Dude recently my landlords hired me to work here..and they asked me if I wanted the job and shit and I was kind of skeptical you know because I live here and all..but they're old folks so I trusted them, so I took the job..they gave me a pretty loose description of what my job duties were..but it was just basic vaccuum and mop type shit and then after a month with no warning these faggots fired me..and when I asked them why I was being let go they said it was none of my business..

anyway long story short I was somewhat pissed..I mean it sucks to get fired..and my boyfriend put on Kill your landlord for me..pretty much summed up my feelings..and kinda calmed me down..Music is good thing..

Where were you in '92?....I all gotta say is this" Props to Boots and Pam The Funkstress"....oh yeah,and fuck all you teenage antinerds and defjuxierookies......go ahead,try and school me on some GOOD hip-hop.....I'm probably more than half your age......go diggin'.

Originally posted by 455

Where were you in '92?....I all gotta say is this" Props to Boots and Pam The Funkstress"....oh yeah,and fuck all you teenage antinerds and defjuxierookies......go ahead,try and school me on some GOOD hip-hop.....I'm probably more than half your age......go diggin'.

yeah.

well, you wanna fill me in on the new Pete Rock album? I hear there’s a new one, and it’s a compilation. I’m not sure, though – I don’t listen to hip-hop anymore. Just Grace Jones and Bad Religion.

^^^^^^it's a double disc(or vinyl).....the first disc is the InI album-"Center of Attention" full length.......the second disc however,is where the money is at.......Deda(The Original Baby Pa)-previously unrealeased full length album....you would remember Deda from such joints as "In The Flesh" and "The Basement".....definitely worth your money(if you buy it).....oh yeah,both discs are circa '94,'95,and '96......nothing after that....so it is classic Pete Rock production.

i heard the first track off of Genocide and Juice in 95 and was hooked ever since.

Party Music was my album until the it got broken in half by the guy that proceeded to dislocate my jaw and blacken my eye. that song wear clean drawers makes me think of the colesium yard for some reason.

anyone know what albumn that "this is for my folkers that got bills overdue" song is from? its on my homeys mix. no play lists that fucker.

by the way ae....my copys got scratched so i gotta get new masters but ill get you some burns soon!! ill send you some to 455....10 hours of dope mixes with samples and lots of tight music. i mean, i dont know who these artists are but damn, thats what hip hop is.

off topic like woah. no life like what.

Archived