The Contender

Tough Love

okay, ive seen this show a few times already, and something bugs me about it. now i know they most likely edit the fights so that they only show the good hits and what not, but regardless, some of the guys ive seen have been in a 7 round slug fest pretty much. which brings me to what bugs me about the show. Now, i have never really seen a pro fight where two guys have been going at it punch for punch for 7 rounds straight, which means one of two things when it comes to the people who fight on the Contender. Either they punch like pussies, or they are abnormally strong and are able to take punches like no other boxer i've ever seen. what do you guys think the deal is? I mean, ive seen some brutal matches on the show, and it blows my mind how anyone could still stay standing afterwards... :huh2:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i watched it for the first time last night when that bald guy jesse dropped like 10 pounds in a couple hours than a pound an half in like an hour then he fought that mildly retarded guy with the "#1 daddy" hat on. That was awesome, that dude jesse got his ass handed to him the first couple rounds than just knocks the #1 dad out in front of his whole family who are so hyped to see daddy win.

I hope his kids hate him for getting knocked out.

I love this shit, ive watched it like religion.

im kinda torn between who i want to see win, there's malfredo jr and then theres the latin snake, both need it and want it.

i think that's the whole reason i like it. you gotta survive the shit,.

imma be here at 8pm tomorrow with my doritos and beer watchign the finale. yep. damn good show.

i've watched the show from the beginning..and the fights are completely set for editing..do you really believe it's a nonstop slugfest?the 3 minute rounds are compiled into a minute at most...sometimes the rounds last 30 seconds...i have seen some middle weight boxers go all out slug for slug in fights though...usually in the later rounds.

i think the contender was fake. everything sugar ray and stallone say seems scripted and rehearsed. then during the final fight they're all saying "oh there has to be a rematch" and "this could be the fight of the year" fight of the year? 2 guys clinching for 7 rounds and mora lands the same punch over and over out of the clinch? that shit looked more like 2 people slow dancing at a senior prom than a boxing match. also, does anyone know if the gloves are regulation weight? they could be using a little more padding to make dudes be able to take more punishment. the whole thing seems suspicious to me--a little too well suited for tv.