The Anti-War on Iraq thread

Guest imported_Europe

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you against the war?

The US has provided ample amount of information which shows Iraq is hiding weapons of mass destruction. I think alot of the anti-war people just like having something to complain about, and would never be happy with any type of military and/or government. I think deep down you wish you were a part of whole hippie generation and are finding any excuse to recreate it.

Fuck Iraq.

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by alleniverson

Why are you against the war?

The US has provided ample amount of information which shows Iraq is hiding weapons of mass destruction.

Well, it appears to me that USA has plenty weapons of mass destruction too, but I dont see that as any reason for going to war against USA.

Originally posted by Europe

Well, it appears to me that USA has plenty weapons of mass destruction too, but I dont see that as any reason for going to war against USA.

Alot of people find the threat of USA's global domination through military force to be more than enough reason for war against USA.

At what point do you feel a war is necessary? Iraq signed a treaty that they would not produce or harbor any weapons of mass destruction. They agreed to it. And now they want to go back on their word, and be secretive about what theyre up to.

If we wait until we're actually under attack from nuclear weapons we could lose millions of American lives unneccesarily.

In war and in life, sometimes you gotta strike first to protect yourself.

yeah, and oil has nthing to do with it

and speaking of treaties, thin about all the treaties that Bush through out the window when got the white house.

And if Irak is so bad, why not take down north korea are while you at it? Seems to me like they have broken some seroius treaies as well...FUCK BUSH

This war is avoidable. The US has turned its head (and helped fund) for years as Saddam has slaughtered his own people and grown to a Stalinesque figure. Why go to war now? Why Iraq when the other 2/3s of the "Axis of Evil" is in the process of creating nuclear weapons and/or has announced their intentions to do so? (N. Korea already has 'em; Iran announced they are beginning a nuclear program).

When the entire Middle East (and much of the world) already has a strong anti-American sentiment pervading their entire society, why increase that animosity by forcing war when much of the world clearly wants it avoided? The Bush administration is ensuring future generations of Americans that there will be plenty of people out there that hate us - more so than now. If the government wants to do something about terrorism, why don't they think beyond next year? This global domination kick we're on isn't fucking healthy.

Furthermore, I, like many others, feel as though this war is for the wrong reasons - namely hegemony, oil, and retribution.

War should be the final option.

The US has provided ample amount of information which shows Iraq is hiding weapons of mass destruction.

What information?! Powell gave an entire presentation on the matter to the UN and nothing conclusive was proven! The UN arms inspectors haven't found anything, either. Meanwhile, Ari promises evidence on a daily basis.

I, nor the rest of the world, am not convinced. Unless you're watching Fox News 24-7, I don't see how you're convinced either.

Originally posted by chester

yeah, and oil has nthing to do with it

and speaking of treaties, thin about all the treaties that Bush through out the window when got the white house.

And if Irak is so bad, why not take down north korea are while you at it? Seems to me like they have broken some seroius treaies as well...FUCK BUSH

please be specific

fuck a war. the geto boys said so, and i listen to what bushwick bill says....but seriously on the real, the way theyre going abotu trying to make it look like this war could still be avoided is actually funny, in a completely sad, unfunny way. everyday i get more ashamed of being a citizen of this country. and its just sad becasue it started with such good intentions and really did stand for something up until about 60 years ago. and anyone who says love it or leave it, fuck you. its not easy to become a citizen of another country. if there was a war and canada extended citizenship to americans fleeing i would def go there.

the us is going to bbe attacked again on our own soil, its sad, but pretty much everyone is warning about it. im not about to let myself die of small pox because the us has a small dick complex.

this is really jumbledand random..i just woke up and cant think straight yet.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

I, nor the rest of the world, am not convinced.

I like how you have chosen to speak on behalf of 'the rest of the world'.

Lots of people are for the war, so your statement is inaccuarate.

You can not just sit back and not do anything because youre afraid of possible retaliation. Doing that, you will never accomplish anything.

Heres an example..You see some gangbanger and hes by himself at a party talking with your sister. Your sister turns him down for a date and the guy hits her. Do you fight the guy or just not do anything because youre afraid he'll get his boys against you?

Theres not a real clear cut answer I guess. But personally Id fight him and worry about the retaliation later.

In a strange sense, thats kinda what youre talking about concerning the possible war. You think we shouldnt do anything to stop possible nuclear attacks on America and/or other parts of the world simply because other people will 'hate us'. Thats a weak argument and doesnt hold any water.

If you dont like the war, dont fight in it. Simple as that. I respect your right to protest. You can protest and hold up signs until your arms fall off. More power to ya, express your views. But personally I think this war is necessary and so do alot of other people, so think twice before you speak on behalf of the rest of the world.

all the assholes like this deserve to blow themselves up....so i guess i could say yeah i am for war.....and nascar

You can not just sit back and not do anything because youre afraid of possible retaliation. Doing that, you will never accomplish anything.

Heres an example..You see some gangbanger and hes by himself at a party talking with your sister. Your sister turns him down for a date and the guy hits her. Do you fight the guy or just not do anything because youre afraid he'll get his boys against you?

Theres not a real clear cut answer I guess. But personally Id fight him and worry about the retaliation later.

In a strange sense, thats kinda what youre talking about concerning the possible war. You think we shouldnt do anything to stop possible nuclear attacks on America and/or other parts of the world simply because other people will 'hate us'. Thats a weak argument and doesnt hold any water.

If you dont like the war, dont fight in it. Simple as that. I respect your right to protest. You can protest and hold up signs until your arms fall off. More power to ya, express your views. But personally I think this war is necessary and so do alot of other people, so think twice before you speak on behalf of the rest of the world.

Guest imported_Europe

If the USA go over and fights Iraq, which they probaly will do no matter what, do you then think that

a. The USA gets more enemies?

b. The USA gets more allies?

Right now the allies are already leaving the USA to their own business and there is no chance in hell that a war will make the USA more popular in the MiddleEast, muslim-ruled countries or peaceloving nations.

And like Poop Man siad, nobody is convinced by the "evidence" the USA claims to have. But I guess that doesnt matter to some people that knows better than the rest of the world.

Guest imported_Europe

http://www.politiken.dk/images/6j300kdh_b7aa56e2e5298a09.jpg'>

Holding signs till our arms fall off...

http://www.politiken.dk/images/6j300kik_4bcb54191b913d9a.jpg'>

In Greece, the giant banner reads:

NATO + U.S + EU = WAR = Barbarity

Fight for peace and culture

http://www.politiken.dk/images/6j300kkg_5e4f75431f39a4fd.jpg'>

Getting ready in London

Guest •nakEd

The world would be a better place without war

but the government sucks... let them money hungry

ho's do what they want, because they act like

you have an opinion in what will happen... but they dont

give 2shits about what you have to say....

just keep it real nigga!

What a horrible analogy...Who is our little sister? Iraq hasn't done anything to any other country, so basically we're gonna fight the gangbanger just because there's the possibility that he could hit our sister. That's just not how things are supposed to work.

Guest HESHIANDET

i respect everyones opinions on this issue, BUT. i WAS anti war before i had to do some serious research on the topic for a debate. so untill you guys (and the millions who are also protesting) hit the books in a serious way, not just some google searches you are playing yourself. straight up. you may not want to hear it, but its true. sad fact is people will die, how many is the question. and YES i have family in the military righ tnow. so yeahhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by woo woo woo

What a horrible analogy...Who is our little sister? Iraq hasn't done anything to any other country, so basically we're gonna fight the gangbanger just because there's the possibility that he could hit our sister. That's just not how things are supposed to work.

Fuck it, it was a bad analogy. But now Europe has taken up speaking for 'the rest of the world'. If any of those people had jobs or something productive to do they wouldnt have time to stand around and recreate the 60s with their stupid signs. Why dont you go out and do something? Fuck if you believe that strongly you can go over to Iraq and fight against America. John Walker is someone I respect. Protesting fucks like this, I do not. Actually put your ass on the front line. If youre American, at the very least you could go to another country, you know your tax dollars fund the war, right?

And all of you are the same ones who complain about 9/11 and say the govt should have known and stopped them before it happened, etc. Thats what theyre trying to do here.

I know its all the rage among alot of you to be anti-whateverthegovernmentisdoing and it makes you seem ultra-smart that you dont 'believe the lies of the media and government', so someone like me who believes differently must be an idiot. Honestly, when is the last time any of you liked something the government did? Ill bet it was sometime during the Clinton administration since he seems to be the only president to be somewhat liked by the anti-everything folks.

And by the way, Clinton was a great president, but I dont remember too much protesting when he bombed the supposed 'weapons factory' in Sudan.

Keep holding up those signs..I still see arms.

Guest imported_Europe

But now Europe has taken up speaking for 'the rest of the world'. If any of those people had jobs or something productive to do they wouldnt have time to stand around and recreate the 60s with their stupid signs.

Its a fucking Saturday man, people have their weekends!

Your points and analogies are so played... Youre like a grumpy old man telling young poeple to get haircuts and jobs, get over it.

Pardon my use of sarcasm. I'll refrain from it in future posts.

So, in your completely asinine example, I assume that the gangbanger is Iraq and my sister is .... uhm ... well. The US? Iraq's own people? Daddy Bush? The Twin Towers?

And when did Iraq hit my unascertained sister? 9-11? (no proof of connection). Desert Storm? (this has no relation, since, using your line of reasoning, the US at that point did beat up the gangbanger). Breaking treaties promising the nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction? (Like I stated earlier, no proof).

Your extended metaphor makes no sense whatsoever.

Furthermore, your unwillingness to look beyond the imminent future ("personally Id fight him and worry about the retaliation later") is our government's central problem when deciding which conflicts in which to involve themselves. The US was supplying Saddam with arms in the 80s in order to battle Iran. Now that the USSR is no more and Iran isn't their puppet, we're the first in line to insist upon Iraq's disarmament.

If you dont like the war, dont fight in it. Simple as that.

Done. But, maybe, just maybe, I'd rather those I know not be sent over to die. Perhaps I don't want people I don't even know sent to die.

You failed to address anything I said in my previous post, especially re: the lack of proof of weapons of mass destruction and why Iraq rather than the rest of the Axis of Evil. Say something of substance for once.

Actually put your ass on the front line.

Practice what you preach, there, killer.

Are you ready to give your life to protect US oil interests?

The case for war here is so thin that it sets a dangerous precedent. Other countries can invade their long-hated neighbors for weak reasons and cite the US going after Iraq as equally weak. There goes Taiwan, Chechnya and who knows what else.

If any of those people had jobs or something productive to do they wouldnt have time to stand around and recreate the 60s with their stupid signs. Why dont you go out and do something? Fuck if you believe that strongly you can go over to Iraq and fight against America. John Walker is someone I respect. Protesting fucks like this, I do not. Actually put your ass on the front line. If youre American, at the very least you could go to another country, you know your tax dollars fund the war, right?

I know its all the rage among alot of you to be anti-whateverthegovernmentisdoing and it makes you seem ultra-smart that you dont 'believe the lies of the media and government', so someone like me who believes differently must be an idiot. Honestly, when is the last time any of you liked something the government did?

Don't assume that because one is against the war, they are therefore against everything the US government does. You can extend anything anyone says to the nth degree, but it doesn't make their initial statement incorrect. Here's a link to help yourself out.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Practice what you preach, there, killer.

Are you ready to give your life to protect US oil interests?

The case for war here is so thin that it sets a dangerous precedent. Other countries can invade their long-hated neighbors for weak reasons and cite the US going after Iraq as equally weak. There goes Taiwan, Chechnya and who knows what else.

all kidding aside, this issue is so fucked, that its basically a lose-lose situation. i mean, if iraq is or already has developed "weapons of mass destruction" we already know that they hate us. thats what bush and his associates are putting out there, that they are out for our blood when the opportunity presents itself. do you or i KNOW whether or not iraq has these weapons or wants to cause us harm? we all have our opinions on the matter, and everyone is always so quick to jump down peoples throats for what others believe. and then you have all the countries in the middle east that have been watching us and judging our every move. how do they really feel? do they hate us as much as we are lead to believe? you can say that 9/11 was planned by our government, but seriously, if it was uncovered that it was done by our government, what would happen to those that plotted it? would they really risk their asses in such a way? if we sit back and act like iraq isnt up to anything at all, then we run the risk of being attacked. if we attack iraq, we run the risk of being attacked by other countries that didnt like us to begine with (maybe?). who is to say they wouldnt attack us at some point anyway? the reason they dont like us is the society that we live in. where people do as they feel, and dont worry about sin as long as they are happy. face it, our morals have gone straight down the shitter. our country was already headed into the trash can because of the environment we've created for ourselves. and it isnt democrat or republican party to blame. its EVERYONE. this used to be a country founded on morals, but what happened to all that? all that shit has been thrown out the window...and for what? for oil? for political gains? for personal gains? we write on shit all the time, breaking the laws ourselves....stealing along the way....for what reasons? fame? partially. to fuck the system? yea, that too. but are we really helping a cause, or are we just adding to the problem? take a look at hegemony theories.....our country has been on top for too long apparently. we could just try to cut ourselves out of every conflict, but then we run the risk of being attacked for our past. others arent going to forget the past, whether it was our own fault for getting involved or if we had a just reason. if we go out guns blazing, we'll probably lost a good percentage of our population. in my opinion, our time is through. how do we want to go out?

Archived