The 'Broken Headphones Suck' Thread

Scrabble

GOD DAMNIT!

Do the wires in you headphones ever break and the sound in one, or even both ears stop working? Youre thinking, 'yeah, but I dont make a thread about it'...

IM SO ANGRY!

I used to go through 3 or 4 headphones a year. The wires broke, I got new ones.

But maybe a year ago I got those Magical Bose Noise Cancelling Quiet Comfortable Awesome Headphones 5000. Im told they costed 2 or 300 dollars..(No, I dont spend that kind of shit on headphones, They were a gift from awesome uncle who never used them)...and were supposed to last. NOW THEYRE BROKEN!

yeah, youre thinking, 'you didnt pay for them, why do you care?'

We bonded over that year. He was perfect. My best friend.

No one compared.

This thread sucks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

headphones are a scam. i used to go thru about two pairs of mid priced ones a year (dj'ing).... and then i said fuck it, i'll get the good/expensive ones. those bitches broke in the same spot as all the others.

for just listening those Sony MDR-EX51LP Fontopia Headphones (earbuds) sound great. not many part to break... good price $35

headphones....

time to run down the clock..............

i got the player...it was cool...but the headphones sucked....they were made for giant elephant ears....

http://img.dell.com/images/global/products/dj/dj_front_award_100x100.jpg'>

so i got these, cus i heard they were the best from reviews in PC Magazine...i heard no bass...or i wasnt shovin them in far enough..

http://images.apple.com/ipod/images/access_inearbuds01062004.jpg'>

so now i got these...the bass is good, but the highs arent really there, and a train ride gives me all the outside noise...so i might go back to the apple inearbuds again...and them Sonyfontopia ones sucked.i tried em...unless i wasnt shovin them in far enough also....???

http://images.apple.com/ipod/images/access_remotebuds01062004.jpg'>

overall there are no perfect earphones....cept them big ol Bose ones that look like two giant plastic blue tea cups on your ears...

http://www.bose.com/images/home_entertainment/products/p_triport_m_gb.jpg'>

I'm feeling this thread.

I can't crank my music often due to roommate/neighbor issues, so I rely on headphones.

The padding always disintegrates first.

Then the woofers blow, one ear at a time, forcing me to turn down or off the bass.

Then the bass problem gets worse, forcing me to reduce the volume or get that whapping noise.

And listening to Slayer at low volume with nothing but treble purely sucks.

I need new headphones.:hatred::beat2::cry2::nope:

these bose ones didn't break on me...but they were $150.00....a step down from the noise canceling ones.

i read all kinds of reviews on these triport ones,

all saying the metal band would break in the middle.

i got scared and took em back before they did me over

or else i would be making

this "broken headphones suck" thread...

^^that must suck, *vanity, espcially if you wanted to draw or write or do anything for that matter.

i used some epoxy to fix mine... shit has worked pretty damn good so far.

and anger.. i can't believe you said those sony's sucked for you... you got to get that shit in there... feels funny for the first few times but cool after that

i think pmb has those shures... theres a thread somewhere.

http://www.thetravelinsider.info/imagesold/qc1.jpg'>

These are what mine looked like

You cant just get new ones. These have dropped in price because the Quiet Comfort 2 came out. So I think theyre 200 or 250 bucks now. Shit!

And you cant just get cheap ones, because every thing else you get sounds like shit, and arent as comfortable. Its hard to adjust to that again.

Re: Re: headphones....

Originally posted by Swiffer Jet

nomadawhat: Do you use the Sony MDR-700s?

yeah... and i actually may give sony one more shot with that model. i think my pair was actually defective. the swivel joint would get out of position and stick causing to much resistance when i pulled them off and finally...snap. of course after any warranty period.

the sound is nice... but i wouldn't use them as daily listeners.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by nomadawhat

headphones are a scam. i used to go thru about two pairs of mid priced ones a year (dj'ing)....

someone eelse who knows my pain!

i get really pissed off when this shit happens. more often than not its the sound going in one ear which really fucks you up - esp. if your halfway through a set.

once, i was djing at a club and first my headphones broke, then the replacement went, so i ended up using crappy in-ear walkman headphones. it was unbelievably hard to monitor whats going on.

one word though: Sensenheiner.

this problem affects me also, i like the ones Sony makes that fit inside your ear. recently the left side stopped working, unless i shook it in a certain way, pushed the wire inside the earphone, and tilted me head up. so i bought some new Phillips headphones of a similair style, because the store i went to only had a few different types. but, these headphones suck. the sound sucks, they're hard to put on my ears, and they're uncomfortable. i have to push them into my ears to improve the sound, which hurts.

yeah.. i tried to rig em up... even used a hanger to build a sort of brace for them, hot glued 2 braces on it... and duct taped it... it lasted about 3 hours, then it caved to one side... still wearable.. then, within 2 days, it fell apart. repair doesn't even cost that much, but i don't have much dough

Re: Re: Re: headphones....

Originally posted by nomadawhat

yeah... and i actually may give sony one more shot with that model. i think my pair was actually defective. the swivel joint would get out of position and stick causing to much resistance when i pulled them off and finally...snap. of course after any warranty period.

the sound is nice... but i wouldn't use them as daily listeners.

Yikes. I use them as daily's. Well...not anymore. My younger brother uses it for late-night computing though. Damn FPS fanatic.

• 10 months later...

my second or third pair of sony mdr-j10s just took a shit, one side quit working. these and the mdr-w08ls have the best sound quality of any headphones i've used, and they're the type that go inside your ear which i like. anyone have suggestions on this type of headphone? yes, Slayer on these shitty headphones that came with a tape player isn't so great.

Archived