The Big Debate on Thursday

Weapon X

Yeah, I'm not to educated on the matter yet. I'll probably just wait to see it on Thursday. But I think this one has to do with security.

I know Kerry and Bush have only certain topics they can discuss, but I sure hope Kerry's people negotiated well, and that Kerry can fuck that stupid motherfucker up.

I'm actually more psyched to see this than I was to see Clinton's little speech at the DNC.

It's early in the morning...bear with me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

these debates are bullshit

first off

kerry tried to get dubya to do a townhall style debate, dubya refused..

i watched a special on PBS about the debates over the weekend while i was hacking up my lungs.

the league of women voter used to sponsor the debates.

that ended after a serious gaffe by the first Bush in a debate featuring audience member questions.

after he fucked himself up, the parties started wanting to control the debates.

they did away with the league of women voters by pissiing them off to the point that the league refused to sponsor another deabte so as not to be a party to "the hoodwinking of the american people"

after that, the "commision on presidential debates" was created.

these assholes have the audacity to claim that they are non-partisan when in fact, the organization is HEADED by the director of the republican party, and the director of the democratic party

then, they got together to agree to these astoundingly inane terms, which boil the "debate" down to nintey second voiceovers for the candidates..

they are not allowed to adress each other directly, they pick the moderator and questioners , thus giving themselves a great idea of what the questions will be, they eliminated the audience questions, or made those questions pre-selected, and turn off the mics after the person has completed the question.

the debates are also corporate sponsored.

the people who attend them are clients of these big companies (like anheuser-busch) and the companies get to promote their products at the debates !!

fucking ridiculous!!

this country is RUN by corporations!!!

read all about it...

http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/debates.html

Originally posted by Weapon X

physical...that is the real question. who would win? in a fist fight, that is. I think Kerry. He's a hockey player.

yo come on, as much as i cant stand the guy, W would win in a fist fight. he is an authientic texas cowboy... he probably eats briskit for breakfast, wipes his ass with cow hide, and could lasso and hog tie kerry in 7.024 seconds (thats a texas state record right thar'). meanwhile kerry would be squealin' like a pig. yeeeehaawwww mother suckers.

dont mess with the lone star.

I heard about Bush refusing the town hall style debates. I didn't realize just how deep the corruption went though. So now we are going to have more generic sound bites instead of live, real, spontaneous character. Fucking wonderful.

Kerry has been challenging Bush to debates practically since the campaign started.

The fucking media needs to stop coddling Bush. Do your fucking jobs. Myself or the average american hasn't the time to police up all this bullshit.

I'm PCSing to 4th ID soon. Which means that I have a 99.99999999% chance of deploying to Iraq. The last thing I need is to die for a lie.

Wrong.

Originally posted by casekonly

yeah, yeah, but a vote for nader might mean the green party gets funding next time around.

DUDE. I've explained this previously ...

I did the same thing in 2000 - voted for Nader to attempt to get him 5% of the national vote, thus ensuring his federal funding in 2004, thus leading to a legitimate third party and more representation of my actual views. But that was 2000. This is 2004.

Nader has not been endorsed by the Green Party. He is NOT the candidate of the Green Party [they are running David Cobb]. Nader is an INDEPENDENT candidate [which explains why he's having such a hard time getting on many state's ballots - hell, you might want to check if he's on the ballot in your state]. If he gets 5% (which he will not), it will not give the Green Party any federal funding. Nader is not party-building this time around.

So there goes your rationale.

A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush.

Originally posted by rinse

yo come on, as much as i cant stand the guy, W would win in a fist fight. he is an authientic texas cowboy... he probably eats briskit for breakfast, wipes his ass with cow hide, and could lasso and hog tie kerry in 7.024 seconds (thats a texas state record right thar'). meanwhile kerry would be squealin' like a pig. yeeeehaawwww mother suckers.

dont mess with the lone star.

That is the most assinine thing I've ever heard.

You're a dumb bitch, Kerry's the baby-killer war veteran. Motherfucker would get a Vietnam flashback and burn down Crawford in a napalm raid before bush could say "pro-life."

Seriously though, the rules for these things fucking suck, the candidates aren't allowed to ask each other questions and the moderators are full of shit.

Kerry better whip W's ass.

...i know i'm plannin on sittin in front of the tv with a twelve pack and some nachos that night...

...and bush isn't even from texas...he's just as much of a east coast rich kid as kerry is...his accent is fuckin fake as hell...kerry could definately take him in a fight...he's got the reach and height advantage...although i bet bush would fight dirty like a girl...

...unless you live in a state that is absolutely going to be giving it's electoral votes to bush...voting for nader won't accomplish much...and even then all you're really doing is saying that you neither support bush or kerry...you might as well just write yourself in...