The "code" for white people.

JaZe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

" Be conscious of your unearned privilege; We carry around a *backpack of free hook-ups that we have done nothing to earn. From it we extract a set of VIP passes, gold credit cards, universal passports, and blank checks, all of which gives us more power, more open doors, an unfair advantage *(This concept was originated by Peggy Macintosh and is widely used to break down white privilege). Your skin color is an asset in this world. The more you understand this concept that better you will be at negotiating that power and, as much as possible, figuring out a way to end its' unfairness. "

Beyond Stupid "Your skin color is an asset in this world. The more you understand this concept that better you will be at negotiating that power and, as much as possible, figuring out a way to end its' unfairness. "

Okay, so since im white im apparently at a huge advantage . esp in the domain of scoring hip hop related tickets,vip passes etc .. so now that ive suddenly got that going for me (ill try that out at the up coming mf doom show) their asking for me not to take advantage? Lame.

man, i wish people that aren't too bright like this fella would stop being so self-aware to the point of ridiculousness.

You are not so different and unique as to warrant a special 'cool white person' pass.

dude, you call yourself "J-Love" and are attempting to write some sort of "white hip hop fan manifesto." get over yourself and start heeding your own advice.

We come from an ancestry of oppression, who's legacy still lives and breaths in the form of institutionalized racism and countless social and economic injustices. This is what we come from, and that we cannot change. What we can change is what we do about it.

http://home.socal.rr.com/evirus/files/tmyk.jpg'>

Use your skin privilege to benefit the culture; In this world because of your whiteness you have access to almost anything, and you didn't have to do anything to get this access. So use the juice that you have to lend support to the culture, any which way you can.

so because i'm white, i'm to use this "white priviledge" (which is basically him admitting to white superiority, which is wrong) to be a hip hop utility player and fix what "they" cant? "step aside, hip-hop-black-person, i'm WHITE and i'm going to do for you what j-love apparently thinks you cant..."

Stay in the feeling of dis-comfort, for it is in that very feeling that you will find your truth pushing you toward transformation. This is not about feeling guilty.

yes, stay obsessed with your skin color and be sure to talk with your black friends about it. dwell on it as much as possible...embrace your white guilt!

in response to the article i think that as an individual i am ME, not a "white hip hop head". my skin is white, i like hip hop, and dont care about "being down". fuck all that shit that i should be aware of due to my skin color blah blah. ive never gotten into a hip hop show free for being white. i usually just draw a stamp on my hand like everyone else, or i pay my way. my ancestors are not me. i was born with a clean slate, and i form my own opinions and ideals. no one has a choice of who thier ancestors are or where they are born or what color thier skin is. therefore i refuse to be held responsible for what other white people that im not even blood related to did back in the day.

take hip hop for what it is, if you have something to contribute, go for it. it is not a "black" culture. it is not a "white" culture. like it or not it is MULTIcultural, for anyone from anywhere to be a part of. thats what makes it so beautiful. hip hop doesnt judge you, hip hop will except anyone who excepts hip hop. in this culture, the only people who will judge you according to skin color, are ignorant fucks that try and make it a black/white/race thing.

fuck skin color. fuck racism. and fuck that article.

"im on a mission to make the world mulatto" - pigeon john.

*edited for grammar mistakes.

Originally posted by freightlover

so because i'm white, i'm to use this "white priviledge" (which is basically him admitting to white superiority, which is wrong) to be a hip hop utility player and fix what "they" cant? "step aside, hip-hop-black-person, i'm WHITE and i'm going to do for you what j-love apparently thinks you cant..."

hahahaha

directed to kids who dont leave there town and burn mp3 shit off the net and play it around town. never leave the town. bone thugs are the fucfking worst thing ever. ome on. pot smokers are jokers in some areas. yeah man pump that bone thugs while we toke.

wack.

but yeah whats the tpocui about

Archived