The COLD VIRUS

Frate_Raper

How do you deal with it,how do you avoid it?

Maybe I've had to much time on my hands being sick the last 3 days but I was thinking about the virus on the whole,we've never had a cure but were told it keeps evolving into stronger strains of the virus. Whens it going to even out if ever and whats it going to become?

Will we still called it the cold and is this how other more serious illness start out?as the cold?

I'm wasted on over the counters I maybe rambling

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the cold is an RNA virus, so its mutation rate is extremely high. in contrast, the flu is a DNA virus, which means it has a slower mutation rate, which is why we can create a flu vaccine, because we can predict to a certain degree how its going to change from one year to annother. With an RNA virus (HIV, the cold), it mutates too fast for us to create vaccines or cures that work.

this is all off the top, so some facts might be slightly off.

either way, feel better. smoking a blunt and drinking alot of nyquil made me trip out.

then i vomited.

edit - typo

I heard somewhere (So this quite likely qould be completley wrong, so dont come crying to me if its wrong) that the cold could be cured, but the pharmaceutical companies would lose out on ALOT of money, because they would no longer need to make the drugs that help, ie: cold & flu tablets.

Originally posted by dkab@Mar 19 2005, 11:51 PM

I heard somewhere (So this quite likely qould be completley wrong, so dont come crying to me if its wrong) that the cold could be cured, but the pharmaceutical companies would lose out on ALOT of money, because they would no longer need to make the drugs that help, ie: cold & flu tablets.

sounds like it was ripped straight out of chris rock's aids theory. i wouldn't believe that for a second.

and i second the vote for buying airborne. that shit'll clear you up in no time.

I think the best thing is to prevent getting a cold in the first place, which means boosting your immune system

~drink alot of H20 daily.

~don't drink/do drugs daily/too often

~don't smoke cigarettes

~no smoking j's with a group of people.

~wash hands regularly

But when i get a cold, it usually isn't too bad.

If it is, I try to rest as much as possible and take some nyquil. that usually works.

I'm just now getting over being sick for about a week. Everyone at school always gets sick around the same time.

Advice from a friend/doctor:

Drink plenty of fluids

Avoid dairy products as they lend to congestion

Eat lots of greens and fruits

Rest

Try and get some sunlight if at all possible/some light excersize to make you sweat

Drinking a shot of wheatgrass reach day you are sick helps alot

Dont smoke weed while you are sick

there are too many different kinds of 'cold' virus

that's why it is so hard to get immunity.

i haven't had a serious cold in many years.

being vegetarian helps a lot!

(no antibiotics in your meat, food not handled by a million butchers and packagers etc before you eat it, meat not fed other dead meat, etc etc.)

god i hate being sick. THeres nothing to do all day and getting stoned only makes it worse. Thank momma and pappy for my exceptional immune system, i get sick about once or twice a year. Maybe three if its a crazy year.

Chinese soup and nyquil <--- All you need.

I have to agree that Airbourne works. You just have to take it when you first feel a cold coming on. Or if you are going to be in a crowded place with other infected people, like an airplane.

Haha, once I was on my flight for a vacation and I took one of those pills without water...I was breaking it up, but holy crap, what a bad idea.. it started foaming up in my mouth like crazy, dripping down my chin and just tasted awful. Don't do that.

Originally posted by ODS-1@Mar 22 2005, 05:57 PM

I have a minor cold, and the pressure in my ears is all fucked up. It feels like I've been on a plane for a long time.

this happened to me over a month ago. i thought i just had a cold, but my ears just stayed plugged for like 5 days, so i went to the doctor cuz it started to hurt, and found out i had a sinus infection. then, i had to fly on a plane back to la, and because my sinuses couldnt even out the pressure from the elevation, something burst in one of my sinuses and i blew heavy, thick, blood out of my nose for a week. i had to take antibiotics for two weeks after that to finally get the plugged up feeling to go away.

so if your ears stay fucked up for a while, id go to a doctor.

you guys might think i sound weird saying this, but i learned an acupressure treatment for sinus/cold relief not too long ago, and it drains your sinuses in about two hours tops.

ch11p60pic1b.jpg

use this picture (if your interested in the drug free approach), as a reference of what points to apply pressure to on your face. you should only be using the amount of pressure that you'd feel if you had a small golf ball on that point, DO NOT press hard, it'll only make it worse. It doesnt show in the pic, but you should apply a little pressure all around the eye socket to help that drain as well.

If anyone is really interested and wants to know, just message me and i'll get more in depth.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe+Mar 22 2005, 06:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mackfatsoe - Mar 22 2005, 06:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ODS-1@Mar 22 2005, 05:57 PM

I have a minor cold, and the pressure in my ears is all fucked up. It feels like I've been on a plane for a long time.

this happened to me over a month ago. i thought i just had a cold, but my ears just stayed plugged for like 5 days, so i went to the doctor cuz it started to hurt, and found out i had a sinus infection. then, i had to fly on a plane back to la, and because my sinuses couldnt even out the pressure from the elevation, something burst in one of my sinuses and i blew heavy, thick, blood out of my nose for a week. i had to take antibiotics for two weeks after that to finally get the plugged up feeling to go away.

so if your ears stay fucked up for a while, id go to a doctor.

[/b]

They feel better now...

I hope.