1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Celestine Prophecy...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Milton, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

The Celestine Prophecy...

Discussion started by Milton - Jun 6, 2004

I just reread this and was wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on it. Is it supposed to be fact or fiction. Is there an actual "manuscipt"? Anybody shed some light or discuss the topic. Interesting to say the least...

Milton

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Jun 6, 2004

Hi.

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  3. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Jun 6, 2004

Nope never read it... but it seems to be popular among the coffee shop crowd.

What's it about? It's based on a manuscript?

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. jazzy maid

jazzy maid New Jack

jazzy maid - Replied Jun 6, 2004

apparently the guy that wrote it says there is some Aramaic (?) Manuscript it's based on. I've heard it's about how to utilize your aura's energy or something and helping you find the meaning of life which is supposedly stated in that manuscript. I've never read it but enough people that bought the book seem to "obey" these insights as if it were true.

jazzy maid - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. Milton

Milton - Replied Jun 6, 2004

It's basically about a guy that goes on an "adventure" in Peru to look for this ancient manuscript that predicts the next evolution of humankind. His theory is that by increasing the energy fields that surround our bodies and are present in nature we can increase our vibrations at an atomic level a make a jump to a higher conciousness. He believes that this is how the Mayan civilization "dissappeared."

6. Milton

I'm suspicious of people who say they "obey" the insights since that would cause you to literally make your atoms vibrate at a higher frequency...

7. jazzy maid

jazzy maid New Jack

jazzy maid - Replied Jun 6, 2004

i dont know if obey was the word i was looking for, maybe believe? i just remember this lady that told me about it had read it and and would read it all the time like it was a bible or something.

jazzy maid - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra 12oz Senior Member

LaCosaNostra - Replied Jun 6, 2004

the mayans were/are OGs on that spiritual tip..sounds interesting

LaCosaNostra - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Jun 6, 2004

Ok I've heard such things before about mass enlightenment/awakening.
    I don't think it will happen for several reasons.

1) We have been evolving away from this unfortunately with the pineal gland shrinking and the frontal lobes growing.
    2) We are becoming more and more materialistic and empirical, small tribal enclaves and spiritual retreats are systematically being wiped out.
    3) The age of reason and age of enlightenment have come and gone and left science as the victor.
    4) Someones always fucking up the vibe...
    5) The pure religions have been superceded by orthodoxies and institutions more base in intent. (i.e. the church of pergamum a.k.a. the catholic church which essentially commercialized christianity)
    6) The sixties are over man. Counterculture has been hijacked by the Media and made devoid of meaning, thereby crippling popular resistance.
    7) Uhh... I dunno I wanted to put something because I said several.

Oh yeah and the internet was at best supposed to be a vehicle of mass enlightenment, which it has done many good things it is still primarily a tool of propaganda and commercialization.

Is it still the age of aquarius? I know it was in full effect in the sixties but now....

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. Milton

One of the insights is seeing the development of human beings from the "dark ages" to the present as a continuous process of evolution where we settled into the world while we began to study it concretly. But that part of our history is coming to a close as we begin to become aware of somethign that isn't necessarily explainable by science as we know it...

Jazzy,
    I know what you mean, I know people that believe in it completely, I'm up in the air still but I find it interesting.

There are lots of references to the ideas that are in it. I read in an interview that P. Diddy had it in his office and read it from time to time. Also the song "Vibrate" on Andre 3000 is obviously related to the book. Jay Z talked about it on his album cover for black album refering to God as pure energy. Thats all my pop culture references...

Holler...

11. rinse

rinse 12oz Member

rinse - Replied Jun 6, 2004

that shit is wack.
    the author of that book originally wrote a fictional manuscript and let a publisher peep it, mr. publisher told mr. author that the manuscript was hotness but just wasnt marketable enough and urged author to put the manuscript in story format. shortly after said story format was published and made some ca-ching, the authors original fictional manuscript was released. ah yea... clever capitalism.

rinse - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra 12oz Senior Member

LaCosaNostra - Replied Jun 6, 2004

ANNUNAKI

LaCosaNostra - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. <KEY3>

<KEY3> 12oz Veteran Member

<KEY3> - Replied Jun 7, 2004

<KEY3> - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Jun 7, 2004

I've had several people tell me to read it. Whatta you think of it milton?

I'll probably go on ahead and put it on the list.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. rinse

rinse 12oz Member

rinse - Replied Jun 7, 2004

its not a bad story at all. the author does a good job weaving fiction into fact. its the marketing gimick that is wack. i think that a sequel to the story version was released but it is as busted as the manuscript version.
    i think there was also a celestine workbook of some kind. just some more oversaturation for the almighty c-note.

rinse - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: