THE Cartooning/ Comic Strip thread.

JoeyLawrence

Does anyone on here draw cartoons? If so lemme see em. No anime or superhero type crap though.

And if so what are some of your favorite comic strips?

my current favorites are:

-maakies

-red meat

-the fusco brothers

-mutts

-zits

-get fuzzy

-overboard

-curtis

-zippy the pinhead

-monty

-pickles

-foxtrot

-pip and norton

-shermans lagoon

-pirahna club

-the quigmans

-monkeyhouse

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to draw cartoons like mad but in the last 10 years the spirit has left me... maybe I'll start a series of stupid quotes off 12oz and imagined characters from that... shit, Tease could be a book!

bloom county, calvin and hobbes, shoe, frank and ernest, rose is rose, mother goose and grimm, farside, the wizard of id... so many other Sunday strips.. and Mad magazine... fester bestertester and karbunkle, captain klutz a/k/a fonebone, any Sergio Aragonese stuff, spy vs. spy...

Originally posted by Smart

I used to draw cartoons like mad but in the last 10 years the spirit has left me... maybe I'll statr a series of stupid quotes off 12oz and imagined characters from that, shit, Tease could be a book!

bloom county, calvin and hobbes, shoe, frank and ernest, rose is rose, mother goose and grimm, farside, the wizard of id... so many other Sunday strips.. and Mad magazine... fester bestertester and karbunkle, captain klutz akak fonebone, any Sergio Aragonese stuff, spy vs. spy,

do you have any stuff youve drawn to post ? you seem to have decent taste in comics.

Originally posted by PopGunWar

do you have any stuff youve drawn to post ? you seem to have decent taste in comics.

sorry, I'd have to go through countless OLD boxes and then take stuff to work to scan, I've moved ALOT in the last 10 years... maybe I'll work on that 12oz angle while I'm on break at work and try to post that...

Guest --zeSto--

I'm suprised that none of the graf-jockeys have mentioned Bode.

I really enjoy a few of the big names like Pirana Club, Get Fuzzy and Beetle!

My 3 fave indy's of all time....

1.) Life In Hell / Akbar and Jeff (used to be an indy)

http://bombaustin.org/humor/Images/piercinghut.jpg'>

----

2.) Red Meat

http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/current/index-1.gif'>

----

3. Derfcity.com

http://www.derfcity.com/n/newtoon2.gif'>

Guest --zeSto--

it'd be a great excuse to bitch and moan!

serious though gnes... let's see some work!

The pics were free flowing a month ago... gimmie some more!

and where's Stoney Blaze ?

Guest Canadiano

CALVIN AND HOBBES

ZITS

SHERMAN'S LAGOON

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE

HEART OF THE CITY

Can anyone tell me what ever happened to Bill Watterson and his Calvin & Hobbes?

derf draws well.

bone is alright, but should not be placed in the comic strip category. (sepecially because jeff smith is a dickhead in real-life.)

and im glad no one mentioned bode. vaughn and mark both suck.

life in hell is a great strip.

i cant believe no one has mentioned krazy kat or pogo or anything along those lines. the katzenjammer kids was an awesome strip too.

Originally posted by Canadiano

CALVIN AND HOBBES

ZITS

SHERMAN'S LAGOON

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE

HEART OF THE CITY

Can anyone tell me what ever happened to Bill Watterson and his Calvin & Hobbes?

good lord...heart of the city sucks sooo bad...the rest of your pics are propper.

bill watterson quit the strip in december of 1999 to pursue "other ventures." (He has been trying to make music and paint.)

Archived