the amazing adventures of vinyl junkie...

vinyl junkie

ok, i've been playing the homeless game for a little while now... i had a job for a couple of weeks, but i realized it was the worst job i've ever had... i stopped showing up, and my boss (who's also my boss at my security job) showed up at the club with my only paycheck and the next day started spreading the rumor at the other job that i overdosed on heroin and that's why i stopped showing up at work... people think i'm dead- i think that's funny...

anyways, i sat there for a week wondering what the hell i was gonna do now- gwt another job that i'll hate, start spare-changing, find some rich kid to mooch off of... and i started to remember how i'd been talking about wanting to travel this summer... so a couple of days ago i decided i'm gonna go travel... i'm gonna see pg. 99 play this weekend, and i need to get a permanent cap put on a tooth (not this temporary one that was sposed to be off months ago)... so i'm hoping i can get on the road by monday or tuesday...

first stop: portland oregon for the portland zine symposium... if my buddy can come with me then we'll be catching a freight up there, otherwise i'll probably be hitch-hiking... i/we will be meeting another friend up there, and hopefully scamming greyhound ameripasses and taking off from there... i know he has plans for going to new orleans and florida (among many other places) so if we can scam greyhound then we'll be tagging along with him... otherwise, i dunno... but we'll see what happens...

i'll try to check in here as often as possible and keep kind of a log here as to where i'm i'm going, where i've been and how the trip's been... wish me luck!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest --zeSto--

dont trust overly nice people... they will murder you.

dont go for rides with hillbillies... they will kill you.

dont take riders with angry couples... they will kill each other and blame you.

dont forget your music.. or you'll kill yourself.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

i've hitched before... i'm careful...

also, i'm currently dubbing records onto tape... i go crazy without music when i'm walking down the street, let alone stuck on a train for 12 hours...

speaking of which: hey ilikeskulls... finish my mix tape, and also, dub my weakling record onto tape... i'll pay you back this weekend...

Guest Pilau Hands

maybe i just don't keep up with the life and times...

but how did that whole living in NY thing work out?

be safe

and have fun out there

Originally posted by platapie

dam thats pretty scary to a suburbian like me.

hahahahahahahhahahah thats funny...go for it junkie....be careful in new orleans...you might not want to leave ;) ....florida..i dunno...its ok...have fun

Guest ilikeskulls.

vinyl your tape is done...i'll dub the weakling in the morning or whenever my body decides to get up.

have fun.be safe.don't get raped by any abnormally large ducks and such...and send me fucking mail.i never get any mail.mail makes me sane like butter on toast.

oh yeah and for no reason at all your a cunt rash.

Guest willy.wonka

dude,are you gonna be like this all your life?

i hate to see a brotha end up homeless "fo life" homeless.

take care man,take it easy,have fun.

aloha,spread it everywhere you go.:o

Guest Canadiano

i've always wanted to hitchike across Canada or something, but I've been told to make sure I have a white friend to do it with. Come to think of it, my Chinese buddy went last year went across Canada with this white hippie dirtball, and said that he probably woulda been more successful if he had gone without him.

godspeed, vinyl.

Guest PHYNE
Originally posted by --zeSto--

oh its so true ...hahaah

hey bro, check out amtrak... right now they have some hardcore sales. after july first, you can go from seattle to NY for 45 bucks. im not sure what other routes are on sale, but it would be worth checking out.

how does one go about scamming ameripasses?

I wouldnt imagine scamming ameripasses would be that hard..

They barely glanced at mine last summer

Over a couple thousand miles, not once did they even check if the name on the pass corresponded with the name on my ID.

The paper is crappy and thin..and the ink faded after something like a week.

Good luck Vinyl !!

well, plans are starting to take hold... after a farewell bar binge on thursday and a few last local shows, i'll be sticking out my thumb on the 4th of july... going straight up to portland oregon... my buddy tremors may or may not be with me at the time, but he'll definately be meeting me there for the zine symposium... also meeting me there will be my buddy josh... i'll be there for about a week, crashing with friends, and after the zine dealie i'm either gonna scam an ameripass*, or actually shell out the loot to buy one, and when i leave tremors is probably gonna get a ride back down home (unless the scam works)... from there i'm not really sure of the schedule... the stops i know we're making (note sure of the dates, but there are specific dates) are in detroit; pensacola, florida; louisville, kentucky (see ya soon zack...); and new orleans... we're basically goin all the fuck over the place... it's gonna be fun- i'm stoked...

--------------------------------------------------

*the ameripass or discoverypass or what ever it's called used to be a simple piece of paper that you could simply xerox... suppossedly they still take these sometimes, but they've moved on to a more complicated one... i don't know how they're different, but they can't just be xeroxed, that's all i know... dude josh has one, so i'm gonna see if there's any way i can forge it, but it's pretty doubtful...

as for amtrack, i heard they've had some really cheap tickets (thanks for lookin out seeking) but my moving is gonna be so sporadic and fast that the ameripass is gonna work out really well... however, i do plan on trying out the amtrack scam at least once just to see if it'll work...

Archived