Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Coup

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by old*824, Nov 29, 2003.

1. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

This is for my folkers who gots bills overdue.

i raise this glass for the ones who died meaninglessly and the babies fed introvienously.

2. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

peep the albums they got.

Kill Your Landlord.
    Genocide and Juice.
    Party Music......

and the one i cant think of.

Best social commentary out there from East Oakland in my opinion.

3. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

anyway, the reason i bring it up is cause i got this track on repeat about what its like to live in poverty and work to get yourself no where and be broke just the same.....
    "work for 8 dollars an hour to you pass out and still be assed out"

if youve ever been on theverge of eviction with your bills gettin turned off and no recourse....you know what im sayen...

maken six an hour living off fast food and sleeping on a back porch while your a step away from jail time with your girl who had the ghetto oven blow up on her and get sent to the hospital only to have her credit ruined for the ambulance bill.

fuck luxury.

4. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

ok, well it was covered up back porch..but that shit was still a porch...with a window....so maybe it was room. but there was still lots of murders on that hood and the oven did blow up on her.

hah, we bought sysco one night and that shit was so nasty we sold it to the first bum that walked by.

the mental bin next door. shootings stabbings rapings beatings gotta watch your step for the dirty needles in the alley. crack heads, skin heads, bone heads, beatings and robbings, thuggin and muggin.....

ahhhh......to be 18 again.

this was a nice neighborhood to.

sactown one two.

5. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

oh and the body count for one summer......

one white kid we knew was shot in a robbery.

one had his throat sliced

a hooked got stabbed, the way we heard it she was running down the alley naked in blood with the killer chasing her...

another shooting....

i dont recall the last one....but im pretty sure it happened.

anyway....that was april through october.

and like i said....this was the nice part of town....

the gay speed freak hookers two blocks up.....thats where that throat slashing happened.

the bakery two blocks over is where the robbery happened.

Tupac got shot that summer.

its been almost 8 years....the memorys rusty.

ok, i am drunk.

6. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

Boots was on democracy now a couple weeks ago. He was reciting some lines from 5 million ways to kill a CEO.

7. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

Boots gets all props....

hah..five million ways to kill a ceo....stuff plastic crack baggys up his nose and drown him.....ok im drink drank drunk.

8. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

is democracy that radio show you was talking bout?

i dont hit links cause this comp sucks.

9. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

10. ElleGenie

ElleGenie Member

Dude recently my landlords hired me to work here..and they asked me if I wanted the job and shit and I was kind of skeptical you know because I live here and all..but they're old folks so I trusted them, so I took the job..they gave me a pretty loose description of what my job duties were..but it was just basic vaccuum and mop type shit and then after a month with no warning these faggots fired me..and when I asked them why I was being let go they said it was none of my business..

anyway long story short I was somewhat pissed..I mean it sucks to get fired..and my boyfriend put on Kill your landlord for me..pretty much summed up my feelings..and kinda calmed me down..Music is good thing..

11. 455

455 Guest

Where were you in '92?....I all gotta say is this" Props to Boots and Pam The Funkstress"....oh yeah,and fuck all you teenage antinerds and defjuxierookies......go ahead,try and school me on some GOOD hip-hop.....I'm probably more than half your age......go diggin'.

12. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

yeah.

well, you wanna fill me in on the new Pete Rock album? I hear there’s a new one, and it’s a compilation. I’m not sure, though – I don’t listen to hip-hop anymore. Just Grace Jones and Bad Religion.

14. 455

455 Guest

^^^^^^it's a double disc(or vinyl).....the first disc is the InI album-"Center of Attention" full length.......the second disc however,is where the money is at.......Deda(The Original Baby Pa)-previously unrealeased full length album....you would remember Deda from such joints as "In The Flesh" and "The Basement".....definitely worth your money(if you buy it).....oh yeah,both discs are circa '94,'95,and '96......nothing after that....so it is classic Pete Rock production.

15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

suhweet. i do indeed remember deda, although very vaguely. no doubt it will have excellent production.