The art of not giving a fuck, and still being an optimist.

World events are so depressing to me. There is nothing that makes me more sad then being concerned about something and feeling helpless at the same time. I've gotten to a point where I'd rather just be oblivious to anything that doesn't concern me, my friends, my family, my job, and maybe my immediate community. Sometimes I think it's depressingly typical that I'm becoming more and more calloused. Then sometimes I think maybe if we all just could mind our own buisness, and we didn't give a shit about everything else besides what really mattered, we wouldn't have so much of a power struggle. We wouldn't need government, law and order, we wouldn't need news media, real life t.v. shows, all we'd need was some food, water, family, friends, games, and maybe a small trade method or some bullshit like that. Really, I think not giving a fuck is the most underrated tactic of living a good, happy life that a human being can ever expierience.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest i have a beard

exactly. i have fully made the change to that mindset. if it doesnt concern my immediate world around me, then it doesnt really matter

If you live in a decent part of America you probably CAN afford not to give a fuck.

Its nice not too....I hear what you're sayin though..you've got to numb it out sometimes and just help what you can. Unless you plan on morphing into superduperivegottoworryabouteverythingandfixit man...do what you can around you in your community..hell..even in your circle of friends and family.

blah

not given a fuk IS a great way to not let inimediate things get to you.... but no gvernment,,,,that cant ever happen, whenever there is a group of people a leader or some type of rule evolves...you can fight it but then your really not living easy are you.....

it would be nice if our government wasnt scandalist,,,but hey your able to get on a computer and discuss your feelings with friends in the comfort and security of your own piece of the puzzle....alot of people die every day just trying to taste what you already have.....so go ahead and not give a fuk......i on the other hand will keep liven my life the way I want to..."your the one that will die when its time for you to die."J>M>

------------------

***life lesson: sometimes silence is the best answer***

I didn't mean to start this thread to condemn anyone for caring about something that doesn't directly effect them. I think it's admirable to care and try to make things better for someone or something else.. I realize I have it really good, I have ample oppertunity to do anything I want to do, education, grants, buisness loans. That's basicly what I'm saying, life is good, and that's all we have control over... We should be taking advantage of that, finsih school and get a career with retirement funds. I want to work, take vacations. If my life gets bad, I want to fix it. I just don't want to read these articles about people dying in protests, wars, starving children, third world slavery, I don't want to hear about it anymore, I don't want to pretend like anything I can do can stop it. Maybe it can, maybe I could devote my life to something and make a difference.. but then where would my happiness and fufillment be? I believe in helping people, but I want to help people here in my city, I want to help my friends when they get sad, I want to help my family. These are things I can help and control. It's just that so many people who become socially aware feel obligated to make a difference, all I'm saying is it's okay not to. It's perfectly fine if all you ever accomplish in your life is being a good person to those around you.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

yeah.. not giving a fuck works for me.. sometimes i get a little too deep into not giving a fuck.. like right now.. i should be out finding a job.. but im explaining to people ... hm...

i just got another wave of 'i dont give a fuck'.. so im going to stop explaining myself.

Archived