the anti-narcotics thread

metallix

Narcotics (drugs) take away our health and therefore our lives!

They are poisons masquerading as pleasure.

They deceive us into thinking we are enjoying ourselves.

In reality we die with every dose.

This thread is dedicated to people who stay drug and alcohol free despite huge pressures from society. And our own weaknesses to indulge in the filth known as drugs and alcohol.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been trying to live the clean life

without much success for 3 years now.

I think some things you just grow out of

when the time is right. However....

what's right for one person isn't always right for another,

so please... judge not..... you know the rest.

Originally posted by Plagiarism

ive been trying to give up drinking. its REALLY hard while your in college. its all people do. what would i do at night?

It goes far past college ... most everyone I know, family, friends, co-workers all drink failry often. its just not as talked about and celebrated after as it is during college. I never got on the drinking bandwagon(fearing my family history after watching dads downward spiral), and no joke i have a hard time bonding with certain people because of it.

I'm with key3 I would like to be strong enough to not have anything as a crutch, yet its hard ... the structure of living we are under isn’t friendly to full time sobriety (in my view)… why do you think we are seeing so many anti-depressants coming from medical companies that cant tell you how they work but just know they do. One of my girls cousins said it best ... "its either pot or prozak and I would pick herb anyday."

and not to take away from the starter of this thread ... cuz i give mad credit to anyone who can do it sober all the time.

Originally posted by metallix

Narcotics (drugs) take away our health and therefore our lives!

They are poisons masquerading as pleasure.

They deceive us into thinking we are enjoying ourselves.

In reality we die with every dose.

This thread is dedicated to people who stay drug and alcohol free despite huge pressures from society. And our own weaknesses to indulge in the filth known as drugs and alcohol.

http://www.scenicdrive.org/mormon.jpg'>

"NOW THAT YOU KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT DRUGS LETS GO SING A SONG ABOUT HOW STEALING MAKES US FEEL BAD!"

if you abuse a plant or substance, the plant/substance will abuse you.

drugs aren't harmful, for the most part. if you don't believe me, research for yourself.

drugs have been used for the predominant part of human history, in one for or another.

i'll even go so far as to say that crack cocaine is not harmful if used in the proper way....i, myself do not use crack, coke, or any other form of uppers because i believe it to be false energy (coyote spirit). that is, however, personal opinion.

what i'm saying is that drugs aren't bad, people are. they use substances to cover their own little problems with life, etc. alot of reasons, i suppose. drugs aren't supposed to be used that way. especially...ESPECIALLY the plants.

people are confused...mislead...

well, "downers" are more feminine. especially plants like marijuana.

feminine spirit is more passive than aggressive. get my drift?

the male spirit is more aggressive in nature.

the reason i termed it "coyote spirit" is because coyote tricks you. the coyote is good at trickery....shrooms contain a type of coyote spirit, but it's a different type. one that can be tamed.

i'm really not trying to be all spiritual guru guy or anything, but i do have my beliefs and i do know the facts.

like i said, drugs aren't bad. it's people. people are selfish. we're often more than ready for quick self satisfaction with a total lack of regard or respect for plants and substances. it's all "me, me, me". especially in the u.s.

Originally posted by WEAK NIGGUH

I THINK ALCOHOL AND WEED ARE BOTH SHITTY HIGHS ANYWAYS

AND COKE AND CRYSTAL MAKE ME WANNA KILL MYSELF WHEN THEY WEAR OFF

it's all how you go about using these things. some men are so hardcore about their masculinity that they can't use a feminine substance. it fucks them up to feel relaxed.

alcohol....alcohol is wrong for some people. too much masculinity in it...for the overly masculine male, it can be deadly...it's like injecting an already manly man with more testosterone. that is trouble waiting to happen.

crystal meth...some of it, especially the bathtub shit is pure poison. these fucking backwoods guerilla cooks without proper lab technique or cares for proper lab technique are just out for a quick buck. they don't give a fuck who uses their "product". that's what greed does to mankind. i suppose it can be a useful substance, but humans are not meant to be awake for long peroids of time off of fake energy. that is the part that hurts. the body needs sleep.

coke...it's a good anesthetic. that is all.

Originally posted by casekonly

well, "downers" are more feminine. especially plants like marijuana.

feminine spirit is more passive than aggressive. get my drift?

the male spirit is more aggressive in nature.

the reason i termed it "coyote spirit" is because coyote tricks you. the coyote is good at trickery....shrooms contain a type of coyote spirit, but it's a different type. one that can be tamed.

i'm really not trying to be all spiritual guru guy or anything, but i do have my beliefs and i do know the facts.

like i said, drugs aren't bad. it's people. people are selfish. we're often more than ready for quick self satisfaction with a total lack of regard or respect for plants and substances. it's all "me, me, me". especially in the u.s.

Before this gets closed on account of dumbshit...

Just as much as you're not trying to be a guru I'm not too overly concerned with drugs these days anyway, so I think we're on the level.

Anyway, just wondering where you might have gotten that from. Sounds like something out of the Life and Teachings of Don Juan (which I haven't read). As of late I've been wondering how exactly certain cultures use substances in ceremony and what they strive to achieve... got any good books or links to reccommend?

kido: you don't abuse it, that's how. i know it sounds weird and i realize alot of people can't control themselves with shit like that, but it is possible.

26sided: where did i learn about this stuff? to be honest, i have lived a life of craziness. i do, of course, read alot, too.

i think you meant "don quixote" not "don juan". yeah, read that book.

alot of this comes from buddhist teachings that i try to apply to my daily life. alan watts ahs taught me quite a bit, so has thach nhit hanh.

not a whole lto about drugs, just moral and ethical lessons in life..

my views on drugs are like encountering a dog. you can kick the dog once and if the dog bites you, you can't blame it...if you kicked it every time you saw it, and it bit you harder and harder, you still couldn't blame the dog...you kicked it first.

if you encountered the dog for the first time and petted it and talked to it, it would probably love you. it would respect you as you respect it, in other words. same with drugs. respect them. they, along with all things in life are our teachers.

i'm not condoning drugs at all, btw. alot of people might misconstrue what i say. please don't.

almost forgot, you asked about books..there are tons i could recommend.

there's a book by bicycle press on buddhism and hallucinogens that's an excellent read. not sure if it's still available or not.

this link might help with some more references

http://www.erowid.org/spirit/spirit.shtml

pick up the alan watts boook "the taboo of knowing who you truly are" something like that. it's got the big black infinity sign on the front..the sideways 8

btw: entheogen broken down means "in the gereration of god"

en-in

theo-god

gen-generation

The Apples of Apollo : Carl Ruck, Blaise Staples, & Clark Heinrich

Chemical Ecstasy : Walter Houston Clark

The Cosmic Serpent : Jeremy Narby

Entheogens and the Future of Religion : Robert Forte

Forest of Visions : Alex Polari de Alverga

The Mystery of Manna : Dan Merkur

One Nation Under God : Huston Smith & Reuben Snake

Ploughing the Clouds : Peter Lamborn Wilson

People of the Peyote : Stacy Schaefer & Peter Furst

Persephone's Quest : Wasson, Kramrisch, Ott, & Ruck

Peyote Religion : Omer C. Stewart

Gnosis Journal : Psychedelics and the Path (A Topical Issue)

Psychoactive Sacramentals Thomas B. Roberts

Vine of the Soul : Richard Evans Schultes

Zen, Drugs & Mysticism : R.C. Zaehner

Zig Zag Zen: Buddhism and Psychedelics : Allan Hunt Badiner & Alex Grey

That's a healthy list. Are most of these paperback or should I expect to be shelling out $40+ a piece?

Which would you say is a good book to start on without getting in over my head? I read rather well, I just don't want to pick up a book that's making refernces to things I haven't already been schooled on, nahmsayingod?

And I know what the infinity sign is. I just want to make that clear before people think I'm a derelict.

yeah! look what you did! you made ma' man have to go an close this shit, on'a count'a yall couldnt follow the rules! thats fucked up yall! ma man...he aint wanna have to close this shit, but yall pushed him to that level...yall aint got no one to blame but yourselves!! bunch of crack smoking dopers that cant even go a minute without talking about drugs. its people like yall that prolly get all them churces closed for being 'drug dens' cause yall is shootin up in the pieus! yall is scandelous!!

ma man tesser...yo hes a mild ass dude but yall had to push him to get wild. that aint right. yall got what you deserved....now put that in your pipes an smoke it!

Archived