The Bar or Not the Bar

ThKillerInMe

i dont care if a thread like this has been started already im new to this shit.

sometimes i hate painting the bar or super type ridgey shit. but on the good side when you paint the bar your shit will never get stamped.

NOW on the other hand i feel like if you gonna take the bar then go right over it, not above it day time or not. above the bar is weak girly shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this is in the wrong forum.........

but anyhow ......anyone who bitches about the bar is a fucking retard , yes flat cars are the shizznzzle , but if you get stuck with the bar then suck it up , its really not that much harder , get some can control .

Guest MONSTERKIDZ

you know what..

i used to always and i mean always paint the bar, doors whatever..

but now after 10 years of doing freights ill stick with the left panel

and let the new jacks struggle with the bar..

and if i do the right panel ill go above the bar

what do i care about some idiot kid complaining that

i didnt paint the bar...f him

Guest Wilt

it doesn't really matter to me..yes i prefer the left side...i like the door too sometimes...when i get the bar..i like to paint under it sometimes...it looks coo.:crazy:

Guest TrustEvil

the only thing i'll say about this is that those people out there who paint the right panel with the bar, yet they don't actually paint the bar (ie: they paint up to the bar, skip it and then continue their piece underneath the bar) need to be shot...that shit looks fucking half-ass, you might as well just do a fucking floater rather than giving up because its too much effort to paint the bar and match up those lines....blah blah blah.

Guest L.RonHubbard

yea you just made up that part about the piece not getting stamped. And the bar is wack, but i wont hesitate to catch wreck on it. I actually dont prefer flat cars, because too many of them are ugly colors and designs. Im not feelin the brown CRAIl flats and CN flats, they llook to plain. BUt on flats by CSX, BAR, Solid Gold, and whatever else has a funky fresh desing im loving it. I like the IC Flats too. Oh yea, but the bar, the bar is wack. word.

Guest krowteN

BARPHOBIA

i watch a lot of trains and i see a lot of barphobia. painting on the bar is bass ackward. 3 reasons: if the door is open 2 or 3 times the paint is going to get scraped off anyway. when the paint on the bar is put into the piece it only looks decent in a straight on flick, and motherfuck a flik, fliks are for pussies. third its just a waste of paint, paint you could be tagging or busting thro ups with. the cure for barphobia is to just paint around that shit. once you master that you'll fght for the bar side.

now you wanna be hardcore, paint over the numbers just because.

Back when I used to care about this topic, I would have quoted Aserine. Now I'm like whatever. I have seen bar pieces where people painted it, dodged it but painted behind it to the bottom, and dodged it by floating, and in all three categories there were some dope and some wack-looking. When I do the bar side I go to the bottom and on the bar, and fuck it if it doesn't line up from an angle. If I can't get the good panel I often choose a door over the bar, and I paint the below-the-bar section of the door area. I only float when it's a loading dock or other high-standing vantage point, and then I make sure the style is one that floats OK, usually by adding drips, icicles or stalactites or a suitable cloud.

But like I said I don't care about this anymore, so do whatever feels good.

Guest rolldafukout

fuck a bar, i like how people go around them, it's funny looking, i tried it once but it didnt feel right!

so i got with it and payed attention to bars since i read this a few weeks ago and decided that i kind of like pieces that actually have bottoms. with bar pieces (not bar like train, bar like straight letter) you can get a some extra flavor in there that you lose with bottomless shit.

i never knew that shit was looked down apon till i came on here... how'd that shit come about? did some guy everyone looks up to talk shit about it in an interview or something ?

ladders are more fucked up than bars if you ask me, and fuck that piece of wood in the middle of panels that paint will never cover even if you coat it 10 times. and dont get me started on those big ass pipes and wheels on the doors. and fuck the hopper hump.

I really like door peices. I think the texture provided on the 'canvas' is priceless. Besides, painting flat stuff is easy, challenges are all love. The whole thing about the bar is if you float your peice, then do a good job. Me, im all about ruckus, that includes the bar. Adds a integrity to the painting. But, my freinds whos styles rock mine doesnt even fuck with the bar. Why did I post this?

Guest krowteN

DONT NEED NO FLOATERATION

floating pieces suck. if you want to do a floating piece go paint a wall. theres an unoffical rule of painting trains that says the bottoms should be open off the bottom most part of the car. ive sinned and done a couple of floaters in my early days but i learned quick that floating pieces on trains are just gay...thats like outlining the tops of a t2b.

if you wann gettechnical a floater is a thro-up on a subway they hangs between the doors and the wndows.

Guest mike tyson

all you dudes are faggots. crying about painting some sissy bar, or pole, or hump, or floating your piece.

lemme kick some knowledge here...

YOU ARE ALL GAY.

float your piece, paint the bar, have your piece upside down coming from the top right ladder to the lower left ladder. paint with a flamethrower, make monsters coming from the wheels to eat your piece...do what the fuck you want.

all these "rules and regulations" of freight painting are GAY. 1st kid that i hear crying about bars and floaters and going over streaks gets his ear bitten off. nobody fresh gives a fuck about this sissy-bitch crap.

go paint some graffiti and quit rubbing your swollen vaginas.

Guest Dr. Doom
Originally posted by rolldafukout

it's funny looking, i tried it once but it didnt feel right!

It's okay homey!! Pitch next time instead of catching!!

It's different that way!! More manly!!;)

Guest TrustEvil

i'm with the flaming gay homo boxer mike tyson on this one....there is no crying in graffiti....

and the comment made by krowteN about floaters being gay and some rule that fr8 burners need to be bottom up proves to me that this toy obviously hasn't figured out how to finish the bottom of his letters, thus he can't do a floater....poor kid....NEXT!

Originally posted by krowteN

floating pieces suck. if you want to do a floating piece go paint a wall.

That's bullshit. Floating pieces look alright long as they're BIG . Big pieces always look much better than sissy ass 3 foot long panels.

Originally posted by TrustEvil

and the comment made by krowteN about floaters being gay and some rule that fr8 burners need to be bottom up proves to me that this toy obviously hasn't figured out how to finish the bottom of his letters, thus he can't do a floater....poor kid....NEXT!

:eek: man you have no idea who or what you are talking about... so chill out!:lol:

Guest TrustEvil

oh, i'm sorry....is he some famous graffiti writer that i should have respect for and look up to and all that shit...fuck you dude...i'm far too old and far to intelligent to be kissing any graffiti writers ass, be it Seen or some new jack from idaho....the real issue is, if he's so damn knowledgeable and important and all that crap, then why does he make ignorant comments like "there is an unofficial rule of painting trains that says the bottoms should be open..." or "i learned quick that floating pieces on trains are just gay"...sorry, did i miss the unofficial rules of graffiti newsletter ? THERE ARE NO FUCKING RULES....there is common sense and respect, but its graffiti, so you get to do what you want, unless some dumb ass is paying you to paint his bedroom or barn....the funniest thing is i hardly even paint floaters, but i am fully capable and i don't think they are gay...but i'm starting to think you might be.

Archived