the BARBERSHOP...

Guest --zeSto--

Guest --zeSto--
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My old barber was straight up gangster. Raiders all over the place. Old vets would go get there haircuts and beards trimmed up. The place I go to know is full of older Mexican women. They got the cheapest prices and I need that to get fades every week. My little nephew goes to this other G'd up barber. All the guys in there are like old vet's learned the craft in prison. They do straight razor and everything.

By the way I forget some of you might not know vet's is short for veteranos which is basically like an older guy that either still is or used to be a gangster.

Guest --zeSto--

last time I was at Corrado's... ( my barber )

2 of the guys from the Barenaked Ladies were there too.

So I'm like...

"Ey Corrado... when did you become barber to the stars?"

and he says...

"Those guys ain't stars... now Frankie (he points to a pic of Sinatra),

that's a star! And that mug... (points to a pic of Sly Stalone),

they're stars... who the fuck are these guys? ( points to the Barenaked Ladies)."

now that's fame!

• 11 months later...

FUCK YES SOME ONE ELSE IS IN TO BARBERSHOPS! I won't AND MEAN WON'T get my hair cut from any one else .I will wait for my man Slavko to finish even if his daughther has no one in the chair. I get free cuts on christmas and give him a 20 tip and tell him NOT to throw that in the till, we look at girls and he gives me the down low on the strip now that my famila "got" theres and moved away from the not so nice area. Nothing bad ever happens to this mans store and why? cause nigga has the whole blocks respect.He tells all that come in while I'm there about the hard working boy in the chair and how much my hair grows and all the old men tell me never to lose the fire in my eye or the hair on my head.

I used to go to my man Joe but he got old and went crazy so I had to move on it hurt him so much to to be able to cut hair.He gave me my first cut and EVEN GAVE MY DAD HIS first cut after moving to the area 30 years ago.

I really really want to open a 50's style shop have all my homies hanging out on the stoop listening to oldies.Zest lets do this seriously I need a biznassss partna!

Originally posted by EL_PIKUDO

TRUE THAT PISTOL..

I GET MY FAID...EVERY FRIDAY..

ITS KIND OF A HIGH PRICE WHER I GO..

$8..BUCKS..A..FAID..

ITS ALL GOOD......AT LEAST SHE DOESNT FUCK IT UP

FOR THE PAST....3 WEEKS...IVE GOTTEN IT FOR FREE..

SINCE I PAINTED HER WALLL.

SAVED ME A FEW BUCKS....

IT... ANNOYS

ME WHEN YOU...TALK

LIKE....THIS

..IS IS SO.

.DISJOINTED.

AND YOU ALSO SPELLED FADE WRONG...

.............PARTY

you know how it goes !

I heard that it's now against some bullshit healthcode to get a barbers liscence

for the straight razor. Only the okd guys doing it now are allowed to use the razor,

and all the new people have to use trimmers for your neck and ears.

I mean I pay for the razor, dont skimp with the clip.

and my guy is retiring in 5 more years.

THEN WHAT ?? there's no fucking way I'm going to start paying $60 to let

some queerdo try to give me bangs. not a fucking chance! I'll just have to

marry and old world european girl who knows how to do it herself!

i love barbershops. i have my spots in all the east coast cities.

in ny, i go to astor, which is basically just a fade factory, but all of the barbers have skills.

the place i have the most love for is this little spot called raheim's- won't say where it is... but it's just a family affair. bet on in the corner, booger eater kids coming in to get candy, 2 out of the 3 barbers usually fuck you up (one has skills), haha... but it just feels right. i'd go with 3 or 4 friends and waste a few hours.

when i lived in DR, dudes would use the straight razor to shape up... i'd always be checking the procedures, because you don't wanna catch a case of SIDA, nahmean?

Originally posted by EL_PIKUDO

TRUE THAT PISTOL..

I GET MY FAID...EVERY FRIDAY..

ITS KIND OF A HIGH PRICE WHER I GO..

$8..BUCKS..A..FAID..

ITS ALL GOOD......AT LEAST SHE DOESNT FUCK IT UP

FOR THE PAST....3 WEEKS...IVE GOTTEN IT FOR FREE..

SINCE I PAINTED HER WALLL.

SAVED ME A FEW BUCKS....

8 bucks?!?!?! thats all that isn't high . i used to pay 15.. when i used to get my fade by a barber it was a razor fade up to a 2 i used to get that every week i havent in about 2 months im trying so hard to let it grow for a blowout but whenever i see someone with a fade i miss that shit....i feel so dirty....... the past years i made a mistake of letting brazer women cut my hair but um yeah... got to a a barber fuck tha salon barbers cut your hair so precise.....

oh yeah and for a while i made the mistake of cutting it myself for a year or two and letting my friends ...i would get a 1 to a 3 then 0 to a 2 then finally razor to a 2 ....my dumbass cousin goes every 3 days for his fade razor to a 1 you cant even tell its faded ...what a dipshit...waste of money

missin that alcohol burn after the razor...

i go to my neighborhood barbershop.....where you see the same old guys every week....and, the same haircut ..... combed to the back with either a razor fade to just trimmed ....and, everyone waits for the same barber...the owner....he's an older Mexican guy with all his kids working for him........i've been going to this place since i was a kid ...and don't see that changing.

i just went to get my hair cut, and i walked in an my normal barber wasnt there. so i was like mm alright ill give this new kid a go, sat in the chair and he started, he was doing fine until the side burns came , he took the biggest chunk out of my hair, just above the ear part. looks so dumb, like i asked him to do it.

lesson i learnt today: dont try new barbers, the suck!

• 1 month later...

Archived