Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Church of Body Modification

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by keep, Aug 31, 2001.

1. keep

keep Guest

http://churchofbodymod.com/

id like to see what ppl on here think of this. anyone heard of this? anyone else a member?

[This message has been edited by keep (edited 08-31-2001).]

2. destroy1

destroy1 Member

?????????????????????????????????????? drunk

[This message has been edited by destroy1 (edited 08-31-2001).]

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i dont particularly care for piercings. i think they tend to look gaudy and silly. then again my ears are at a 2 guage and my nose is pierced, so maybe im just being hypocritical. either way, i dont care alot for piercing, forking your tounge or any of that shit, but i am growing a bit of an interest in that fish hook hanging shit. i could honestly see myself getting pretty into that in the future. im completely down with the desire to master your body and break down your threshhold of pain. once youve let go of everything, you hold everything an perhaps i dont need to hang upside down with meat hooks in my back to learn that, but then again, maybe i do...

4. alkaline

alkaline Elite Member

Hey Seeking,
    Are you talking about ritual suspension? I want to do that so bad. I have a pierced lip and my ear lobes are stretched to a 0 gauge. I’ve always been interested by tribal cultures, but I don’t think I would join a “religion” strictly dedicated to body modification.

------------------
    Al
    Stonecutters #1

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yup. im not familiar with the 'proper' term for it, but yeah, thats what im talking about. 'sundance ritual' or whatever they call it. i wouldnt go so far as to say im completely sold on it, but its definitely something im looking forward to finding out more about an perhaps one day trying. youve never lived till you die ya know? i just gotta take it one step at a time...

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

I've got 4g clear spikes.

But it's not really a 'spiritual thing'
    butthen again... neither is house music.

7. alkaline

alkaline Elite Member

amen!

------------------
    Al
    Stonecutters #1

8. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

actually the ritual is supposed to be done with eagles talons that are shoved underneath your pectoriol(sp) muscles(chest) then twiste. once twisted they are attached to a twisted rope and youre then hung

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, but i dont have any eagles talons, so instead i'll use meat hooks, chains, and the same self destrucive adventurism that lead me into the world of self inflicted accupuncture. fuck it, i have fun.

10. please.die

please.die Guest

As much as I enjoy being pierced, I think the whole rites of passage stuff is going to far, in my case. I do enjoy learning about it though, and Iwouldn't rule it out.

11. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! Member

i've had my uvula (the little ball in the back of your throat), my tongue, labret, ears @ 2ga, nipples and belly button.. i eventually had to take my labret and tongue out because they were wearing away my gums. i took my eyelets out because I was sick of people saying "ouch, did that hurt?", took my nipples out because after a year, one started to heal out and i didn't want it to leave a scar, and the uvula was nearly impossible to clean so that came out too.

i think body modification is great in that it's a way to decorate your body, but i can't say i think it does anymore good than it does harm. i think it's silly someone would want to make a religion out of it.

------------------
    PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

why am I not suprised to hear there's a bunch
    of pierced 'freaks' on this fourm?

oh wait.. I'm one of 'em too... when did that happen?

13. keep

keep Guest

ive been looking into suspenshion for a while now, from what ive heard its a very cool experience.

seeking, you might want to look thu this website http://www.suspension.org/ or http://www.iwascurred.com

And the church isnt a religion, its only a church for the freedom and legal power that churches get. If we get enough members it could end discimantion against people with tattoos and piercings.

14. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

jesus fuck, tow. your uvula..... my god thats just scary. ive had tons of stuff done, but its all gone except my tongue. the uvula shit is scary. and that hanging shit reall really scares me, i shudder to think about it. it actually bothers me to the point that id like to hurt peple who do it. its just not human.

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

how come everything is in texas? i guess when they outlawed hanging blacks, they decided to hang themselvs... huh... i'll defanitly do some research though, thanks for links...