The Celestine Prophecy...

Milton

I just reread this and was wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on it. Is it supposed to be fact or fiction. Is there an actual "manuscipt"? Anybody shed some light or discuss the topic. Interesting to say the least...

Milton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

apparently the guy that wrote it says there is some Aramaic (?) Manuscript it's based on. I've heard it's about how to utilize your aura's energy or something and helping you find the meaning of life which is supposedly stated in that manuscript. I've never read it but enough people that bought the book seem to "obey" these insights as if it were true.

It's basically about a guy that goes on an "adventure" in Peru to look for this ancient manuscript that predicts the next evolution of humankind. His theory is that by increasing the energy fields that surround our bodies and are present in nature we can increase our vibrations at an atomic level a make a jump to a higher conciousness. He believes that this is how the Mayan civilization "dissappeared."

Ok I've heard such things before about mass enlightenment/awakening.

I don't think it will happen for several reasons.

1) We have been evolving away from this unfortunately with the pineal gland shrinking and the frontal lobes growing.

2) We are becoming more and more materialistic and empirical, small tribal enclaves and spiritual retreats are systematically being wiped out.

3) The age of reason and age of enlightenment have come and gone and left science as the victor.

4) Someones always fucking up the vibe...

5) The pure religions have been superceded by orthodoxies and institutions more base in intent. (i.e. the church of pergamum a.k.a. the catholic church which essentially commercialized christianity)

6) The sixties are over man. Counterculture has been hijacked by the Media and made devoid of meaning, thereby crippling popular resistance.

7) Uhh... I dunno I wanted to put something because I said several.

Oh yeah and the internet was at best supposed to be a vehicle of mass enlightenment, which it has done many good things it is still primarily a tool of propaganda and commercialization.

Is it still the age of aquarius? I know it was in full effect in the sixties but now....

One of the insights is seeing the development of human beings from the "dark ages" to the present as a continuous process of evolution where we settled into the world while we began to study it concretly. But that part of our history is coming to a close as we begin to become aware of somethign that isn't necessarily explainable by science as we know it...

Jazzy,

I know what you mean, I know people that believe in it completely, I'm up in the air still but I find it interesting.

There are lots of references to the ideas that are in it. I read in an interview that P. Diddy had it in his office and read it from time to time. Also the song "Vibrate" on Andre 3000 is obviously related to the book. Jay Z talked about it on his album cover for black album refering to God as pure energy. Thats all my pop culture references...

Holler...

that shit is wack.

the author of that book originally wrote a fictional manuscript and let a publisher peep it, mr. publisher told mr. author that the manuscript was hotness but just wasnt marketable enough and urged author to put the manuscript in story format. shortly after said story format was published and made some ca-ching, the authors original fictional manuscript was released. ah yea... clever capitalism.

its not a bad story at all. the author does a good job weaving fiction into fact. its the marketing gimick that is wack. i think that a sequel to the story version was released but it is as busted as the manuscript version.

i think there was also a celestine workbook of some kind. just some more oversaturation for the almighty c-note.

Originally posted by villain

Ok I've heard such things before about mass enlightenment/awakening.

I don't think it will happen for several reasons.

1) We have been evolving away from this unfortunately with the pineal gland shrinking and the frontal lobes growing.

2) We are becoming more and more materialistic and empirical, small tribal enclaves and spiritual retreats are systematically being wiped out.

3) The age of reason and age of enlightenment have come and gone and left science as the victor.

4) Someones always fucking up the vibe...

5) The pure religions have been superceded by orthodoxies and institutions more base in intent. (i.e. the church of pergamum a.k.a. the catholic church which essentially commercialized christianity)

6) The sixties are over man. Counterculture has been hijacked by the Media and made devoid of meaning, thereby crippling popular resistance.

7) Uhh... I dunno I wanted to put something because I said several.

Oh yeah and the internet was at best supposed to be a vehicle of mass enlightenment, which it has done many good things it is still primarily a tool of propaganda and commercialization.

Is it still the age of aquarius? I know it was in full effect in the sixties but now....

DAMN ... THATS IT ... CANT BE SAID BETTER.

I did enjoy the read though.

Archived