the CANDIRU worm (if you swim in the ocean you better look)

Guest Good Morning Captain

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i haven't heard about those things in the ocean.

don't pee in the amazon. those things are attracted to pee and then burrow right up in your jimmy or cooch notch. supposedly they do a number on some hippos and rhinos and shit.

fuck that shit. how the hell does something like that exist? jesus fuck. we're all going to die... pretty soon some shit will evolve into a leech that attatches to the head of your penis and slowly turns your reproductive system inside out... so when you finally detach it, your testicles will roll out onto the floor..

dont you people ever ask questions?

Stop looking at something and automatically thinking its true....

I seriously doubt those things target men's genitals... i dont exactly see WHY it would target that one area.

Unless you can show me evidence that that wasnt just a random event, i have problems believing there are penis loving sea creatures out there...

its not in the ocean, its in the amazon river

On 28 October 1997, one of us (Samad) attended a 23-year-old man from the town of Itacoatiara on the Amazon River who sought medical attention with obstruction of the urethra, having been attacked by a candirú. Prior to being attended, the patient remained untreated for three days and was only administered medication for pain. By the fourth day the patient presented with fever, intense pain, scrotal edema [swelling of the scrotum], and extreme abdomen distention from urine retention. Surgical removal of the fish was considered, but rejected in favor of endoscopy [insertion of a TV-equipped tube into the urethra]. The patient was anesthetized with 5% lidocain and the procedure was performed. The fish was grasped using an alligator-clip attachment on the endoscope and removed in one piece. Fortunately the fish was dead, and decay was beginning to soften its tissues. Tension on the spines had relaxed in death, and they no longer gripped. Had the candirú been alive, its removal would have been more difficult and resulted in greater trauma to the patient. The fish penetrated the victim's urethra while he was standing in the river urinating, actually emerging from the water and entering his penis, filling the entire anterior urethra [emphasis added]. He reported trying to grab hold of the fish, but it was very slippery, and it forced its way inside with alarming speed. The candirú's forward progress was blocked by the sphincter separating the penile urethra from the bulbar urethra. With the passage blocked, the fish had made a lateral turn and bitten through the tissue into the corpus spongiosum, creating an opening into the scrotum. Perfusion [flushing] of the urethra with sterile distilled water prior to endoscopy induced further immediate and pronounced scrotal edema, making it evident that the opening had allowed the perfusate to enter the scrotum. Although the patient had remembered the fish as being small, after extraction it measured 134 mm (51/2 in) [long], with a head width of 11.5 mm (7/16 in). . . . Some coagulated material was removed, revealing a wound on the bulbar urethra of 1 cm in diameter and associated with a small amount of local bleeding. Although the patient suffered immediate trauma, no long term effects of the attack were noticed 1 year after the incident.

no such luck When, but swiming in the ocean is kosher, it's mostly a fresh water fish, mainly found in brackish waters, if you're in solid salt water then you don't have to sweat it... as far as I know, those are also mainly in the Amazon and in the rivers of Africa, but ?...

Archived