1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Beatles..your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ceasroni, Mar 26, 2002.

1. ceasroni

ceasroni 12oz Member

The Beatles..your thoughts?

Discussion started by ceasroni - Mar 26, 2002

All time trippiest band ever? Has to be up there! You cant get any better than A Day In the Life, I Am the Walrus, Strawberry, Lucy, So on and so on. What are your favorites? Talk shit about them, go ahead..i dont give a fuck! Has there been trippier bands? Do you think this type of music will ever make a comeback? I def think there at the top of the list though. This is the type of music i draw to, others are Floyd, Hendrix, Zepplin..ok im done :dazed:

ceasroni - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

vinyl junkie - Replied Mar 26, 2002

there's a song by the meatmen... it's called 1 down 3 to go... one of the repeating lines is: "fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck the beatles"... i like that song a lot...

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. ceasroni

ceasroni 12oz Member

ceasroni - Replied Mar 26, 2002

sounds exciting :D

ceasroni - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. War

War New Jack

War - Replied Mar 26, 2002

HE SHOOTS COCA COLA~

War - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. -sudz-

-sudz- Guest

-sudz- - Replied Mar 27, 2002

i think that Rocky Raccoon is the best song, also, its their only song that i like alot.

6. beard

beard Guest

beard - Replied Mar 27, 2002

beatles are the best band in history. there is no close second either.

theyre definitely trippy, but its more of a trippy that everyone can listen to and get down.

phish, grateful dead, ozric tentacles. THOSE are trippy bands. you get picked up from your seat and placed in a nother area code when listening to these groups.

7. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

willy.wonka - Replied Mar 27, 2002

what about THE MONKEY's MONKEES...

8. Wilt

Wilt Guest

Wilt - Replied Mar 27, 2002

without the beatles music wouldn't be what it is today.by the way..beatles did acid for the first time in the same house jimmi hendrix had his first sexual experience also where the red hot chilli peppers recorded blood sugar sex magik.

9. cocaine mustache

cocaine mustache New Jack

cocaine mustache - Replied Mar 27, 2002

the beatles were, hands down, the best band in the world when they were on drugs.

cocaine mustache - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Mar 27, 2002

It's The Monkees dammit.

I dig Strawberry Fields alot, and a few others. Kinda feeling some Lennon stuff too like
    Imagine one of the best songs ever.
    Beautiful Boy about his son being born. pretty song. I can see myself listening to that song everynight watching Little Pistol sleep at night.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. nocalfr8tr

nocalfr8tr 12oz Member

nocalfr8tr - Replied Mar 27, 2002

Strawberry Fields Forever

nocalfr8tr - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. avils

avils 12oz Senior Member

avils - Replied Mar 27, 2002

i've got doubles of most of their records coz my folks had em and i've come up with some pretty ill juggles for them.. that's not like disrespectful is it ?

avils - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. jah

jah 12oz Elite Member

jah - Replied Mar 27, 2002

beatles are fuckin tight.

jah - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Mar 27, 2002

The Beatles are the best, most influential band EVER. Period. Without them we still would be listening to all that shitty fifties music. Once they started doing drugs, they expanded their sound, becoming mor psychedelic and trippy, but that doesn't mean their earlier stuff is of less quality and importance. My parents own every single Beatles album, on both vinyl and CD. Hands down the greatest band of all time.

I would have to say that Pink Floyd are the trippiest band of all time. The Beatles kind of disguised their drug references, to the point where old ladies would listen to it and think it was a nice song. Pink Floyd are just fucked up, probably because they were all acid heads.......

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Dirty Dozen Crew

Pilau Hands - Replied Mar 27, 2002

the beatles were fucking harsh!

not a lot of groups that can hold a candle to the beatles, in terms of musical talent and impact.

Pilau Hands - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages: