Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Babble

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by Al Green, Jun 21, 2003.

1. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Elite Member

No joke. I felt I was resurrecting some really ancient ish with that photography link. I always love the babble for giving me sight at the stuff I dont stumble across. Ive been looking but so much has not been Babble worthy as of late. Although Im down to 1 screen instead of two and got so used to have netflix on one and surfing on the other....hard to do both with one these days.

2. japillahan

japillahan Senior Member

[​IMG]

"Elephants"
    Adonna Khare; carbon pencil

3. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Elite Member

http://beautifuldecay.com/2012/12/02/the-dance-of-undressing/?fb_action_ids=3893818028394&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%223893818028394%22%3A464563586935675}&action_type_map={%223893818028394%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map=[]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

5. EliAlibi

EliAlibi Member

6. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Elite Member

Ok so some might not think this is "art" but it certainly is artistic. My mother for the past tens years has been making 3gs a month selling doll clothes that she makes for ebay...now etsy. Shes not one of the lunatics that plays with dolls etc. She sees it as straight business. Been featured in a magazine etc. Anyways, for quite some time she has followed this one dude Noel Cruz. He does Original One of a Kind (OOAK) repainted doll faces/bodies. His work is ridiculously good and he makes ridiculous money doing it. If you check just for the month of december hes already made 11 grand off repainting dolls. He mainly repaints movie celebrity stuff. So heres some of his stuff.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my favorite....i dont even know who this guy is but the copy is so dope. Although next to the rest of the other celebs this one sold for the least amount.

[​IMG]

http://www.ncruz.com/

Pet likes this.
  7. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

8. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

9. Schnitzel

Schnitzel Dirty Dozen Crew

[​IMG]

archibald prize ( australia's top portrait prize i think)

[​IMG]
    winner
    [​IMG]
    Pakers prize ( chosen by the guys who hang the paintings)

just a thread bump along with a wes wilson image for good measure

10. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Elite Member

I wish this thread would have a better flow of updates. Anyways, shifted gears this week to the clay world so heres some ceramic artists. Its funny out of a lot of artists its the Ceramists that are hard to find blogs, portfolio sites, etc for. Mainly becauses theyre usually crazy old guys that dont give a crap about computers n what not.

This guy had me buying some under glazes and an airbrush setup recently. Not to copy his style but reminded me of an old approach I never attempted. So yeah.

Jim Kemp
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I think that many in the art world are pushing new styles to create and explore new ideas. Yet, the clay world which is so stuck because its guided and ruled by science and chemistry there are those that really take huge leaps and create the amazing. Plus the fact that there an enormous amount of variables involved in certain outcomes you just never really know. I love that personally. Opening a kiln is like unwrapping a present and seeing a shiny toy or finding nothing but underwear. Anyways Helen Gilmour everybody! She knits traditional forms and uses balloons to keep their shape then dips them over and over in a clay slip (liquid clay). Upon firing they cotton burns off and what is left is a clay knitted form.

[​IMG]

You know I love this guy so much. Well he creates beautiful work and has his own technique using Shlac. He Shlacs a piece by doing his calligraphy/text/graff whatever then wipes away the non shlaced clay and repeats giving his work a level and clean amount of depth. Also too HE LOVES GOOD BEER! He sells his porcelain mugs on Etsy and uses a image that if I can find it states "good beer needs a good glass" or something like that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well I wasnt expecting my wine to catch up so sooon. So Ill wait to post again. Keep this thread going.

Fist 666 likes this.
  11. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Elite Member

Damn I was one enthusiastic drunk guy last night...

watson likes this.
  12. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Elite Member

13. watson

watson 12oz Loyalist

14. watson

watson 12oz Loyalist

15. watson

watson 12oz Loyalist