Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The COLD VIRUS

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Frate_Raper, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

How do you deal with it,how do you avoid it?

Maybe I've had to much time on my hands being sick the last 3 days but I was thinking about the virus on the whole,we've never had a cure but were told it keeps evolving into stronger strains of the virus. Whens it going to even out if ever and whats it going to become?

Will we still called it the cold and is this how other more serious illness start out?as the cold?

I'm wasted on over the counters I maybe rambling

2. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

the cold is an RNA virus, so its mutation rate is extremely high. in contrast, the flu is a DNA virus, which means it has a slower mutation rate, which is why we can create a flu vaccine, because we can predict to a certain degree how its going to change from one year to annother. With an RNA virus (HIV, the cold), it mutates too fast for us to create vaccines or cures that work.

this is all off the top, so some facts might be slightly off.

either way, feel better. smoking a blunt and drinking alot of nyquil made me trip out.

then i vomited.

edit - typo

3. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

extra sleep
    oj
    vit. c
    lots over over the counter products
    a sick day from work (if it gets real bad)
    a visit to the doctor (if all else fails)

4. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

When are they gonna cure this fucking thing!?!??

5. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

It has never annoyed me enough to care about a cure.

6. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

once my "operation: n f" goes through. our team will get working on it.

cannons. are. the. answer.

7. dkab

dkab Member

I heard somewhere (So this quite likely qould be completley wrong, so dont come crying to me if its wrong) that the cold could be cured, but the pharmaceutical companies would lose out on ALOT of money, because they would no longer need to make the drugs that help, ie: cold & flu tablets.

8. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

I have been violently ill for the past week. I hate it, my whole body aches, I have the worst cough... I am coughing up mucus and shit like crazy. I think I have the asian bird flu.

9. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

get Airborne..you can buy it at walgreens/cvs/eckerd.

knocks a cold out in a day or so. I've tried it, and it clears your head up almost immediately of congestion.

10. crushkilldestroy

crushkilldestroy New Jack

sounds like it was ripped straight out of chris rock's aids theory. i wouldn't believe that for a second.

and i second the vote for buying airborne. that shit'll clear you up in no time.

11. Frate_Raper

I wonder if they sell airbourne here in canada,MAN WAS I WASTED WHEN I POSTED THIS TOPIC!

12. Frate_Raper

Airbourn is not sold in canada.someone send me some

13. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

It's good not to go outside or smoke pot or cigs or drink when you have a cold. I'm just getting over one I got from being at a hot, stinking, sweaty show and then going outside where it was 30 degrees out. Big mistake, should have brought a coat.

14. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

I think the best thing is to prevent getting a cold in the first place, which means boosting your immune system
    ~drink alot of H20 daily.
    ~don't drink/do drugs daily/too often
    ~don't smoke cigarettes
    ~no smoking j's with a group of people.
    ~wash hands regularly

But when i get a cold, it usually isn't too bad.
    If it is, I try to rest as much as possible and take some nyquil. that usually works.

15. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

from what i understand there isn't just 1 common cold, there are millions of different strains.
    but once you get 1 you can't get that particular strain again.

my $.02..