Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The backpacking thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by T.T Boy, Jun 17, 2002.

1. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

ok, im sure a whole bunch of you have gone backpacking somewhere around this world. now heres a thread where you could share some tips for the people who plan on backpacking this summer. good hostels, good places to eat for cheap how to eat for cheap and things like that.

2. Wilt

Wilt Guest

good call for a thread...im going to germany in about 7-8 months....munich..im actually moving there...but i want to live cheap...anyone have any ideas?

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

this wont seem so exotic for you TT...

But I used to go to Banff every summer for 6 years backpacking.
    There's nothing like being up in those mountains.
    Jasper, Kannasikis (sp), Assinaboine (sp again)

stolen from Skyline Hikers of the Canadian Rockies
    (the group we'd go with!

http://www.skylinehikers.ca/action2001.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.skylinehikers.ca/scenery2001.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.skylinehikers.ca/wildlife2001.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.skylinehikers.ca/panorama2001.jpg'>

4. i used to backpack alot in when i was in china and sometimes in california too. hooray for me!

5. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

stay away from Petawawa, Ontario. That's what I've heard, anyway.

6. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Backpacking across Europe has always been a dream of mine. Hopefully by next year it will become a reality...

I used to have a bunch of good websites for this kind of stuff cuz I was planning it out but I lost them......

7. ana

ana Junior Member

Stay away from Hostelling International (HI) hostels. They segregate guys and girls, don't allow booze, are stricter on drugs, and just plain not as fun. Independant hostels are great. If you're planning to go to Europe, www.hostelseurope.com is great. THe Kabul in Barcelona is great, in a sketchy loc but hey getting offered crack, pot, hash, heroin, mush in the span of 5 mins is an experience to be lived. THe Aloha or 3 ducks in Paris are good too.
    For packing-pack light. You're going to be walking with it for amazingly long amounts of time. You need at the max 3 days worth of clothes.
    HEy starter of this thread-are you travelling alone, with someone? Where are ya off to?

8. avils

avils Senior Member

maybe when you're over in europe you'll run into my ex girl... then you could fuck the bitch and try and stick it to her ass coz i could never get anything besides my finger to fit up there.. stupid h0.

bye.

9. blame

blame Junior Member

theres really good hostels here in australia....free net access, free noodles $25 aussie dollars a night thats like $12.50 US

email me if your intrested

10. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

thanks. im going across europe. im travelling alone, but staying witha few friends there. ive heard bad things about hostels in paris. maybe ill have to peep the kabul.

11. ana

ana Junior Member

Email me if you want some more info...

Super, super important thing that I regret I didn't do...make sure you've figured out what/why you're doing this for (for art, to find yourself, to party etc...)
    Oh and bring condoms, they're damn expensive and sketchy in certain parts..

12. JoeyLawrence

JoeyLawrence New Jack

hehe that last reply made me blush.

13. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

thanks, i think i will email you shortly im tired as fuck and not making sense,

14. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

Too awsome!

I'm moving to Spain in 2005.. not really backpacking.. but renting out cheap villas maybe.. for a couple of months only... probably find a day job for beer money at night. What are some good tips for Spain?

I'm thinking Madrid.. or Leon... maybe even Barcelona...

15. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo Member

I just spent 5 weeks in Europe. I didn't stay in any hostels tho, but I found some decent deals at two-stars and bed and breakfasts. Once I got on the road I realised I didn't need half the stuff I took with me, and some things were just uncomfortable for travelling. So pack sensibly.

Here's a tip: The only places that have real absinthe are in Spain and Portugal, and maybe Prague. I was out of luck because I didn't go to any of those places. Oh well, next time. I settled for absinthe liqueur in Paris, which is still hard to get, and doesn't have the hallicinagenic properties. I think London is a good place to get absinthe as well.

Being vegetarian (which I am) is sort of a pain in Euroland, but there are many rewards as well - like the fresh produce, olive oil and breads. And you can't get enough of those pomme frites!

If you skate, you best be going to Marseille. I can tell you a place to stay there that's cheap and not a hostel. It's a room above a latin jazz bar, where the owner speaks english. Only a skip from the skate park. If you skate, and are going to south of france, email me, and I tell you more places to go. Barcelona is known to be EXCELLENT!

The showers suck, and most of all, the drinking water is gross. Always buy bottled at supermarkets for the best deal. If you ask for water in a cafe, they give you bottled mineral water and charge you up the ass.